Kludden - the shadow prophet (RPG)

Started by scourge, Sat 03/12/2005 23:02:28

Previous topic - Next topic

scourge

I have decided to add my AGS game here. Its an RPG. It attempts, like some other's to use AGS not only for an adventure game. :)

A quick story outline:
The world of Kea is by no means peaceful. On its southern point Kludden is divided by two neigbouring countries Mar and Ilk. War here have been raging for more than hundred years, but for the moment a peace treaty keeps the two countries isolated from each other. But a new danger is rising from the shadows ....

Hark is a young warrior, find out how his destiny is linked to that of Kludden ...

idea:
I love RPGs almost more than adventure games. I always wanted to make a big RPG of multiple hour playÃ,  :) It's an attempt and i wish to succeed in completing it.

progress:
So far i have:
* completed 15% i guess (but i'm a fast worker so it'll change quickly)
* functionality: inventory,movement,saving/loading,conversation,shops,inn,battle system,upgrade ... complete AGS-RPG engine.
* written a big BIG story
* music: 2 tracks (music is done by langslang - not a member)

screens and other related:

features:Ã,  :P
* 320x240
* turn-based battle system
* assemble a party (party-based)
* meet LOTS of characters
* long interactive story
* RPG

Nikolas

Yes! Another RPG! Yes!

Lovely! The BGs look lovely. I love party based RPG. And I love turn based battles! YES!

One more time: YES!

i k a r i

Those characters sure look great..I really like your style..
I wanna know how that story will develope...
Is the character going to move from "left to right" like in the first screenshot outside??

GOOD LUCK!
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Pet Terry

Ah, sounds mysterious, and looks excellent. Make sure the soundtrack will be similar to that of Terranigma and Chrono Trigger, k?

Looking forward to it, yes I am.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Darth Mandarb

That's quite lovely looking!

Keep up the good work!!

scourge

thanks guys Ã, ;D Now i'm gonna work double hard Ã, :P

That first screen the dude only walks left and right. The rest of the game he walk up, down, left, right, etc. I guess i can reveal a little of the story. The main character, Hark, has these dreams, so he wakes up in this world with red trees, etc. His dream part is sort of a mini-sidescroller :) The rest is pure RPG.

The sound i'm still working on. not much of a musician so i got this older brother in a band, he said he'll help me out there. I'm looking at music similar to chrono trigger, etc, but more darker, since the game will have that theme.

thanks for quick and kind replies :)

ManicMatt

Is one of your links broken? Oh it just appeared! hehe.

looks sweet! If this is like FF6 then I'll love it!

Is it wrong to find the girl in the middle attractive? What? What?  ;D

Mozesh

Looks really nice buloght :) , looking forward to this!

Candle

Looks good buloght, I don't play these types of games but this one looks real nice .

Ubel

I'm gonna play this when you release it. The art looks very professional. I hope the gameplay and story are gonna be as good. :)

Afflict

Wow, well what else can you expect form buloght.
Hes sprite jams are among the best and well frankly he is  south african  8)

Looks great man, cant wait to get my hands on this!

scourge

Thanks for some more very cool comments!

I'm gonna play this when you release it.

i'm gonna hold you to that :)

The art looks very professional. I hope the gameplay and story are gonna be as good. :)
Thx, i'll try my bestÃ,  :P. For me the two most important aspects of RPGs are STORY and BATTLES. Implementing these two well is my main goal as most of the gameplay lies here. The rest like inventory, shops, etc. must be made so that it does not hinder the rest. It must be as user-friendly as possible. Well that's my plan anywayÃ,  ;D

Quote from: Afflict on Mon 05/12/2005 00:05:14
Wow, well what else can you expect form buloght.
Hes sprite jams are among the best and well frankly he is south african 8)

;D thanks. Go us!
Quote from: ManicMatt on Sat 03/12/2005 23:22:41
looks sweet! If this is like FF6 then I'll love it!
Is it wrong to find the girl in the middle attractive? What? What? ;D
I not familiar with ff6, only ff1-ff5, ff7 and ff8. I missed 6, but i'm gonna go look for it nowÃ,  ;D. I think you can find her attractive ;D

I'm working hard on game ...

[EDIT]: Just checked it out, i am familiar with ff6  ;D

Kinoko

Oh my god, I have a rival! @_@

Just kidding man :P It looks fantastic though! Seriously great style and the graphics are superb. Cannot wait to see what you've done! I'm jealous of how far through you are already. I have -so- far to go still. *sigh*

ManicMatt

Bulought: My fave 2D RPG is FF6 y'see! You have not played FF9??? It's probably aged too badly graphically now but that is my second fave FF!

scourge

Quote from: Kinoko on Mon 05/12/2005 12:55:38
I have a rival! @_@
Ã,  :) that's a compliment coming from you.

It looks fantastic though! Seriously great style and the graphics are superb.
thanks.Ã,  ;D

Quote from: ManicMatt on Mon 05/12/2005 17:34:03
Bulought: My fave 2D RPG is FF6 y'see! You have not played FF9??? It's probably aged too badly graphically now but that is my second fave FF!

I have never played ff9 but saw lots of music videos from it. The main girl in it is my favourite of all the ff girlsÃ,  ;D, rinoa comes close in second from ff8.

scourge

I added a new screenshot at the topÃ,  :P It's a wee bit of an outside location.

At this moment right now i am doing shops. I swear i just typed 'shop' in AGS.

[EDIT] shops complete.

I made a small 'About Kludden RPG' (in AGS) of one room in old FF style. You can walk through it and talk to game characters and ask them lots of questions about Kludden. Will release when i have hosting space one day.

Here is a screen of the 'About Kludden RPG'Ã,  ;D (i should really stop wasting time)

Hammerite

i urge you not to give up on this.
this is MOST GUD!
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Sslaxx

Looking very good there! Keep it up, thanks!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Mugs

I like the art, since it looks like the one of an actual RPG.  The story sounds great.  Can't wait for it to be released !

;) I wish you luck on your RPG making!
Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

scourge

thx for comments!

Quote from: Mugs on Mon 12/12/2005 22:15:10
I like the art, since it looks like the one of an actual RPG.

Cool, thanks :) I am trying to make it look like the old RPGs but also try and make my own style rather than simply replicating.

Mordalles

great! buloght, im glad you decided to do this. it looks amazing.

i love turn based battles in rpgs, since i dont like to be rushed. i like taking my time to think about things. otherwise ill go and play baldur's gate or something.  ;D

i love suikoden 1+2, and this looks like a game in the same direction.

i cant wait for this game.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

scourge

Thanks for your confidence Mordalles :)

Just wanna let people know the 'About Kludden RPG' can be downloaded from the first post on first page.

[EDIT] seemed that link doesn't work for non-members from that site. I'll get a new one later.

AlbinoPanther

Great job buloght we realy wait for this.Concetrate on the story cause you done some amazing BG and sprite art if you do that your game will rock.

enjoy

sergiocornaga

Where's 'About Kludden RPG'? Come on, surely it must be "later" by now...

scourge

:) i'll put it up right now :) and then EDIT this post when successful.

[EDIT] About Kludden RPG I sort of forgot about it, sorry.

JRock

Good work so far!  This game has EPIC written all over it!  ;)

sergiocornaga

Quote from: buloght on Wed 28/12/2005 00:12:39
:) i'll put it up right now :) and then EDIT this post when successful.

[EDIT] About Kludden RPG I sort of forgot about it, sorry.

File not found?

ThreeOhFour

This game looks great. I cannot wait to play it. Keep up the good work.

Sinister

This game has a lot of promise, its refreshing to see that people are using the AGS engine in other ways and not just traditional model Adventure games.

Please keep us posted on your progress. Looking foward to it.

Kinoko

I've already said it but I just want you to know I'm -still- highly anticipating this game. It's not even out of interest about how you go about it or the style of your RPG... I just want to play it!

scourge

Quote from: SergioCornaga on Tue 03/01/2006 03:20:49
File not found?

Sorry, it seems the source i used delete files after while if nobody downloads it. I'll have reliable hosting space soon

later this month.
Quote from: JRock on Wed 28/12/2005 16:53:09
Good work so far! This game has EPIC written all over it! ;)
ThanksÃ,  ;D That made me happy.

Quote from: Ben304 on Tue 03/01/2006 11:14:29
This game looks great. I cannot wait to play it. Keep up the good work.

Quote from: Sinister on Mon 09/01/2006 22:15:31
This game has a lot of promise, its refreshing to see that people are using the AGS engine in other ways and not just traditional model Adventure games.

Please keep us posted on your progress. Looking foward to it.
Thanks, sinister. Yes AGS is more than just a pretty face :).

Quote from: Kinoko on Tue 10/01/2006 05:43:47
I've already said it but I just want you to know I'm -still- highly anticipating this game. It's not even out of interest about how you go about it or the style of your RPG... I just want to play it!
I'm so motivated nowÃ,  :) thanks. I wanna play your RPG too. You must give us an update in your thread soon.

PROGRESS:

The entire RPG-AGS engine is complete finally. Filling out the game with story and graphics remains. The fun starts here i guessÃ,  ;D I'd say about 15 percent is done since the entire engine is complete and the early parts and intro are done.

I'll only put up a demo once I have completed more than 70% of the game. Maybe sooner so people can tell me what needs changing like near 20%? I am uncertain yet.

A�rendyll (formerly Yurina)

Great game, buloght! Man, Now I realize how much I have to learn about backgrounds... >.< I'm jalous!  >:(:P

About the host: have you tried http://www.freeuploader.com?

I have my game hosted here, and as far as I know this host is reliable enough to host your game. the only downside is the limitation of 100 MB, but as far as I know it's hard for an AGS game to overcome that (of course, video's and music can help a lot...).

Hope this can be of some help.
Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

JRock

Peter Bear

Hi

Nice screenies

I was just wondering , did you use game packages for the graphics , like : RPG MAKER 2000, or something like this

or did you draw everything yourself ?

Anyway, courage ! And keep working  :)
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Mordalles

buloght draws every sprite and every background himself from scracth. thats why this looks so amazing! plus, he got his  own unique style going here.

keep up the good work, buloght.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

scourge

Quote from: leshaussebons on Sun 15/01/2006 10:29:36
Hi

Nice screenies

I was just wondering , did you use game packages for the graphics , like : RPG MAKER 2000, or something like this

or did you draw everything yourself ?

Anyway, courage ! And keep working :)

I DON't use any RPG maker NOR tiles from the internet. I do draw everything myself. Kinoko made a thread about this in the general discussion section about people ripping RPG graphics. She didn't like it, nor do I. I support her view on that hundred percent.

I really work hard on my tiles which I draw 20x20 in photoshop. Then I put them also in photoshop in a map. Of course i draw objects at larger sizes and paste them on to map(like trees). I really work hard at it and feel proud of my effort and I don't want people to think i use premade tiles since I don't like that principle very much :)

I feel originality brings concistency and plus i want my game to have its own style. That's why i try to give my sprites an original style.

I feel strongly about this  :P

thanks for your comments.

thanks mordy :)

scourge

Quote from: Yurina on Fri 13/01/2006 20:11:24
Great game, buloght! Man, Now I realize how much I have to learn about backgrounds... >.< I'm jalous! >:(:P

Ah, i missed your post, sorry. Thanks for posting and your bgs rule in elasion tales :)

I'll check out the upload link, thanks.

A�rendyll (formerly Yurina)

Well, to be honest I used tiles from ephralon.de... And thanks for the comment on ElesTIAn Tales!

Your welcome! ^.^

(I'm still jealous on the bgs! :P)
Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

DonB

Looking forward to this one;

-Massive graphics
-Great RPG-looks

Im telling u guys.. this is gonna be thé AGS RPG..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk