A Winter Night (Still in production... new screnshot!)

Started by Pet Terry, Mon 11/11/2002 14:34:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Pet Terry

This is a story about two kids, Sam and Lucas. One night they meet each other and goes in the search for mysterious magic box. Now it's up to you to find this box, but be careful; box is not so harmless as it looks...

***UPDATE 19th April 2003***
I noticed there were too many stars in the title screen so I took couple of them off... check updated title screen below. Here's a new screenshot:

:)

***UPDATE 18th April 2003***
Hey, game has been in development over six months now and it's very long time for such a small game as this. I could have released this couple of months ago, but I haven't got all the tunes I need. And it's a good thing: I started remaking backgrounds and they sure looks better than the old ones. Just check out this new title screen:

And here's the old one:

See the difference? ;)

***UPDATE 5th January 2003***
So, it's almost finished! I haven't been working with this for a while, because all it needs are translation and music (I only have main theme). But I think I get this finished at the end of January or faster, if m0ds has made those tunes and my translator is not lazy ;) Game is betatested and I heard that it's pretty hard... but if someone is waiting this... just be patient :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Gonzo

I like the look of this a lot! The cartoon style is cool and it's great to see the SCUMM-style interface appearing, that's not in enough AGS games. I look forward to it a lot.

Squinky

Yes, looks very cool...
The guys remind me of southpark somehow...

Trapezoid

Short, round headed, winter clothes? They look like cutesy Japanese SP characters...

Snake

Looks cool, man, can't wait. I remember you posting the original of this pic in the C&C forum :) I also commented on how they reminded me of the South Park kids...

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Pet Terry

Thanks guys! I have to say that it's not going to be anything like South Park... I hope :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Pet Terry

I updated first post.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Pet Terry

Heyheyhey! Check the first post for updates!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Mikko

You'd better hurry up with this.

I mean, it is spring already! ;)

Pet Terry

Hehe Mikko, I think you want me to finish it quickly because you want to play it ;) Anyway, check the first post, I uploaded a new screenshot!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

AJA

Looks great, Petteri. :)

QuoteHehe Mikko, I think you want me to finish it quickly because you want to play it

Who wouldn't? :D

Ishmael

Looks DAMN COOL! ;D Finnish: Siis unpiliivipul! Aivan täydellisen hiaanoa...  :o
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Rincewind

Nice graphics! Could be a really good game, this.

Just one thought: Isn't the two guys at the bar in Gabriel Knight 1 called Sam and Lucas? ;D

Pet Terry

Thanks for positive feedback!

Rincewind, heh, never though of that. Gotta check ;D
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk