Stargate Adventure v1.21 - NEW, added Spanish translation !

Started by Sektor 13, Sat 29/10/2005 14:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanguinous Rex

I have to say while I love Stargate, and was very excited to play Stargate Adventures, the adventure, so to speak, left me wanting.  If I were to offer some positive advice, I would say that increasing the length of the game (adding one or even two more planets before reaching the fire planet) would be a good starting point.  When I ran into Anubis and defeated him, I was left with a "Huh?  Izzat it?" inner dialogue with myself.  This game can be so much more.

One minor complaint - there were a lot of objects that seemed to have little or even no use.  Are there multiple ways of doing things in this adventure?  The reason I ask is I found many things pointless... the statue, the Chulak fruits, the Chulak birdcage, the red crystal, etc. and I still beat Anubis.

Finally, the victory over Anubis I think needs a little work - if Anubis hits YOU with the power of THREE Crystals and it doesn't kill you, how come you can absorb the power of ONE Crystal, and defeat the Goa'uld Lord?

I hope you don't consider this knit-picking, I am a big Stargate fan, and I would love to see more "Stargate Adventures."

If you ever have need of a writer, let me know, I could come up with some seriously good stuff *grin*

Take care!

SSH

S. Rex, I think you need to put [hi de] around you spoilers!

Sektor 13

Quote from: Sanguinous Rex on Mon 06/02/2006 06:04:26
I have to say while I love Stargate, and was very excited to play Stargate Adventures, the adventure, so to speak, left me wanting.  If I were to offer some positive advice, I would say that increasing the length of the game (adding one or even two more planets before reaching the fire planet) would be a good starting point.  When I ran into Anubis and defeated him, I was left with a "Huh?  Izzat it?" inner dialogue with myself.  This game can be so much more.

One minor complaint - there were a lot of objects that seemed to have little or even no use.  Are there multiple ways of doing things in this adventure?  The reason I ask is I found many things pointless... the statue, the Chulak fruits, the Chulak birdcage, the red crystal, etc. and I still beat Anubis.

Finally, the victory over Anubis I think needs a little work - if Anubis hits YOU with the power of THREE Crystals and it doesn't kill you, how come you can absorb the power of ONE Crystal, and defeat the Goa'uld Lord?

I hope you don't consider this knit-picking, I am a big Stargate fan, and I would love to see more "Stargate Adventures."

If you ever have need of a writer, let me know, I could come up with some seriously good stuff *grin*

Take care!

Hi

Well I agree that the game is too short, but after all, i was working almost alone and it took me very long .
Some object in the game are useless, but not all you have listed.
Spoiler
Like red crystal or chulak birdcage - you can use them both But as the game has FEW different solutions to each problem, some objects cannot be used. You can use birdcage to trap a bird (you must fill the hole with water below the cage so that mud stops the fall and cage doesn't break. You can sell the cage for some money...
[close]

As for the power of crystals, it is all explained to you by the Asgard, their crystal is more powerfull as they made only one (you have that one).

Thanks for your comments, the sure are welcome. I agree that many aspects of the game could be much better, but in the end, if you spent a half of a year on a game, you loose your interests and the final product is always worst that you would expected. But i still think it should be a good game.

As for now, the version 1.21 is final, i don't expect any more releases, only translation file, which will be "upgraded" for even better grammar.

Sanguinous Rex

Quote from: Sektor 13 on Mon 06/02/2006 14:29:05
Quote from: Sanguinous Rex on Mon 06/02/2006 06:04:26

Take care!

Hi

Well I agree that the game is too short, but after all, i was working almost alone and it took me very long .
Some object in the game are useless, but not all you have listed.
Spoiler
Like red crystal or chulak birdcage - you can use them both But as the game has FEW different solutions to each problem, some objects cannot be used. You can use birdcage to trap a bird (you must fill the hole with water below the cage so that mud stops the fall and cage doesn't break. You can sell the cage for some money...
[close]

As for the power of crystals, it is all explained to you by the Asgard, their crystal is more powerfull as they made only one (you have that one).

Thanks for your comments, the sure are welcome. I agree that many aspects of the game could be much better, but in the end, if you spent a half of a year on a game, you loose your interests and the final product is always worst that you would expected. But i still think it should be a good game.

As for now, the version 1.21 is final, i don't expect any more releases, only translation file, which will be "upgraded" for even better grammar.

I totally understand... as I said I'm a big fan of Stargate, and if it helps, I haven't played through an entire Adventure Game in a long time.  Playing Stargate Adventures has "whet my appetite" so to speak for Adventure games, and I'm starting to play some of these wonderful AGS games.

Half a year?  Wow!  Anyway, I loved the effort - my favorite feature I think was the radio, I loved the ability to call up team mates to communicate with them.

Das Plans

Hey Sektor!

Finally I got to play your game. And what can I say? Certainly nothing, that hasn't been said in this forum. It's great. Really great. Graphics, gameplay, puzzles, dialogues, story, sounds, atmosphere ... everything is just perfect.

Just wanted to say that.  :D

Sektor 13

Reico

Hi Sektor13, how can I create new translation file (Czech) for Stargate Advanture????? Where I can download default TXT file with strings???

Afflict

Wow just finished the game, couldnt believe it ended so soon. I liked the way some of the puzzles were contructed very creative Sektor13. Quite impressed with that the crystals were interesting too.
Good one, keep it up your next release looks very promising too!

Sektor 13

Quote from: Reico on Sat 25/02/2006 20:26:59
Hi Sektor13, how can I create new translation file (Czech) for Stargate Advanture????? Where I can download default TXT file with strings???

Here is the translation file:
http://freeweb.siol.net/zagar413/KZ/SGAenglish.txt

Quote from: LJUBI on Sat 25/02/2006 21:03:00
Sektor did you saw  THIS ?

Hey, thanks, but i already know about it, they did it when the version 1.21 came out.
Actually the primary download link in the games section is from this page.

Reico

THX Sektor and can I make .TRA file without source of the game??? AGS reporting to me this warning: The translation has been generated as \\****.tra, but there do not appear to be any translated lines in it. The current translation will have no effect.

Sektor 13

As far as I know, you cannot make TRA file if you don't have the source...

By the way, you must put translated lines below the original line, you must not overwrite original speech.

Reico

OK thx and would you have willing send me source???....or you will compile the translation and mail me the czech *.tra???

Sektor 13

Well the source is pretty big, it would be best if you send me the TXT and i will transform it to TRA and send it back to <ou.

NoX

well..it took me about 15 min to finish the game...it would really be good if it was a bit longer and the puzzles are too easy...maybe you could do a sequel..stargate adventure 2 or something that would continue the story with a bit harder puzzles...besides that the game is great..reminds me of Indiana Jones The Fate Of Atlantis..that was one great game

Sektor 13

15 minutes !? Really ? Did you played it for the first time !?

I don't know about the Stargate Adventure 2, maybe in a distant future.

ildu

Quote from: NoX on Thu 02/03/2006 11:02:21it took me about 15 min to finish the game

I really doubt it. Walking around to the right places alone constitutes more than 15 minutes. It could probably be possible, if you skipped all cutscenes, dialogs and used some kind of scene teleportation device :).

Afflict

Hehe let me time this quickly... I am going to play for 15 minutes skip everything possible and well ....

Edit

Well sorry to dissapoint you guys but I have managed to NOT finish the game in 15 minutes.

I have only made it to the this place in 15 minutes....

And guess what thats skipping everything including walking! Yes you heard right walking can be skipped!
Just pres escape after selecting your destination and voila you teleport to point of selection.

The sad thing is he wouldnt of solved anything that fast becuase he wouldnt of read anything saw anything etc... This would make it very hard! Gee I didnt even get to the hard puzzles yet.

Sektor 13

Hehe, nice, thaks for proves.
Well maybe he just wanted to say that he finished the game really soon, not acttualy 15 min. hmm i don't know.

Afflict

Respect to the qaulity of the game BTW! Geez its all good!  :=

Some of those effects were kewl!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk