META (now also for Linux!)

Started by Radiant, Thu 08/12/2005 21:47:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

META

NOW UPDATED. Yes, there is more to this game than a single room or a single joke. It has several puzzles, and a lot of lateral thinking, and a true ending. And Cuppit will shut up this time so you can see what it's about. Be surprised!

The only real AGS game! Everything else is merely a game in AGS. Is it one room containing four rooms? Or twenty rooms containing one  room? Or both? Find out today, in one of the most surrealistic adventure games (or is that game adventures?) you've seen, where a bug truly is a feature.

The Awesmoe Quest (sic) has so many bugs that it's actually impossible to complete. Can you finish it anyway, with the help of everybody's favorite mascot, Cuppit? Can you keep your  inventory from burning you to cinders? Can you work the poorly-designed marvel known as BHT? If you're in for some serious confusion, download META here. It's the weirdest thing since sliced bread.

Warning: not for the faint of mouse.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/653

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Downloading right away. Possibly the most original concept I've ever seen in an AGS game! Wonderful for that alone! Now let's see how it plays.

EDIT - Hah! I'm loving it... and now I got this!

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.70.864)

in Room 9 script (line 5)

Error: AnimateButton: invalid view specified

OK   

Fun considering the type of game it happened in. :) It was when I tried to preview the view.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

edmundito

How demented...

... dementedly GENIOUS!

Chris, don't put a cuppit on AGS.

Can you "win" the game?
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Radiant

Quote from: Rui "Shodan" Pires (a divine AI) on Thu 08/12/2005 21:51:17
Downloading right away. Possibly the most original concept I've ever seen in an AGS game! Wonderful for that alone! Now let's see how it plays.

Thanks! For the record it was really fun to write a convoluted mess like this :)

Error: AnimateButton: invalid view specified

Oops, guess I put in a few features too many... this one is an accident, but not crucial. I may have to make a v1.1 some time.

Quote from: Edmundo on Fri 09/12/2005 01:02:44
Can you "win" the game?

Yes. A definite yes. Better still, everything you have to do to win the game is to some extent logical. Granted, it takes a depraved and twisted kind of logic, but there is sense to be found.

mags_don

OK,first of all..cant exit out of the game unless you use control alt delete..hmm..dont know if i like this..sorry ???

Fizzii

Quote from: mags_don on Fri 09/12/2005 04:30:15
OK,first of all..cant exit out of the game unless you use control alt delete..hmm..dont know if i like this..sorry ???

hehe

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 08/12/2005 21:47:39
Warning: not for the faint of mouse.

Spoiler
To quit, try Ctrl+Q
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Spoiler
Or Alt-X. :D The cool thing is that I kinda do exactly what I do when I want to debug a game of mine. Except that I use a program much, mucho supoerior to BHT. ::)
[close]

Kneel. Now.

Gord10

It is one of the most original idea I have seen in an AGS game in these days :)
Spoiler
But I still couldn't find out how to skip the dialogue with the Cuppit
[close]
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Nikolas

I have started a thread in the hints forum but:
Spoiler
If you find some way to distract him he will leave you alone. And anyway try to use all possible dialogues
[close]

Gilbert

Hehe really funny "game", though I'm equally stuck like the other people, I especially like how the player can die. :=

sovka

Haha, I love it! Probably really hard to beat if you don't know anything about BHT.

Spoiler
I'm not even sure if I'm any further than everybody else, but if you activate Debug Mode, you can teleport Roger to Room 4.
[close]

SSH

Radiant, you are evil!  ;D

I think you compiled this with 2.7, tho, becasue sometimes you do have to kill the program with the Task manager if you quit it.

Wretched

Yay, finished it! That was really hard.
Great idea well executed.
Long live Cuppit.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

One thing, though (putting in a spoiler tag in case it's on purpose):

Spoiler
Every time I start Awsmoe Quest, nothing seems to be reset. I mean, if I pick up the thermos in 4th room by goint there via Ctrl-X in debug mode, it seems it won't ever re-appear again later, and I won't ever be able to pick it up. Also, the score doesn't reset - which I think are all symptoms of the same thing. Even BHT wouldn't be that bad a program, would it? ;D
[close]

Kneel. Now.

Radiant

Quote from: Wretched on Fri 09/12/2005 18:42:50
Yay, finished it! That was really hard.
Great idea well executed.
Long live Cuppit.
Wow, well done! Cool! :D

Quote from: SSH on Fri 09/12/2005 17:32:46
Radiant, you are evil!  ;D
Yep! Although now that you've figured that out, I'll probably have to kill you.

I think you compiled this with 2.7, tho, becasue sometimes you do have to kill the program with the Task manager if you quit it.
Yes, I did. I had no idea that it had such a problem (since it works fine on my system). I've been meaning to upgrade my AGS anyway, I'll do a recompile then.

Quote from: Rui "Shodan" Pires (a divine AI) on Fri 09/12/2005 23:42:18
Spoiler
Every time I start Awsmoe Quest, nothing seems to be reset.
[close]
Spoiler

No, that actually is a feature. Well, except for the score, which is mostly irrelevant anyway, but I'll fix that bit.
[close]

futonrevolution

Crashes so far:
- previewing in Views, just like Rui got
- turning on the sound effect for scoring points and then scoring points in the "game"
- changing the cursor to another sprite (the large key), then being unable to interact with any hotspots (not exactly a crash, but Ctl-Q stopped working at that point so Ctl-Alt-Dlt was needed)

Deliciously difficult game... full of dellishus dificulti and diphakult duliciuosnesss!!1!
Can't sleep? Ask about my overly-ambitious game!
Can't diet? Ask to see my room and character art!

sergiocornaga

Good game, I've managed to get past the gaurdian with my 1337 skills.

Spoiler
Does changing the resoloution affect Awsmoe Quest in any way? And why can't I alter the walkable areas in Room 2? Probably because it would be ridiculously difficult to script, but that would be an awsome (no pun intended) soloution to the "puzzle". Cool game, anyways.
[close]

Kinoko

Wow! I agree, most original concept I've seen in an AGS game yet! Downloading now ^_^

Mozesh

Wow that was a fun game :P , I even finished it without help ;D

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I'm not far in the game yet - I've just

Spoiler
fixed the button
[close]

and had to come in and say the puzzles are deviously ingenious. :) This is what I like - thinking outside the box!

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk