Test complete thread no longer needed

Started by timlump, Sat 05/11/2005 01:20:55

Previous topic - Next topic

shrff

There aren't too many more level headed people in the AGS community than Brisby.  Take it easy there tinlump, take it easy.

IM NOT TEH SPAM

I'm not sure I understand why you did this.  You preformed some kind of experiment to see if people complain and condemn more than help?  I really don't understand what would compel you to do this--even with the lack of response in your previous game.  This thread, barely making it to two pages (wouldn't even be two if not for this discussion) as opposed to the 4-7 pages of compliments and constructive comments in "completed" and "in production", not to mention all of that going on in the crit's lounge.
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

PyroMonkey

You should be glad people didn't post that Zombie Nation sucked. No criticism is better than bad criticism (Bad meaning non-constructive).

And I know what this is. Pretty much nobody on message boards make 'tests", they just claim to in order to cover up their own failures, mistakes, etc.

And good games are not neccesarily measured by how long they take to make.

On top of that, this is an AMATEUR game designing community. I'm sure I speak for everyone that we do it for the fun. Not to recieve praise, not to become famous. Just for the heck of it.

timlump

Hammerite

Why've you edited all of your posts so that they are full stops?
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

My last say on the subject - this is final proof of a very childish frame of mind. I don't want to flame, I don't want to offend, but I have to call it as I see it. You're so "sure" of your "facts" that you've taken them down and disowned your "game", not even acknowledging what other people have said, this making this a waste of everybody's time maskerading as a gift to the community (which is what every AGS game is)? Jeez, grow up.

EDIT - For people interested: this thread was about a "game which was supposed to stretch the definition of game" (yes, I archived it. I archive them all, it's what I'm supposed to do). See the responses by yourself. Timlump then said this was a "test" - since no one had replied to his "Zombie Nation" game, he said he wanted to see how people reacted to a "bad" game, so as to "prove" that "people complain more than they praise".

Sorry, Timlump, but... no, scratch that. I'm not sorry. Don't back out on your posts, bite the bullet. This is what happened, and in your own view you've proved your point, so why not let it remain for posterity?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk