Manga draw - cowgirl (colored)

Started by Theme, Sat 15/10/2005 02:47:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Theme

please c&c

I'm a beginner in manga draw so if anyone could give me any tips I'll be apreciated

o/

Gregjazz

Pretty good!

I dunno if it's just the style, but it seems like her face is just a bit too tall... the hat is very good, but it seems like it's not "cowgirl" enough?

The feet could use a little more work.

Overall very nice. You're talented!

Nikolas

The bottom half is naced?

The only thing I have to say is that her feet look like she's on the tip of her toes. Other than that very good, very good indeed.

You should colour it and bring it back here for critique...

Ghost

the hat should be bigger, and, basic tip, put the hips forward a bit, so that shoulders and hips form a curve pointing left. but still, nice work. for the outfit you could try (ach, mein englisch schon wieder...) these leather caps that are worn over jeans? dang. well, at least give her trousers!

esper

I seemed to notice the nakedness of the bottom half as well. And the elongatedness of the head. The only problem I see that hasn't been mentioned is the way the head sits on the neck, and also the fact that for this style of manga the head should be a little wider as well as shorter, and set further to the left. Other than that, this is, like everyone has been saying, really good.

Oh, and if she's going to be naked from the waist down, you could have at least put a tentacle or two in the pic (jk) Ã, :=
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Floskfinger

the legs (below the knees) are a bit too long and thick in my opinion.
Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

Theme

thanks for the comments
I changed the face a little and the position of the head, made the half bottom part, put boots and made the legs a bit shorter

now I came up with these 2 versions

this one

and a slim one with the body more near the head

witch is seens better? and more c&c please

o/

LGM

You gave her a bottom! How dare you! :-p

She looks better, but what is up with her left hand?
You. Me. Denny's.

Corey

her hand was already messed up in the 1st version but good that you noticed because i didnt  :)
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Tuomas

She kind of looks like an arrogant street hooker... stretching out her hand to get some money in exchange for pleasure... ehm...  What I meant to say, you might still make her head more round, basically that's all. And the feet still seem a bit strange, like monkey paws

Haddas

That hand would be cool if it was a robot arm.

Stefano

A picture with some quick edits: CLICK.
1st frame: original;
2nd frame: postural corrections... as it is, looks like she's going to fall any minute.
3rd frame: I think your picture would look even better if her neck'd be a little thinner and she was doing a pin-up pose thing.

Couldn't see the arrogant hooker thing... she's too happy.  ;)
I don't think the stockings go well with the rest of the picture, though. I'd loose the bra thing too.

Trying to make my first AGS game.

Theme

thanks for all the comments and the paint, stefano

I'm really bad at anatomy  :-\

Ill try to colour now

o/

Theme

I'm posting the colored version

c&c are welcome

o/

auhsor

Looks nice. I think the only thing that really bothers me is that her left foor needs to turn a bit more. Either that or the heel of her left foot needs to be made smaller.

Akumayo

like ausor said, shrink up the left foot a tiny bit, I also think a few dangling leather strands on her top would look nice...  It's a really beautiful sprite, way better than I could do.
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Kinoko

I do this to be kind, okay? I promise you if I didn't think the drawing was that great, I'd say, "Wow, pretty good!" and leave it at that. Because you obviously have talent, I want to encourage you to improve. :)

Like people have said, the feet aren't right. Firstly, they shouldn't be facing the same direction. Stand up, get comfortable, and look at your feet. Often drawing them at roughly a 40 degree angle to each other. In a 45 degree angle picture like that, I would leave the right foot and put the left foot in a direction more or less facing "us".

The feet aren't sitting right. They're tilted down too much. She's either standing tippy toes or her feet are flat, but what you have is a little inbetween. Try to make them flatter (ie. put the toes up)

The pants... obviously, they're supposed to be short. They don't have to be cutting off the circulation in her... *ahem*. Trust me, even on the tightest of jeans, there's a little 'give' between the legs so I'd suggest just putting a little er, bit of extra material in there. Also, the zip area should have a few wrinkles across it. A fat tummy will fill that part in nicely but she's got a pretty darn flat stomach so  it would look a little more natural if you made the material look a tad .. well, not looser, but it should at least have some "taught" lines.

This is something EVERYONE has trouble with at some point, it was always one of my biggest problems. The hand on the hip. It's tempting to draw it like that because we know it's curved but put your hand on your hip and you'll notice how unnatural it is to have the hand raised and curved like that. It's also hard to keep the pinky sticking out like that. The arm also looks rather unnatural. Take care with tapering the arm too much at the wrist, and where the wrist seemingly joins onto the hand. One of the best techniues I ever learned was not drawing the elbow like a straight corner. One side of the elbox is strait, the other side has more of a curve. Best to just look at other drawings to get a sense of how this works.

The left arm... the upper portion is too long. Compare the length from the shoulder to the elbow in both arms. It's extremely, EXTREMELY difficult to draw the arm/hand in that position. Again, my best advice is to straiht out copy professional pictures that use that pose to get a good sense for how to use it.

The face shape is okay. Obviously there's no rule on how the face shape should be, it depends on your style. For such a 'flat' shape like that though, the facial features shouldn't be quite so rounded. Notice how you can't make out the cheeks or shape of the nose? Even if you do't draw those things (I don't), it's good to organise the prominant facial features in such a way as we can see they fit in with the actual shape of the face. Try to keep the eyes level, for example, and the nose in the centre of the fae, and the mouth right (in the context of the character, obviously not physically on the picture).

The hat ... is perfect, really. You didn't fall into the trap of not giving it enough shape. It's very nice. I'm also most impressed with the legs. Fantastic shape! You put the navel in the right place, as well.

Another thing I would recommend you think of is making the pose a little more naural, or dynamic (either way). Those inbetween poses are so tempting and of course, are great when you're learning how to get the body shape right. For an actual picture though, it always ends up looking a tad awkward.

(I hate the G-string, but that's me. I don't find G-strings sticking out of pants attractive at all).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot the mention, your colouring is great!

Tuomas

Just took a while on her and figured that her right arm is too short. Do as Kinoko said, try it out with yourself and do it in front of a mirror, you'll see. Too short but not much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk