Music in rooms

Started by Freydall, Sun 25/09/2005 14:25:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Freydall

Can anybody tell me the exact way to add a mp3 music file to the first room of a game in simple terms? The manual doesn't make sense. I saved the file as 'music 1000.mp3' and in the first room I put 'play music on room load' [1000] and I tested the game. It said that it could not play music because it is an LFN and instead of 1000 in the box it has automatically put -24 in its place.
AEscplega is the best epic ever. Chapter I is finally finished and Chapter II is on it's way.

Corey

why did u call it 1000?? just call it MUSIC1.mp3
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Ashen

There is (or was, don't know if it's still there) a part of the manual that says you have to add 1000 to the music number, if you call it using the 'Play sound' command in the interaction editor. However, you only add it to the number you type, not the actual file name (so it'd be music1.mp3 not music1001.mp3). Also, this doesn't apply to the 'Play music on room load' box - don't add the 1000 there.

LFN means Long File Name (as far as I know), so you'll probably solve that problem by renaming the file from music 1000.mp3 anyway. Also, get rid of the space between music and the file number -  I think that causes LFN errors even when the name isn't that long.

Once you do that, and make sure the number in the 'Play music on room load' box is right, it should work fine.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Freydall

Doesn't matter I just worked it out for myself. Thanks for your help anyway.
AEscplega is the best epic ever. Chapter I is finally finished and Chapter II is on it's way.

Corey

i looked in the "HELP" File and it said: what ever ags finds 1st... so call it MUSIC1.xm or something like that
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Ishmael

Quote from: Corey on Sun 25/09/2005 15:47:16
i looked in the "HELP" File and it said: what ever ags finds 1st... so call it MUSIC1.xm or something like that

AGS plays music0.* automatically on game start, unless it's .wav (or so I've understood). It never plays other files unless told to do so.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk