MIDI that sounds like the oldies?

Started by , Thu 03/11/2005 12:06:41

Previous topic - Next topic

The Suitor

Wyz, I praise you! I've been looking for a simple solution to this for a VERY long time. My heart is still pounding. (laugh)

Seriously, thank you!

Wyz

You're welcome!

I've included the license notes in archive you can download it here (click). I'm not a lawyer so I hope I did that right. ;)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Elvisish

Wow, so far it works amazingly! Just used a simple:

Code: ags

function room_FirstLoad()
{
AdPlug.Load("mi1_scumm_bar.laa");
  AdPlug.Play(true);
}

And it sounds great! I'm going to do some further testing, I DEFINITELY think this should be merged with the main AGS build eventually, it would be invaluable to a huge percent of 90's adventure gamers on the PC that didn't have an mt-32!

Elvisish

I'm trying to get adplug to work in Open Quest, using the OQ as the template for the game and the adplug plugin running in it. For some reason, once I add adplug, when I try to use the
Code: ags
function room_FirstLoad()
{
AdPlug.Load("mi1_scumm_bar.laa");
  AdPlug.Play(true);
}

trick, it just doesn't play anything. Anyone else having these issues?

Dr.Bart Keeple

Quote from: Wyz on Sun 22/06/2014 00:41:02
AGS Adlib Plugin (v1.0)

Good evening,
First, thanks to the user who started this topic and thank you Wyz for this plugin! It's really really awesome...
Can you provide the source of the dll? I would like to make the sustain notes not stop immediately but they resonate when the
playback is interrupted ..., as with the true hardware or under dosbox ...;)

Sorry for my english.
Thanks again!!!;-D

Wyz

Yes, I might as well release it as I'm pretty much done with it. :)

AGSadplug source at GitHub

Be aware that not stopping playback potentially well have the sound resonate indefinitely; that wouldn't be very nice. :D
You can get the same effect btw by setting the tempo to zero just before the song ends. That way you probably do not have to alter the plugin. Otherwise, have a look somewhere around here.

Note: If you do alter the plugin and are planning on releasing it in some form please add a suffix to its name. That way we can prevent potential clashes regarding incompatible plugin behaviour.

I hope that helps you. :)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Dr.Bart Keeple

Oh thank you! It's very nice! It helps me a lot!
In fact, and as you can see,  I have to admit that I don't know much about it,  it's just that I
love these sounds that are like a real time machine ...

You're right of course, we just need to set the tempo to zero before the stop to produce
this effect ...and I'm currently putting up a quick fade for notes that resonates indefinitely...

The sources will be very useful to me, because I intend to try to increase the volume as
much as possible.

God bless you Wiz!  ;-D :cheesy:
I admire people like you ...

For people that may interest, I would like to draw attention to these very cool tools:
(sorry again for my english)

-FMsynth ( a driver that allows to do FM with a MIDI sequencer without the need of tracker, or rather
to make MIDI with sounds of .IBK bank files..., and the true hardware is not required ...,
we just need Dosbox and a real install on disk image of the DOS and win3.1)

-DroTrim (for, among other things, convert DRO v2 to DRO v1 ...)

-DRO2MIDI 1.6 patched by "Malvineous" (Converts the instruments contained in a DRO v1
into .sbi files ...)

-SBTIMBRE (To manage .SBI instrument files and put it in .IBK bank files ...)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk