Stargate Adventure v1.21 - NEW, added Spanish translation !

Started by Sektor 13, Sat 29/10/2005 14:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sektor 13

Hehe it would be :D

Are you volunteering !? :)

Saberteeth

Sure, why not. just send via PM or msn the english tra. file

EDIT: Eh, I can't...translate...too...much...work...and...i...am...lazy... ;)

seaduck

Wow a Czech translation!

Even though it is a rather rough one, still I can imagine how much time you must've spend writing it.
Unfortunately without diacrititical marks, it's just not right...

Sektor 13

Well, took a quick look and i think it should work, but i didn't test it as some errors must be fixed, and i must take some time to do it, maybe tommorow.

VcheaterV

Quote from: Sektor 13 on Sun 12/03/2006 18:07:24
Well, took a quick look and i think it should work, but i didn't test it as some errors must be fixed, and i must take some time to do it, maybe tommorow.
how's it going

Sektor 13

I am very sorry, but i still don't have any time, i will try to do it as soon as possible.

UP

Finished the game, great work, as you probably know at this point  :)

I however have one or two things I'm wondering.
Spoiler
It's about objects I never got to use and stuff. Now there might be more, but these I remember (from the end)

First of all, the piece of glass. I couldn't find any use for that.

Then the crystals. I tried to do lots of stuff with them in the panel, but nothing really did anything. I don't think I got them all in so that all the pipes would've been, eh lit. Does that do something, like disable the forcefield, or open the door as an alternative to the c4, or is it just... There...

Oh, and then there was the fruit and the brush. Didn't do anything either...
[close]

Sektor 13

so:
Spoiler
Piece of glass is useless , i was trying to use it for something but i didn't :), so goes for the fruit. Brush was meant to be tottaly useless and it is :). But the crystal can be used to open that big metal door that you blowed with C4.
By the way, you could pick up the tong and piece of bread, both could be used or not, depends on the way you wanted to solve some riddles.
Another thing, ther is secret key in the Stargate Command  (2nd mission), to open "easter egg" with it, just to let you know.
[close]
:=

Sektor 13

Ok dokey !

It took me about two hours + a bit more :) to fix the Checz translation to be suitable for the game, and as far as i have tested it, it work fine !!!!

so here it is:
http://freeweb.siol.net/zagar413/KZ/Czech.tra

IF any editing will be made, please change this file:
http://freeweb.siol.net/zagar413/KZ/Czech.txt

What did i change in the original txt:
Some of the sentances were put together (by accident, as the dot was still ther :) )
1 or 2 translation sentances were in wrong order, Czech was first and english second..
I had to delete all blank lines, as there must be no empty line if translation is made !
Added "/" to one of the comment line (it took me a lot of time to figure it out)(possibly accidentaly delete)
I changed the line "press Space to continue" as the Czech translation didn't fit on screen !
I have replaced "grammar" fix lines with Czech translators (and remove them from "story" part, -> well you will see int the game :).

Mikos

Hello,
I am Linux user and I have tried to run Stargate Adventure with Linux port of AGS. If I choose New game in menu, then after titles (with flying Ha'tak spaceship) it crashes with this error message:

Code: ags
Error: Unable to create local script: Runtime error: unresolved import
 'pxDrawSprite'

Do you know where is error and how can I fix it? Or can you fix it? I have AGS version 2.71.894. Every other AGS games I have tried works without problems.

Sektor 13

I think there is a problem with "parallax" plugin. It is needed when stars are flybying in the intro scene. I can remove it and post it without this plugin if you want ?

Mikos

Quote from: Sektor 13 on Mon 27/03/2006 15:19:18
I think there is a problem with "parallax" plugin. It is needed when stars are flybying in the intro scene. I can remove it and post it without this plugin if you want ?

Yes, please post version without it here and I will try it. This parallax plugin is something separate? I am asking because I think that Linux version of AGS have exactly same features as Windows version. Maybe I can send some bug report to Linux port AGS developers then...

Thanks, Mikos

Sektor 13

As far as i know, this is common problem, that AGS game don't run in Linux if they use plugins (custom code)

Sektor 13

here is the link to the "linux" version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12CC1UCG

hope it works...

strazer

Thanks for the effort. I use Linux too and would like to play this game.

Unfortunately, I get a "Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11 - Segmentation fault" crash.
What version of AGS is this new version compiled with?

Btw, without the plugin you wouldn't need to distribute the alleg40.dll file, AFAIK it is only needed by the plugin.

Sektor 13

version is 2.70.601. I can't use newer version because i use old "module" for savegames with screenshots, which doesn't work with latest versions.

I thought that AGS automaticly deletes obsolete modules in games directory !?

And I have no idea whats the story with "alleg40.dll" . I don't use any module with this name.. !?

Hmm must be some connection with your "allegro" error and this alleg40.dll file..

strazer

Found the error: In the setup, the translation was displayed as "English*" where * is a rectangular symbol, probably a special character that cannot be displayed.
Anyway, I chose "English" (without the special character) again from the drop down list, saved, and now it works.
Maybe it has something to do with line breaks in the acsetup.cfg text file. They're different in Windows and Linux. I'll tell the AGS Linux developer to take a look at it.

And as I said, you don't need the alleg40.dll file, it's the allegro library that is used by some plugins. Since you don't use plugins in this version, you don't need this (Windows-only) dll.
And the winsetup.exe is not needed as well. The AGS Linux version provides the setup program.

Thanks again for your efforts. It's appreciated!

Edit:

The game manual is in Microsoft Word-format only and it looks really messed up in both OpenOffice.org and even Office XP. So I've tweaked it a bit, spellchecked it a little and made it into a PDF: http://www.strazer.net/ags/SGAManual.pdf.zip (219kb)

Dingo

:DJust wanted to say that this is well done and was an enjoyment to play, Ã, :Dwanted it to be longer but "sigh" hopefully there will be a second one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk