FLE classes - non adventure

Started by passer-by, Sun 25/09/2005 01:33:32

Previous topic - Next topic

passer-by

FLE classes

Not exactly an adventure game, it's more like a revision tool for beginners' french ...

Most of the graphics and loops will be "recycled" from my archives, so this game should be completed fairly quickly , to catch up with classes.

Story: 90%
Graphics: 75 %
Scripting: -55 %Ã,  :PÃ, 
(can't solve the controlled translation problem - I'm thinking of using something like "French word= english word" in the translation to get rid of it)
Sound: ....no idea. I'm not thinking of music but word pronounciation. I may ask for native speakers in the help thread when (if) I finish this...

In game screenshots:

Mordalles

tre bien! thats a good idea. i owuld like to play this since i want to learn french. have this beginner's book, what haven't gotten very far. a game will make it much more fun!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

passer-by

Quote from: Mordalles on Sun 25/09/2005 21:12:55
tre bien! thats a good idea. i owuld like to play this since i want to learn french. have this beginner's book, what haven't gotten very far. a game will make it much more fun!

I hope so...It's mainly vocabulary oriented. But it won't help unless you study a lot!! :P :P
Do you think I should distribute an excel file for the test or somehow include a "page" room in the game at the end of each level? I still haven't decided on that.

Mordalles

yeah, that is a good idea. i think you should do that.

passer-by

Quote from: Mordalles on Mon 26/09/2005 22:35:22
yeah, that is a good idea. i think you should do that.

The excel file or the game room?
(The lazy cp wants the excel, the bored cp votes for game room.)

Mordalles

well, since i dont have excel, i would vote game room.  ;D

passer-by

Production update:
5 Dec 05

Working on puzzles and words.

Production update:
20 Nov 05

Almost done with word lists and grammar points. Still working on bg.

Quote from: Mordalles on Tue 27/09/2005 22:10:48
well, since i dont have excel, i would vote game room.Ã,  ;D

...which needs more codes... :-\

Anyway,
Production update:
I have done some more backgrounds, I still haven't finished the basic word and grammar list which I absolutely need before I finish painting and I startedÃ,  scripting the first room and trying the translated version...

Production update:
2 Oct 05

Stuck in scripts and moving to another house at the same time...No time for painting or scripting...I hope the new house will be inspiring...<sigh>

Production update:
18 Oct 05

Just painting....

Production update:
12 Nov 05

Game half asleep, but yes, still in production...

passer-by

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I'm almost done with FLE I.

Production update:
10 Dec 05

Part I is almost ready, since I don't have voices or music, consider it as 85%.Ã, 
Part II will be a couple of rooms, either separate or compiled in this part, but I don't know yet... :-\Ã,  I may add it later in the school year, or not add it at all...
Part I is quite playable without part II, anyway...

Check here
how it's going to function.
Proofreaders are especially welcome!

MrColossal

There's no reason to apologize for almost finishing your game, this forum is ment for you to tell us all how things are going!

So hooray for you!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

eurobuskers

maybe I can help, I'm Irish but I've been living in France for the last 11 years.
donc il n y a pas des lezards! ;D

passer-by

Update May 17, 2006

FLE classes's been asleep for a long time now, I guess I'd better start working on it, or at least finish part I.

Quote from: eurobuskers on Wed 14/12/2005 11:24:17
maybe I can help, I'm Irish but I've been living in France for the last 11 years.

Thanks.
Just PM if there's a word that seems anything but french in FLE(actual or final version).

passer-by

UPDATE:
Total make-over of the game, which is "down for maintainance"

(nice way to say it's dead   untill I find some good free stock photos for backgrounds)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk