Garfield: Attack of the mutant lasagna

Started by Kairus, Sat 16/11/2002 01:57:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Kairus

Yes, I know it's been like a year now, but I really am going to finish it one of these days! It's like 95% done, it's only that I've been terribly busy lately, and when I had time I was really tired :(
But I will finish it, really, and then everyone will be able to enjoy a DECENT game about everyone's favorite cat! :)
By now you can just replay the demo, just click on my site's link. ;)
EDIT: Oops, seems that I have no link... ahem... http://syserror.8bit.co.uk/ I think it's that one.
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Ben

Giddeyup!!!!1 I remember playing your Garfield demo a long time ago. I remember it was one of my favorite demos, and it looked very promising, so I'm glad to see it's almost done. Good lick :)

Inquisitor

yeah, it looked very promising.
I remember that you ahad a lot of cool animations, and the graphics looked great.
can't wait to play the finished one.

JD

YESSSSSS!!!!!, Its 95% done!!!!!!!! Woohoo! I have been waiting for this game to be finished for a long time.

Just one question how big is it in Rooms, characters, items etc.. and in file size. Can we switch to use different characters in this one? Or will we have to wait for a sequel for that?

Joseph DiPerla

JD

Can I make a suggestion about the gui? It is a lec style gui, so I dont feel it should just popup at the bottom when you move the mouse there. That was a bit of an annoyance for me.

My suggestions would be to either:

1) Make a verbcoin GUI type with all the functions and when you click on Garfield you get a the inv window on
2) Leave the gui on at all times like in the LEC games and when garfield walks to right above the gui, the room will scroll down so that we dont miss anything we need on that screen.

But, if you want to keep the GUI the way it is, thats fine with me, the game more than makes up for it. It rocks!

JD

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Adamski

Winbags.
I am also really looking forward to this game. :)

wOoDz

someone up there hates me! my stupid computer with xp won't run the demo, just get a black screen, if i feck about with the setting i get 4 red lines and something looking like curtain >:(s! we've got another pc but its got a old vga monitor, so that croaks too!
i'll just have to wait for the full game (or hump monitors about ;)) and chance of a win version??

sounds bloody good tho lol

woodz

Hobbes

*grin* the graphics have a certain garfield-esque style to them, so you did that right. It looks like a fun game to play!

Pet Terry

Hey... finish this already! I downloaded a demo over a year ago and been waiting to play this one :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk