Insomnia

Started by Revan, Wed 23/11/2005 12:30:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Revan

My first game... It's all set in 1st person (Myst style). You play a guy who just can never seem to get a good nights sleep... When he does go to sleep he is constantly viseted by a strange man named Jonny... Things generaly seem normal untill his dreems encroch into the real world and Jonny starts to visit him while he's awake. It's a 'psychological thriller' wannabe game, with twists and turns, telling the story of one man on the edge of sane and insane.
##(My game uses bmp. files and the rules state not to use pics of that type of file, tell me what to do and I'll edit this post)##

Barbarian

Many graphic editor/viewer type of programs allow you to convert picture file formats from one file type (example: "bmp"), into another file type (example: "jpg").

One such Freeware program that would easily allow you to do this is IrfanView: http://www.irfanview.com/
   Simply open up your picture file with Irfanview, then choose "Save As..." from the menu, and you should then have an option to select and choose the file into a different format.

And though perhaps not absolutely required, you might also consider giving us a little idea of your progress on the game thus far (such as an approximate percentage completed of: graphics, puzzles, scripting, music/sound, and overall progress).

Okay, now go and get your screen-shots up quick before some bad-ass dude comes along and puts the *Smack-Down* on you!  ;)

Good luck with your game.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Ubel

Quote from: Mulle The Striker on Wed 23/11/2005 13:15:14
Please read the FORUM RULES!!!
You must put some screenshots in this forum.
How should we know that you 're really working on an adventure game?

He has stated a reason why he didn't include the screenshots. Now that Barbarian linked the IrfanView program to him, he will surely edit his post and include the screenshots. Also one rule states: "Do not pretend to be a moderator"

Revan: This game really sounds very interesting, and I'd like to see more. Waiting for you to post some screenies. :)

Darth Mandarb

You should have waited to start this thread until you had the screenshots available.

If/When you do have them ready, send me a PM (including the screenshots) and I'll unlock this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk