Stargate Adventure v1.21 - NEW, added Spanish translation !

Started by Sektor 13, Sat 29/10/2005 14:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

tobiaspb

Looks great. But is it possible to run under Linux? I have tried to install the Linux client, but on the same place in the intro I get a "Error: Unable to create local script: Runtime error: unresolved import 'pxDrawSprite'" error message.

Sektor 13

Quote from: Trenidor on Sun 15/01/2006 20:47:25
Alright, this is bugging me...

I can only find 2 metal pieces to put in the engravings, are there more or am I doing things wrong?
There are 3 metal pieces in the game.

Quote from: tobiaspb on Sun 15/01/2006 22:14:06
Looks great. But is it possible to run under Linux? I have tried to install the Linux client, but on the same place in the intro I get a "Error: Unable to create local script: Runtime error: unresolved import 'pxDrawSprite'" error message.

As far as i know, Linux doesn't support PLUGINs, but my game uses them. :(

Fran

Great game!
Im realy glad to finaly play a nice adventure like in the old days (Indiana Jones: Atlantis anyone?)

even though I never watched SG movies or series.

But I have one problem/question
can someone help me what to do after I solved the puzzle in the ruins (where you go down in the hole and rescue your friends) on the planet (Chumar is it?) I sppose you need to put water into the hole, but I cant seem to grab the water with anything I got. A hint would be great :)

Mordalles

search the hints and tips thread here on these forums. there is also a walkthrough posted on the previous page of this thread.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

magintz

How long till version 2 with the spelling and grammar fixes?

I'm a huge stargate fan and the game has really nice graphics and atmosphere, but the spelling and grammar really let it down. Not to sound critical, but I don't want to play this game until it's fixed so I can have the best gamming experience with it.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

SSH

Good stuff, but make them walk a wee bit faster, please!

Sektor 13

Quote from: magintz on Mon 16/01/2006 22:55:45
How long till version 2 with the spelling and grammar fixes?

I'm a huge stargate fan and the game has really nice graphics and atmosphere, but the spelling and grammar really let it down. Not to sound critical, but I don't want to play this game until it's fixed so I can have the best gamming experience with it.
It should be ready in a couple of days.

Quote from: SSH on Tue 17/01/2006 11:30:20
Good stuff, but make them walk a wee bit faster, please!
You can use ESC button to skip character walk.  Maybe they move a bit slow, but it looks more realistic . I will see how hard would be to add walk speed level option.

Iv4n

I'm eager to see the new version too!

Vamp

I just finished the game and i have to say.. awesome job!
i cant wait for a grammar fix and i hope that the person fixing the grammar
is also a stargate fan so that the characters will sound alot like their tv counterparts.

furthermore i found some bugs and i have some suggestions that might enhance the game.

these bugs might spoil the game for some so i used spoiler tags to prevent anyone from seeing a hint or something.

Bug #1 -
Spoiler
after the robot eh clone thingy chases me i lured him into the teleport rings,
after that i pushed him off the cliff and went back into the building, however the Jaffa i killed
earlier was laying right there on the floor again, because of that i could not leave the room  anymore,
i could however still load an older savegame.
i retraced everything i did and the problem lies indeed with the cliff pushing, because the bug only apears after i do that.
[close]

Bug #2 -
Spoiler
using the shill harm crystal while viewing the console panel or while viewing the Engravings will lock up the entire game, no loading is possible.
[close]

Bug #3 -
Spoiler
not really a bug but still neccesary to know, since the grammar fix will change
O'Neall into O'Neill you might want to change the KIA screen, it still says O'Neall there.
[close]

Suggestion #1 -
Spoiler
I was standing on the lava planet with the MALP and it struck me as odd
how it would be so quiet there, maybe adding some sounds of bubbling lava as background
noise would enhance the gaming experience?
[close]

Suggestion #2 -
Spoiler
The ending is kinda short.. i also felt like i missed something, for example
i couldnt find the 3rd metal object so i couldnt open the coffin in the engravings room,
i was kinda hoping Thor would be in stasis there, but the ending said he wasnt there at all.
[close]

Suggestion #3 -
Spoiler
as soon as you leave the 1st planet and come back at SG HQ through
the Stargate you see the Iris open up,
I felt the Iris could use maybe some more frames when opening, it looks kinda strange at the moment.
[close]

I hope that the bugs i found and the suggestions i gave will prove usefull,
i enjoyed your game very much and i hope you will make a sequel :)

CoyoteJack

Hi there. My name's Martin, and I'm the one currently working with the SGA script, proof-reading it for grammatical and spelling errors, and attempting to work in more consistent characterisation. In most cases I'm getting good results with all of this, though in one or two spots this script is going to need more work after it's put in-game. Reason? There aren't any names attached to the lines in the script, except for when one character mentions the other in casual speech, so in several cases I'm making guesses as to who is saying what. It's not hard to deal with when the conversation participants are Jack, Daniel, or Samantha, but I've been working particularly hard to get Teal'c sounding, or, rather, reading, much closer to his TV counterpart (i.e. he almost never uses contractions in speech, so "isn't", "wasn't", "can't", "don't", "won't" and "doesn't" are all out, for one thing).

General Hammond can be a bit of a bitch, too, but at the very least he's easier to write for than Teal'c. :P

I'm hopeful that I've managed to get through this without a screw-up, but the odds are not in my favour when there are so many lines of conversation. You guys and girls can help me catch those errors when the script becomes a part of 1.2.

Speaking of which, I should have this script done within the next twenty four hours.

Sektor 13

Quote from: Vamp on Mon 23/01/2006 18:10:34
I just finished the game and i have to say.. awesome job!
i cant wait for a grammar fix and i hope that the person fixing the grammar
is also a stargate fan so that the characters will sound alot like their tv counterparts.

furthermore i found some bugs and i have some suggestions that might enhance the game.

these bugs might spoil the game for some so i used spoiler tags to prevent anyone from seeing a hint or something.

Bug #1 -
Spoiler
after the robot eh clone thingy chases me i lured him into the teleport rings,
after that i pushed him off the cliff and went back into the building, however the Jaffa i killed
earlier was laying right there on the floor again, because of that i could not leave the room  anymore,
i could however still load an older savegame.
i retraced everything i did and the problem lies indeed with the cliff pushing, because the bug only apears after i do that.
[close]

Bug #2 -
Spoiler
using the shill harm crystal while viewing the console panel or while viewing the Engravings will lock up the entire game, no loading is possible.
[close]

Bug #3 -
Spoiler
not really a bug but still neccesary to know, since the grammar fix will change
O'Neall into O'Neill you might want to change the KIA screen, it still says O'Neall there.
[close]

Suggestion #1 -
Spoiler
I was standing on the lava planet with the MALP and it struck me as odd
how it would be so quiet there, maybe adding some sounds of bubbling lava as background
noise would enhance the gaming experience?
[close]

Suggestion #2 -
Spoiler
The ending is kinda short.. i also felt like i missed something, for example
i couldnt find the 3rd metal object so i couldnt open the coffin in the engravings room,
i was kinda hoping Thor would be in stasis there, but the ending said he wasnt there at all.
[close]

Suggestion #3 -
Spoiler
as soon as you leave the 1st planet and come back at SG HQ through
the Stargate you see the Iris open up,
I felt the Iris could use maybe some more frames when opening, it looks kinda strange at the moment.
[close]

I hope that the bugs i found and the suggestions i gave will prove usefull,
i enjoyed your game very much and i hope you will make a sequel :)

Hi

Thanks you for excellent descriptions of the bugs and improvements. I will try to fix/add  all things you mentioned (except iris animaton :)- as i know that it is poor but i will probably not fix it.). But all others will be fixed.

Quote from: CoyoteJack on Mon 23/01/2006 22:56:29
Hi there. My name's Martin, and I'm the one currently working with the SGA script, proof-reading it for grammatical and spelling errors, and attempting to work in more consistent characterisation. In most cases I'm getting good results with all of this, though in one or two spots this script is going to need more work after it's put in-game. Reason? There aren't any names attached to the lines in the script, except for when one character mentions the other in casual speech, so in several cases I'm making guesses as to who is saying what. It's not hard to deal with when the conversation participants are Jack, Daniel, or Samantha, but I've been working particularly hard to get Teal'c sounding, or, rather, reading, much closer to his TV counterpart (i.e. he almost never uses contractions in speech, so "isn't", "wasn't", "can't", "don't", "won't" and "doesn't" are all out, for one thing).

General Hammond can be a bit of a bitch, too, but at the very least he's easier to write for than Teal'c. :P

I'm hopeful that I've managed to get through this without a screw-up, but the odds are not in my favour when there are so many lines of conversation. You guys and girls can help me catch those errors when the script becomes a part of 1.2.

Speaking of which, I should have this script done within the next twenty four hours.

Hey

No sweat, I will be waiting :).

CoyoteJack

Hey there. Down to the last fifty or so lines now. My singlular concern is that I haven't messed up any of the script variables, since I corrected a few of the inventory item names and things like that. I tried to avoid anything that looked like a graphical variable, and I think it should be OK, but if there is a problem we can go through it and fix those up quick smart. See you on the far side.

CoyoteJack

Just so you crazy kids know, the translation's done, it's finished, it has been put to bed, the case has been closed, rested, and buried in the backyard. I've sent off to Sektor, I hope he likes it, and if not, I can always make some more corrections. With luck on my side, though, it should be coming to an SGA release near you. Peace out.

Frnaz

Woohoo! I will play this... but I think it is wise to wait until I've watched all SG1 episodes first so that the game doesn't spoil anything. I'm on season 5 now so if I watch one episode every day... oh that will take forever! I think I'll try the game anyway.

Sektor 13

Yo

I will release version 1.2beta in a day or two.

Why beta ? Because i had some problems with the translation file, so I am not 100 percent sure that all text lines are tottaly translated. We shall see :)

Sektor 13

Ok, i have completed my work on version 1.2, I only need to upload it to server, but i am waiting for my username and pass to FTP.

I hope it will be soon..

BTW first page is updated -> go and see what is fixed in 1.2 (beta !??).

CoyoteJack

Just looking at the updated front page. 1.2b, here we come. Also, looking at the list of changes for 1.2b, shouldn't that death screen be O'Neall to O'Neill, not vice-versa? :P

Sektor 13

yes:) as it says:
Fixed death screen that says Jack O'Neill, not O'Neall.

a could change it to:
Fixed death screen that now says Jack O'Neill, not O'Neall ... a bit more understandable :)

Helli78

hi,

when you need a public server, you can use these webhoster:

www.rapidshare.de
http://www.mytempdir.com/
http://www.upload2.net/

Sektor 13

Quote from: DeepHitz on Fri 27/01/2006 14:37:58
hi,

when you need a public server, you can use these webhoster:

www.rapidshare.de
http://www.mytempdir.com/
http://www.upload2.net/

Thanks.

-----------

So temporary download link is here (as the upload limit was 40mb i had to split my file to two pieces):

dl part 1 (30 mb): http://www.mytempdir.com/412808
dl part 2 (18 mb): http://www.mytempdir.com/412844

---------- :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk