"S A R" - New screenshots

Started by The Book, Sat 01/10/2005 09:15:06

Previous topic - Next topic

The Book

Story takes place in fictional state, or even Empire - Aettan. Aettan is in a state of crisis after failed war with Tor Haun. Insurgent  movement arise, striving to overthrow thain, or the monarchic ruler of Aettan. Thus the Guard is formed, in order to protect thain and current order. At Teuren is one of the Guard members, currently on trail of Assasin Lodge. As he wanders abadonned, crumbling streets of the city of Wosmanto he learns of the existence of Order - a sectarian organisation, whose members believe the only way to atone sins of Aettan citizens is to be found on the nightmarish planet of Leeyandai, in a place called Sanctuary. Sceptical at first, At Teuren departs from the Guard, joins the Order and embarks on a jorney to Leeyandai.

I will follow this post with some screenshots, demonstrating how poor this game's graphic design is.

You can download it from two separate locations: my own home ftp server (84.40.234.219, account name "public", password "public"), and rapidshare (http://rapidshare.de/files/5642311/Sardemo.zip.html). Play it and tell me if you like it or not.

edit by darth - added in the story from your last post, which shall now remain locked.  Please update this thread with the progress of the game!

edit by The Book Thanks, Darth! Few words about the demo: it takes place in one of the optional storylines - that is, one of the optional side-games that are triggered when At decides to listen to other people stories. This one puts you in shoes of Mar Man, official in Ainmar prison in Toeg (where he meets At Teuren), who once lived in Imperial colony of Mes Wosman. While being brief, the demo demonstrates basic concepts behind "Sar" - non-linear puzzles, inlusion of action sequences, and ability of the player to influence the story - to certain degree - by his own decisions, or by his reactions to situations he encounters. Have fun!

The Book

Good news for all of you who impatiently wait to jump into shoes of At Teuren - here's new background art I created today. The dark, looming place you see on the picture is the Sanctuary on the planet of Leeyandai.

i k a r i

I can't understand that background very well.. ???
Anyway, why is the resolution of those screens 800x600?...are those in game screens?.. O_o?
Is it going to be at that resolution?..

Good luck with the game!
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Mordalles

looking great, man. and sounds like a really interesting story.
how far are you with the game's progress?

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

scourge

The Book

Here are new in-game screenshots: the orbital chase sequence, with revamped background, Mar Man stranded on the wasteland of Zanseman, and flock of dynamically rendered haekherese (see the "Custom animation loop" in the technical forum):

Kinoko

The Book

Another screenshot... This one comes from a fighting sequence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk