Zooreal - January MAGS

Started by Neil Dnuma, Thu 27/01/2005 06:08:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneway

What a great little adventure! I just played it and loved every minute of it.

What i like most is that solutions the player comes up with to solve puzzles give a nice dialog, even when the solution is not effective.
A very original experience playing a kangaroo!

Is freddy a little tribute to 'freddy the fish' adventures?
He's absolutely my fav character:

Carla: "This bush is just uninteresting."
Freddy: "word"

HILARIOUS!
Almost intentionally left blank.

SHE DEVIL

Can somebody give me a hint for getting the fish?? I have everything that I can get and released all of the other animals. Thanks,J.

Oneway

As said by Takara:

Spoiler
Have you tried doing something with the table?
Also, trying to use some objects with freddy will give you a clue what might have to do.
[close]
Almost intentionally left blank.

sergiocornaga

Great game. Great graphics. One thing.

The sign says you get kangaroos in New Zealand. You don't. Doesn't really matter, unless people are playing this game purely for its educational value. Are you?

Neil Dnuma

Oh, please do not play it for education! The kangaroo description is a slightly edited version of something a little boy wrote in school...   :=

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it's very inspiring  :)

Khris

Finished it.

Spoiler
I had totally missed the skateboard up in the tree.
[close]

This was by far one of the best games I've come to play here.
Keep it up and please do a full game!

GarageGothic

This is certainly the best and most professional looking MAGS games I've ever played.  I was astonished by the amount of beautiful animation.

A few things about the gameplay though:
Spoiler
I got stuck several times and had to peek in the .exe file for hints. I had also totally missed the skateboard - maybe a slightly different color would help. And it wasn't very obvious that you could interact with the table. For a long time I was trying to puncture the ball, put the fish and water inside and re-seal it with the chewing gum :). Also, why couldn't you just carry the fish in the koala's water dish?
[close]

But overall, a truly enjoyable game.

abibliophobe

You mean there's a skateboard in the tree?
I was trying to use the vacuum cleaner because I figured you would need something with wheels.

I also noticed the New Zealand/kangaroo thing!

All in all, excellent game! I want a sequel!

Queen Kara

Loving it but the keypad puzzle is killer.
I know it's probably a short game , but it'd be nice if there could be a "skip puzzle" option or an alternative puzzle for those like me who hate "guess the number" puzzles.
I know people kept stating to keep in mind the order of the notes and the cages , ect. but I'm like "what numbers? I don't see any numbers!" next to the cages or in the notes themselves...also just giving us "well 8 is the kangaroo and 1 is whatever's cage..." is not as helpful as one might think.
Please and thank you.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Neil Dnuma

Queen Kara
Spoiler
The numbers are in the signs descripting the animals. Hence the "I wish you would learn more about the animals" in the last note.
[close]
Thanks for playing! :)

lakerz

Definitely a great game with a nice mix of puzzles both easy and not so easy!  I'm glad to have played it.  :=

Queen Kara

I think I forgot to mention , but the other day when I was playing it , I _did_ eventually get the darn gate open and stuff.
A little annoying in parts but great game overall.
Bravo.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Abisso

I played your game yesterday, and I found it amusing!

Your graphics and animations are very nice, and very funny too.
Great game concept and very good realisation.
The puzzles are easy but not too much, and, anyway, the most part of them is very original.

You should do a sequel, I assure you.

P.S. There are some bugs too, but nothing too serious.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

ukstern

What a lovely game!

I didn't have any problems with the number puzzle, only got stumped at the last hurdle with the skateboard saga. I was doing the same thing as GarageGothic with the ball and the chewing gum, but I like the fact that the difficulty rating of the puzzles varies as it's nice to have subtle clues which make you think rather than the solution being immediately obvious.

Really nice animation and playing as a kangaroo was a thoroughly original (and strangely enjoyable!) idea.

I'd definitely recommend playing this game - only downside is that I wish it was longer!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk