BACKGROUND BLITZ 20051130-20051213

Started by Andail, Wed 30/11/2005 19:33:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugs

Short and simple:

8) Best idea: Floskfinger (Original, and not too crazy.)

:D Best Design: Rel (Nice!)

:P Best Functionality: Darth (I could imagine this in a game.)

;) Best Technique: Neil Dnuma (It's a sharp, and clean technique.)
Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

Andail

Here are the results:

Best idea: Steve McCrea
Best design: Rel
Best functionality: Floskfinger
Best Technique: Rel

And the winner of this round of Background Blitz: Rel

* fanfare *

Thank you so much for all your contributions, this was a lovely blitz, you all did a great job!

Rel

Since I wrote out these comments before realising that voting had ended, I figure I may as well still post them. There were so many inventive and high quality entries, and it's great to see such a large number of participants.

Idea: SteveMcCrea â€" I loved the word play, and enjoyed your very creative take on the theme. There are so many movies that deal with futuristic, human apocalypses that I'd forgotten the world was already post-apocalyptic.

Design: Neutron â€" it immediately made me feel like I was playing an 'infiltrate the war camp' game. The colours really contribute to the mood. (As a side note, your pixel skills are insanely good).

Functionality: Floskfinger â€" great choice of object sizes and layout. I know it's an ironic thing to say, but your image had a real 'human scale' to it ;)

Technique: Neil Dnuma â€" your art style is charming and vibrant, and the idea is expressed so clearly. I can imagine coming down a hill in a game to find this amusing scene.

---

Steve: My art website's been down for over a year unfortunately. If you like I can PM you when I get my act together & upload it (which will hopefully be before I restart uni).

Thanks for the comments everyone (and to Andail for the interesting topic). I'll make sure I post a new comp soon.

Czar

I believe that this proves that we all have a thing for the post-apocalyptic.
We adventure gamers, we.
:)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Pessi

Amazing overall quality, stunning entries. Everyone's become an artist, and it rocks!

:o

scourge

congrats Rel, your entry rocked! Congrats for everyone entering, you are all worthy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk