Zooreal - January MAGS

Started by Neil Dnuma, Thu 27/01/2005 06:08:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Dnuma

Yes, finally you can be a kangaroo. At least for a little while.
Download "Zooreal" at: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=490
It's 13.5 Mb... I dunno, prob because of all 32 bits going into it. I'll try to less bit-hungry next time.

It's my first game (I found AGS two months ago), so don't expect too much, just have a little fun!Ã,  ;)

ggp

Really enjoying your game, and think the graphics are great along with the original idea. Although i think i may of hit a 'dead end'.....
Spoiler
I took the battery's from the safe for the hoover, but now im trying to use the safe by entering the code.....but there's no power. How do i put the battery's back, or have i got to try and find something else ?
[close]

Neil Dnuma

Spoiler
open the inventory and "use" the vacuum cleaner
[close]

ggp

Please forget the above, i worked it out, but.....
Spoiler
I can't do the code for the safe. I take it you take the numbers from the information about the animals ? Ive got three numbers '284' but couldnt find a number with the plant.......ive tried every combination of numbers with these though on the safe, but it wont work. Please can you tell me the code ?
[close]
:(

Neil Dnuma

Heh.. it's random...so I can't say
However:
Spoiler
The plant is by the fish...
[close]

ggp

Spoiler
Yep, i know the plant is by the fish, ive read about the plant and looked at the plant etc, but can't find a number in any of the text. Have also tried all combinations with the numbers ive found on the safe panel, but it wont work.
[close]

Potch

I can't figure out the safe either.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Potch

I finally got it, but I had to start the game over to do so.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Neil Dnuma

Quote from: ggp on Thu 27/01/2005 16:02:07
Spoiler
Yep, i know the plant is by the fish, ive read about the plant and looked at the plant etc, but can't find a number in any of the text. Have also tried all combinations with the numbers ive found on the safe panel, but it wont work.
[close]

Spoiler
Alright, but since it's about the animals, you must forget the plant and read about the fish instead. And you don't have to put the numbers in every possible order, just follow the order of the notes.
[close]

Potch:
Hmm... that's strange... I checked the code generator routine out around 20 times and it worked each time...I'll have another look at the script.

Joyce

The game has crashed on me a few times.

What do you mean the order of the notes? I have also tried every combination of the numbers and can't get safe to open.

Neil Dnuma

Joyce:
Spoiler
The note on the door leads to the first animal. Eg. if it is the kangaroo, the first number is 8. You get get the second destination from there (by interacting the bush) if it's eg. the rat, next digit is 2 and so on... It should work, if not please give me the notes you've got. (these are constructed when you start playting)
[close]

Potch

Neal, if you put in a wrong code at first, then it doesn't accept the right one.  That's why I had to start over.

Neil Dnuma

Oops, you're right.

But if you only restart the panel "off", then "on", it works again! (no need to start over). This panel was Made in Germany in 1983, and gets jammed when getting the wrong code! Hmmm... I'll make this clear, and sorryÃ,  for all possible headaches!

EDIT: There's a new version up now which avoids this completely (you might still be able to complete the game with the first one though, just restart the panel)  ;) Oh, and thanx, Steve  :)

Kweepa

Fabulous game so far.
I love the solidity of the graphics. Great colour choices too.
If you can do this in a month, I can't wait for a full-size game!

Just finished - can't say enough good things about the animations in this game!
Spoiler

I particularly liked the powered fish tank!
[close]
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Joyce

Great game Neil, I finished it, thanks for all your help over in hints and tips too.

mags_don

Great game and wanted to say how original the save,restore etc is on a clothes line..and in pictures to boot..loved it all!! :)

Khris

Absolutely great game, I love it!

I'm stuck at the end:
Spoiler
I have freed all animals but the fishy, I believe the wires and wheel are needed, but I don't know how. Did I miss something?
[close]

Takara

khrismuc: try this
Spoiler
this bit had me stumped for a while too, you need to try using the table.
[close]

Mats Berglinn

I've got a problem in the game:

Spoiler
I have helped the fish and the water rat escaped and opened the gate and I still got to help the koala. How do I get pass the dog? I've opened the hatch and got shovel, hairpin, vaacum-cleaner, key to the red door, steps, code note and scewdriver.
[close]

splat44

Matt Berglinn

Spoiler koala:
Spoiler
Give hair pin to koala and speak with few times and you will know everything.Ã,  Follow those hints and you win the game
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk