My first 3D scene!!

Started by Cluey, Sun 25/09/2005 20:40:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Cluey

Well, this is by no means any indication that for some reason I've got off my arse to work on my game.  But I recently got Art of Illusion, and after reading some basic tutorials on getting the bugger to work, I decided to make a simple 3D scene.

So I decided to remake this scene:

In 3D.

The result was fairly pleasing.

Aramore
My webcomic.

Cluey

84 views and not 1 reply?

I dont usually do this but, BUMP.

God I feel dirty...
Aramore
My webcomic.

vict0r

Actually i like the first one better. Its a great room, you'll have that, but unless you manage to make a good 3d character this scene is useless. From all i have seen earlier, normal characters look damned bad on 3D bg's. But dont let me discourage you. I hope you manage to make a satisfying character. :)

Krysis

It doesnt look 3D actually. It might work. and the perspective is really good. Maybe the poster with the dots is a bit stupid and the lights are too brihgt but who knows. :)

Cluey

I wont be using this in the game, as then I'd have to remake everything, but I was just trying out some 3D.

(I may however redo that background in 2D)
Aramore
My webcomic.

Ashen

I was trying to think of something more constructive than "No, Sir. I don't like it.". And this is the best I came up with:

It's not bad in any way - except maybe being too empty - it's just a bit bland, missing the personality of the original. Of course, if it's just a test of the 3D program, then good on ya, looks fine & keep at it - you can only get better.
(I had a little more, but it's pointless since you're not looking to do Darksiders in 3D.)
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

IM NOT TEH SPAM

It looks like the poster with the 3 red dots is leaning away from the wall...
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Cluey

It is...  The wall is slanted, as straight walls looked too boring (yes this image could be more dull.)

I know It's not the most exciting scene I coulda done but I didnt want to throw myself in at the deep end and drown (be put off 3D for good)
Aramore
My webcomic.

IM NOT TEH SPAM

Oh... didn't notice the slanted wall before
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Andail

I think they could definitely work as some basic structures for 3D backgrounds (although making 3D is hard, and I seldom like the style personally).
The slanted walls have to be straightened of course, and the lightsources are too strong and concentrated. Just work with the colour-scheme a bit and add some nifty details, and they will work for sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk