Sound effects

Started by Freydall, Sun 25/09/2005 18:42:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Freydall

I've followed the manual's istructions but my sound effect doesn't work.
I've got an mp3 sound file of a hammer hitting an anvil. One of the character's who is a weaponsmith is hitting the anvil with his hammer. I set it as an idle view. On the frame he hits it I've made it play the sound but I can't hear it. There's no problem with my speakers because it's playing the music in the background and the music isn't too loud for me to hear the sound effect either.
AEscplega is the best epic ever. Chapter I is finally finished and Chapter II is on it's way.

Ishmael

You sure you got the naming of the file right? What's the full filename?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Freydall

SOUND1... I would've used SOUND0 but it said that SOUND0 (in the View mode) was for no sound.
AEscplega is the best epic ever. Chapter I is finally finished and Chapter II is on it's way.

Ishmael

The full filename is "SOUND1"?

I remember some nuisance about the frame sounds a while back, but I don't remember what it was about exactly. Might relate to this...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Freydall

I found the problem. If it's an mp3 and it's less than 2 seconds long it won't play so I just converted it to a wav. file. Everything works now.

Pet Terry

You know, I had the same problem some time ago, only in my case the sounds didn't work if they were very very short, like, a second or less. I solved the problem by copying emptiness to the end of the sound to make it slightly longer.

I found the old thread, http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=18060.0
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Candle

Ummmmm thats why mine would not play. thanks for the heads up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk