Picaroon - The Lost Years - Part 1: Mysteries of the deep

Started by Electroshokker, Sun 11/09/2005 18:14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Electroshokker

Quote from: Cyrus on Sun 04/05/2008 13:40:48
Will the plot be ABSOLUTELY new or contain only some changes?

No, the plot won't be absolutely new compared to MI - TLY. Since the stage was already set to be on new islands with new characters, there aren't that many changes, actually. (Other then all direct references to MI being scrapped, so no old MI jokes. Only new jokes. Which seem hauntingly familiar somehow. Hmm...)

Quote from: websiteAll original content © 2006-2008 Pirate 'n Mojo Studios. All art, music and all other parts of "Picaroon - The Lost Years" is fully original. If any of our characters shows any resemblance to any existing character (fictional or otherwise), this is purely a coincidence. Really.

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Sun 04/05/2008 13:44:16
This looks sweet 8).

The new website looks really nice!
I dont think ive posted in this thread during its life but this game is looking really good!
And I can now officially add this game to my "games I'm looking forward to" list.

I had a listen to the music to, which also sounds really good!

Peder.

Glad you like it! It took a lot of hard work to get the new website up and running (and all our old content converted to fit in there).

Mordalles

i love that cover/title art! looks great! love the colour mixing and matching!
good luck with the project.  ;)

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Ubel

Lovely poster indeed! And the game looks and sounds excellent! I like the simplicity of the basic plot.

Da_Elf

picaroon , MI, no big difference. the game looks like its going to be awsome none-the-less

Matti

Wow! Seeing this I think I should browse a bit through the games-in-production thread..

It started quite a while ago, but it's good to see that there's still progress.

xelanoimis

Looking wonderful! Very professional.
Can't wait to play it!

CosmoQueen

Wow this looks quite amazing. Incredibly professional.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Electroshokker

Always nice to get positive comments.

Anyways,

we're still looking for animators, as there's lots of stuff that still needs to be done.

We only need a few more character animations, it's mostly "action" animations (tiny cutscenes) and possibly some ambient animations that need to be done.

We've got pretty much every other angle covered, so:

If any of the following applies to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. (via PM or email, mailadress is on our website)

- If you love Monkey Island games
- If you like to work on a bigger than average community project
- If you like adventure games made in stunning 2D graphics
- You just got waaay to much time on your hands
- You got a little time to spare and like to share your experience

Any help you can give is appreciated. The only requirement is you show something you've recently made.

Cyrus

Post that in "Recruit a Team" thread in "Adventure-related talk & chat".

Ghost

I must say, I'm quite happy to see the change from a MI-fangame to something original. Apart from the legal issues, your game has so much potential- so much quality, too- and style that it seems a waste to stick the Monkey Island label to it. Let's face it, who'd live up to all the nostalgy-tinted memories we use to have when it comes to the Mighty Pirate... now, Picaroon can prove its worth on its own.

I like that, and wish you the best of luck!

Electroshokker

Winter 2008

And so, with a (blue) cup of tea in my hand, I review all the events that took place this year, and saw that it was all good.

We've had a number of people join our team, all which have produced some nice, top quality stuff: sound FX, animations, ...

We're not there quite yet, but we're getting ahead. While I dunno when we'll finish this game, I do know we WILL finish this game (well, part 1 anyways) and that you'll love it.

Cheers to the team for all their efforts!
Cheers to Chris Jones for improving the AGS engine further!

-and cheers to you, reader!

Cyrus

Are you going to place any new content (music, screenshots, etc.) on the site?

dirk delshire

This game look frick'n awesome. I love the whole Monkey Island vibe, hopefully it's as good as the graphics.
Will it have a voice pack?
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

chapter11studios

Holy crap, this game looks absolutely awesome! Keep up the good work.

Electroshokker

January 2009

Wow, yet another year passed by... I can hardly believe it's been so long ago since this project was started...

We've come pretty far, I must say. With animation artists joining us only in 2008, it has been a very interesting year to say the least. The game is starting to shape up quite nicely.

2009 promises to become even more interesting...

Quote from: Cyrus on Sun 09/11/2008 16:53:33
Are you going to place any new content (music, screenshots, etc.) on the site?

Just put a new screenshot up. I'm too busy adding stuff to the game build atm, so for more content on the site you'll have to wait a while.

Quote from: dirk delshire on Sat 15/11/2008 01:51:50
This game look frick'n awesome. I love the whole Monkey Island vibe, hopefully it's as good as the graphics.
Will it have a voice pack?

Once we get the game ready to play with no more bugs, we will contact a number of voice artists to make a voice pack, yes. However, this is not our top priority.

Takyon

This game looks so good I can't wait to play it. Where's the link to the demo though it seems to be dead on the first page?
ghost.

Daniel Thomas

The demo is of an very old build and it has about nothing to do with the current game we're working on - everything has changed :>

Progress is still made, some animations getting done and alot of code being written by Electroshokker.
So thanks for all the comments so far! We're getting closer :>
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Takyon

Ah ok thanks. Who makes your character sprites may I ask?
ghost.

Thuybrush Greepwood

Omg i think, this game will be the best one ever made from people of this site! :o (no offense ;) )
dont know how far you are now but i will continue checkin out this site .... (well i´ve done it the last two years ... ;) so np there)
hopefully we´re allmost there^^
Wishyou all the best  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk