December MAGS

Started by Klaus, Thu 01/12/2005 12:04:19

Previous topic - Next topic

woodz

i'm out.. with only 9 days and very little computer time i'll never get it done as a MAGS.. i'll do it as a short game instead  ;D
good luck to everyone who enters ;)

whats with the mags site Klaus? its doing some weird refreshing sh*t on the "this months" page?

Klaus

Quote from: Paranoia. on Thu 15/12/2005 13:59:29
whats with the mags site Klaus? its doing some weird refreshing sh*t on the "this months" page?
Ouch, many thanks for this information! I added a short script there months ago in March but noone seemed to have problems so far - at least noone reported :( After a short look on it I saw the code actually was buggy, but now it should run fine for everyone. Sorry for the incommodities and thanks again.

woodz

glad to help m8! ;D
i've had a look there before and never noticed... but this time the speakers where on quite loud so i could hear it..

lo_res_man

I would like to say that officialy i am droopping out oof thiis most worthy contest. why? me mum too k awayt me computer and i have no  idea when iam  getting it back. hope soon, butt ill never be able to finesh NOW. so sad bye
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Arcangel

Until hour of the 24 of December to post the game link. :-\
I have not even finished the dialog

Bernie

Looks like my entry is going to make it in time. Here's a screenshot:

Only the ending and a few more hotspot descriptions left to do. :3

Mordalles

hey, bernie, that looks awesome. i love the clouds in the background!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Erenan

Except for sound and music, I have completed my game. It makes very little sense, and the puzzles (the very few of them) have proven problematic for my testers. Otherwise, I think it's pretty good. I'll post it sometime tomorrow, whether I add sound and music or not.

Bernie, that looks great!
The Bunker

Arcangel

I also finish and I do not believe that  uses music or sound. I asks the game must be in english, because i finishes it in Spanish I must seat to translate. to have to translate upload early the Saturday.  ;D

Arcangel

Here's a screenshot and the Link.

This it is my first game and he is very, very, very simple. ;D The game have English Translation and Default in Spanish.

The download link:

http://www.thegroupsite.org/Downloads/Elfo-RescueCraby.zip

Klaus

Ah, the first enty is here. Great. For all others who want to enter: Don't forget the deadline! The voting will start in about 20 hours from now (see timestamp of this posting).

Erenan

Miserere presents...

Elf Motors Inc.

Okay, I'm not entirely happy with how the game turned out, but I guess it's not really all that bad.

I apologize for all the noise filters. It's ugly, and I'm not sure why I did it. :P

Game page: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=660
Download: http://www.geocities.com/myrrwyn/elfmotorsincall.zip
The Bunker

Bernie

Quotehey, bernie, that looks awesome. i love the clouds in the background!

QuoteBernie, that looks great!

Thanks, Mordalles and Erenan! :3

Here's my game:
Cedric and the Revolution (http://www.origamihero.com/files/advgame.zip)

It's not very polished and lacks some dialogue and sound effects because I ran out of time. Oh well, have fun playing!Ã,  :=

Screenshot:

Wretched

Bernie,
A lovely well crafted game so far, but get a crash when I talk to Louise at castle. No frame 20 in loop 0?

Bartimaeus

Just wanted to say that I've played them all (Not finished but played) and they're all really great games. Well done to all of you for entering.
;D

Oh yeah and Bernie, I'm stuckz0rrzed!
When you have to get Louise's hat:
Spoiler

I've put the net up over the hole and got Viktor to stand in front of the passage, but the hat just floats up when I throw the ball at it and I don't see how I can block the top...
And I can't figure out how to light the coffee machine candle either.
[close]

;) Bart
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Bernie

Bartimeaeus:

Spoiler
Hint 1: If you could make the net sticky somehow, you'll get closer to your goal. Hint 2: Something in Victor's house will help.
[close]

Wretched: Thanks! I'll try to fix that.

Bartimaeus

With regards to Hint 2:
Spoiler

I have noticed Viktor's fire but... what to light!  :D
[close]

EDIT: *Bart grins naughtily* Hehe sorry for hijacking the thread  ::)
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Bernie

Spoiler
It's not the fire, it's an item you can find in his house. Btw, PM me or post in http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=24149.0 if you have more questions. It's probably not so good if we keep doing this in the MAGS thread. ;)
[close]

Wretched: I couldn't get the game to crash... however, I had no frame in loop 0 of view 20, maybe that was the problem.

Klaus

The deadline is reached and I guess Santa won't deliver any more games. Thanks to the game creators for these nice x-mas gifts. Now let's start the voting:

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Elfo - Rescue Craby by Arcangel
Elf Motors Inc. by Erenan
Cedric and the Revolution by Bernie

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Klaus

So we had a really long time for counting all your votes now and compared to other competitions a lot of you made a choice... Actually it's a very clear result in the end:

The winning story features an elve. Oh that's not much of a hint as it was this month's topic. Now what else can we say!? The winner is not Apprentice, it is

Cedric and the Revolution by Bernie

Congratulations to Bernie and also many thanks to Arcangel and Erenan for their nice games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk