Stargate Adventure v1.21 - NEW, added Spanish translation !

Started by Sektor 13, Sat 29/10/2005 14:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sektor 13

Version Update to v1.1 - see the first post & no still no gramma fix ! :(

splat44

Hi Sektor 13,

Thank you for the update.

I am downloading version 1.1 and will comment here if I find problems

Regards

Gilbert

It's quite confusing that both versions are having the same filename!

ggp

Just finished you game, and thought it was very good, although with just a few alterations, it could go from very good to great.
Nothing that other people haven't said; mainly the grammer could do with being changed, although it isn't 'that' bad, so maybe just keep in mind for future games that it's best to get someone to work ont he grammer before you release the game.
Other than that i thought the plot was good, puzzles quite easy, but different from the standard, so more interessting than most games.
Im looking forward to your next game, you've really got great gaming potential, and you should be very proud of all the work you put into this one. :)

Mr Flibble

I had to highlight the text in wordpad to make it readable.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Sektor 13

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Thu 03/11/2005 05:31:16
It's quite confusing that both versions are having the same filename!

Yes, because on some pages  posted permanent link, so I renamed v 1.1 to the same name and replace the older one on the server, so that the link will always work.... I don't think this will couse problems..

GGP

P.S I never did get to read the manual - it was opened in windows 98, but apart from the pictures, remained blank with no text.

Barbarian

Quote from: GGP on Thu 03/11/2005 15:41:59
P.S I never did get to read the manual - it was opened in windows 98, but apart from the pictures, remained blank with no text.

Yes, same problem here, as it appears it was somehow saved as white text on a white background... But, the text is there, you just need to select/highlight the whole document, then you can change the text-color to a darker color to fix.

Sektor 13:  Congrats on the release of your game. Excellet job from what I've seen so far. I haven't had a chance to play through it too much yet, but when I get a chance, I'll spend more time with it and perhaps post some more comments about it.
   Keep up the good work.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Sektor 13

Strange about the manual, it works fine for me... I will try to save it in PDF or something

Sektor 13

PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIMARY DOWNLOAD LINK IS SOMETIMES UNACCESSABLE, so if page is not found, please try later...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Sektor 13

Hey thanks !!

Can I add you link to first post and in medium game section ?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Not to the actual database, please, it's more of an archive-to-go-to-if-the-links-are-broken. It's not my place, so I wouldn't like more than necessary use of bandwidth. But feel free to add it as a mirror here in the thread, just make sure it's the last link (so hopefully people will try the others first).
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

xelanoimis

Finished it! It is very well made. It was lot of fun to play it, while waiting for new episondes in the movie series.
Characters are well constructed, they speak and act like the real ones. I think they do the best job that place the game so close to the movie.
Lot of action also, like one of those important episodes, where many characters get involved. Very dynamic.
Nice music - you got it from the movies (very similar) or writed it for the game?
Great art and puzzles.

SPOILERS
The final was a little too fast - I was expecting do do more to defeat Anubis. I was kinda stuck until I've separated my cristal and I didn't quite understand how he died touched by my cristal.
Also there are many objects that the player don't get to use (maybe because some of them are to be used for different solutions). A lot of false hope for me:) For further games, I would advice to minimize their number. Even for more solution paths, try to give the player only what he needs.

When I didn't managed to separate the cristal, I started to use all that I have on everything else... give the brush to Anubis crossed my mind :) even tried to pay him (had 4 coins left). And I really missed the lantern or the lighter, in the computer dark hole... Also I've blasted the door, and then fixed the cristals that did just some clicks - I was hoping they refered to the shilded door.
SPOILERS END

All together it is a very nice game.
I hope you make more games about SG1 because it's universe is very suitable for adventure games and you seem to get them right.

Sektor 13

Quote from: Rui "Brisby" Pires (a Furry) on Fri 04/11/2005 00:52:58
Not to the actual database, please, it's more of an archive-to-go-to-if-the-links-are-broken. It's not my place, so I wouldn't like more than necessary use of bandwidth. But feel free to add it as a mirror here in the thread, just make sure it's the last link (so hopefully people will try the others first).

Ok thanks, I will add it to the forst post.
Quote from: xelanoimis on Fri 04/11/2005 14:16:49
Finished it! It is very well made. It was lot of fun to play it, while waiting for new episondes in the movie series.
Characters are well constructed, they speak and act like the real ones. I think they do the best job that place the game so close to the movie.
Lot of action also, like one of those important episodes, where many characters get involved. Very dynamic.
Nice music - you got it from the movies (very similar) or writed it for the game?
Great art and puzzles.

SPOILERS
The final was a little too fast - I was expecting do do more to defeat Anubis. I was kinda stuck until I've separated my cristal and I didn't quite understand how he died touched by my cristal.
Also there are many objects that the player don't get to use (maybe because some of them are to be used for different solutions). A lot of false hope for me:) For further games, I would advice to minimize their number. Even for more solution paths, try to give the player only what he needs.

When I didn't managed to separate the cristal, I started to use all that I have on everything else... give the brush to Anubis crossed my mind :) even tried to pay him (had 4 coins left). And I really missed the lantern or the lighter, in the computer dark hole... Also I've blasted the door, and then fixed the cristals that did just some clicks - I was hoping they refered to the shilded door.
SPOILERS END

All together it is a very nice game.
I hope you make more games about SG1 because it's universe is very suitable for adventure games and you seem to get them right.

Yes I know that ther game is short :). About more different solutions, I was trying to make more dynamic game with more different problems and differnet solutions..  ;D

Kweepa

Just finished - great game, thanks!
Some of the puzzles were a bit random, but overall very enjoyable.

For the manual, there are images for the background that don't show up with the version of Word I'm using unless I set it to web layout view. I presume that's why most people can't see it. PDF is probably the way to go if you must have the backgrounds. It's a nice looking manual!

[EDIT] for Sergio: yes, you could save it as html, but then you'd lose the page layout.

Cheers,
Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

sergiocornaga

You could save it as a(n) html file.

ManicMatt

Hey hey hey! Quite often I'll download a game off here, play it once and delete it. but I've kept your game!

Kneller

I downloaded version 1.1 and when I try to play it, it comes up with:

(ACI version 2.70.864)

Error: unable to load plug in 'AGS_FSM.dll'

What should I do?

Sektor 13

Try to download this plugins pack and replace all the file in your Stargate Adventure folder with this one:
http://www.golden-tomb.org/sector/pluginsSGA.zip

I don't know why some peoples get an error with this plugins, i will remove some in the next version, 1.2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk