Fixin' up the nose

Started by Babar, Tue 29/11/2005 13:09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

I was bored on this PC with nothing but Paint, so I started this up, and really liked how it was going. However, when I got to the face, I had a problem. I don't know how I can define the nose properly. Can it be defined at all?
I saved it as 256 colours by mistake, so the colour scheme may look a bit odd:
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/winner.bmp

Other crits are of course, welcome. I realise I probably made a lot of shadow, anatomy errors. It was just a 15 minute piece of fun.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Phemar

In my opinion it's a good piece of art, but the thing that bugs me is his chin ... try making it smaller. I also think that the arm that's waving is a wee bit too long!

ThreeOhFour

I Didn't fix the chin, but had a go at a paintover just on a couple of things that I thought could be changed:

-Made the nose defined by adding form rather than just shadow.
-Altered the eyes to look a tad more natural.
-Made him smile a bit more (hey, he's a winner!) and made the teeth look a tad more natural.
- Couple of other minor adjustments.

I realise my edit isn't the best, but I didn't want to spend half an hour on something that you spent 15 minutes on ;).

Babar

www.2dadventure.com/ags/winner22.bmp
Is this better? I reduced the length of the arm, (attempted to) fix his teeth and eyebrows, etc. I also fixed up his chin. Are you sure it's better? I think I liked the messed up one more.
Ben, although your nose obviously looks better, I actually WANTED to use just shadow instead of adding greater detail to it. Thus I needed (and still need) help on that.

EDIT: I think I messed up the shoes. Ignore them if possible. Or imagine that the brown stuff is not there
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ubel

Here's my... umm... color-over :P I'm not very good with shading, and I think your character looks very fine. Don't see anything wrong with his nose. I just didn't like the colors. They were so bright. Maybe I made them too dark though... hmm...

Mugs

Unless your character already looked that way and it's the 256 colors that screwed it up, I would go for Pablo's "color-over", it makes the charatcer look smooth and clean.
Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

lo_res_man

could someone tell me what was "wrong" with the chin? ???his neck shadow,yes, his hand, yes( is the hand meant to look like a cardbourd cutout?) but pablo screwd around with the chin to (in my view) no improvment the charactor had MUCH more life before. :'(
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

scourge

i don't know about the chin, but his cup should be blue  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk