Chosen: Part One - The Ones

Started by MissyChelle, Fri 30/09/2005 21:05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

MissyChelle

Chosen: Part 1 - The ones

This is my first game ever! It's the first part of a series of games I am hoping to make.

It's about a group of friends who all of a sudden start encountering some very weird phenomenon and soon learn some interesting things about themselves and the world. I really don't wanna give too much away.

Here are some screenshots :D

The game is about 40% done I think. It should be done and ready to go before the end of October.
~*MissyChelle*~

Darth Mandarb

I think they look good ... could you post some actual size screeshots?  Or at least link the thumbnails to full size shots?

What kind of strange phenomena are they encountering?

The second screen-shot looks familiar?

Mordalles

looks amazing! looks like a really great style you have there! why did you keep it way from us and only make your 1st game now?!? hehe.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

MissyChelle

Sorry about that Darth...like I said I'm still learning, lol.

Here are the bigger screenshots.

All the animation is from drag and drop rooms and I just modified some clothing and other details, because I can't draw, lol. So, they may look familiar. I don't really wanna give away too much, butÃ,  I guess you can say it has to do with the supernatural.

Awww...thanks Mordallas...I guess I've just always been scared of criticism. :)
~*MissyChelle*~

Mordalles

those are insane detail you have in those backgrounds!
plus, the characters are also so detailed!  thats really impressive!
just another person making me jealous, since i wish i could do something like this!

anyway, it looks like we get to play with a hot girl. that should make me feel better.  ;D

Chicky

i dont mean to be a wanker but you didnt draw those, did you?

Sam.

oh my god. you ARE a wanker.

she  DID say that she drag and dropped them, so at least she's honest

I still like the look, although the chars are the wrong res for the bgs, i suggest lowering it to like, 320 *240

(love you really chick)
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

MissyChelle

Yeah, I may lower the res...it doesn't look too right.

Sorry Chicky, I'm not an artist.  ;D
~*MissyChelle*~

Chicky

heh sorry about that, i didnt read your reply. Atlest you stand a chance of finishing a game, unlike me!

Mordalles

ah, and here i was getting excited over the prospect of a cat fight. haha.

nah, just kidding.

well, it still looks nice, even though you didnt draw it yourself.

esper

I wish I could even RIP graphics and make them look that good! I think this will be a cool game, and if something has to do with the paranormal, I'm there.
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Sam.

Quote from: Mordalles on Sat 01/10/2005 01:17:37
ah, and here i was getting excited over the prospect of a cat fight. haha.

chicky is a boy.

I think this game DOES look good, but in retrospect, i dislike just straight copy and pasting. maybe try to edit it yourself, like, copy the styl, use it as a sample, i always find thats a good starting point.

Nacho

Good luck with the game and welcome to the forums...

Man, are all the cute girls in Ontario or what?!?!?!  ???
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

MissyChelle

Trust me Zooty...I don't think it's a good idea I draw anything, lol. I drew something for the mspaint game and it just confirmed that I should never draw my own characters, lol. Even using something as a sample and drawing from it...no...I suck too much, lol. But, like I said not everything has been copy and pasted somethings were made by me and almost everything has had colours changed, detail put in and things changed about them. Like most of the faces were done by me and some of the outfits.

Thanks Farlander, I'm lovin' it thus far!

Thanks to everyone!! You guys are all awesome!!Ã,  ;D
~*MissyChelle*~

Ishmael

Hey, even my pixel art isn't so bad that people would shoot me for it, so you sure can do a good job on drawing yourself. It might take some practice, but you'll get it.

The game idea itself is neat, I hope you can carry it out properly ;)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

calacver

looks good so far. I really like the bgs you picked.

Sam.

MissyChelle

Here are a couple more screenshots.Ã,  And a pic of one of the characters ;D

~*MissyChelle*~

Andail

The backgrounds are of varying quality, but since you haven't drawn them yourself (let alone posted in the critics) there's not much point in criticising them.
For future projects, I definitely think you should try to engage a fellow forum members to draw art for you.

Then again, it's good that you're so close on finishing a game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk