New game: The (supposed ) Legend of Barry Coldpepper

Started by , Mon 19/09/2005 09:27:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenos

Once upon, during the epic century of the wild west…
A young man escaped from the old sleepy Europe, where he left his creepy doomed mansion, his ruinous law studies, his tyrannical parents that imposed him an unwanted girlfriend , and joined a lousy circus on the other side of the ocean, far away from every known civilization….
His name was Barry Coldpepper, and he became (almost) a legend…

This would be a nonsense humorous comedy,  a spaghetti-western parody, enriched by the mysteries and magic of native Americans and, of course, lots of tricky puzzles…
Just another effort to revitalize the great Lucas-Art tradition…

Now I've wrote about 90% of the plot..
But the game is still in early development stage..
As you  can see, with my poor graphics skills, I've done the main char animation, and some drafts for background graphics…

You can find larger screenshots here and here and  here....

Anyway, I would like to make this as a “collective” project…
Because I like collective creativity, and also I think I'd need a lot of help to make something good out of this idea…

However I'm just a coder, so I REALLY need help especially for graphics, character drawing and animation, GUIs and backgrounds.

Also I'd need some help to make “realistic” dialogues, since I don't speak English in my everyday life, so the way I write in this language sometimes is not good enough to create funny or even plausible texts…

Any kind of help/critics also for music, or if you have a suggestion for the plot, and so on,  will be appreciated and gratefully welcomed…

If you are interested in this project just PM me, and  I could even rise up a web site and a community forum dedicated to this game…

*hopes to see you soon*

Darth Mandarb

This is an international community here ...

Sometimes it can take awhile to get replies, you just need to be a little more patient.

Also, I combined your posts.  Please do not double post like that.

If these backgrounds are just "drafts" as you say ... then I would have to say that this game isn't far enough into production to have it's own post in here.  If you're looking for help with the project post in the ACR Thread asking for it.

If these screenies aren't "in-game" shots as will appear in the final game, please let me know.

ildu

Sensitive, sensitive. I'm replying to it right now, so why doncha phase back into reality. Looks somewhat good. The theme seems original around these parts as well. Cartoonier would be better.

Electroshokker

You know, a lot of people are looking for the same people you're looking for (aka: graphic artists), including me. (I'm busy with The Return To Monkey Island (again))

Best if you at least prep some 'concept art' you put in-game, which can be replaced later on with the better backgrounds.

Also: a small demo would be nice.

But the "realistic" dialogues part I can help with, if you'd like. (you can check out what I've got and decide for yourself if you want me to help you.)

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: storyteller on Mon 19/09/2005 15:15:05Best if you at least prep some 'concept art' you put in-game, which can be replaced later on with the better backgrounds.

No no no ...

If these backgrounds are not the final "in-game" graphics, then it's too early to have made this post.  As clearly stated in the Forum Rules!!

If you want to post some "concept" art ... do so in the Critics Lounge.  Get some feedback, get some people interested in helping you, make some actual "in-game" backgrounds, and THEN release a Games in Production thread.

Xenos

Darth Mandarb: I'm sorry, but I didn't know I could modify my old posts… (some forums don't allow this..)
I just wanted to add another screenshot so I added that reply..
I apologize, it was a newbie's mistake…

However you are right, I'm not yet sure this will be the final in-game graphics… (I hope they will be much better).. So maybe I did this post too early..
If you want you can delete or move this stuff to Critics Lounge…

I will post here once I have a sort of playable demo…

ildu: I agree with you, cartoonier would be better… The trouble is that I'm not a cartoonist at all…  ::)

storyteller: Thank you very much for your offer, I read your posts and I'll look closer to your works, but for what I've seen, I think you're just the right person I was looking for the dialogues… So soon I will PM you with a more detailed plot…

Again I apologise if I caused some troubles…

Anyway I feel a bit more optimistic now!!...:)

*I'll keep begging some artists for help…*

Darth Mandarb

Alrighty then ... I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread. :)

Thanks for your understanding!

When you have found yourself a background artist, and have quite a few backgrounds completed, go ahead and just start a new thread.

As for the "newbie's mistakes" ... we all made them at one time or another!

Read the sticky threads at the tops of each of the boards and you should make less of them ;)

Good luck with the game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk