META (now also for Linux!)

Started by Radiant, Thu 08/12/2005 21:47:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

This game reminded ome of the desktop room in RLBAT though, but of course META is much more complicated.

simulacra

META is a nightmare, a waking dream not meant for the living.

Don't download it, don't play it. Keep your Sanity Points intact. Protect your children.

Radiant

Quote from: SergioCornaga on Sun 11/12/2005 10:16:56
Spoiler
Does changing the resoloution affect Awsmoe Quest in any way?
[close]
Maybe. You figure it out :)

Spoiler

And why can't I alter the walkable areas in Room 2? Probably because it would be ridiculously difficult to script, but that would be an awsome (no pun intended) soloution to the "puzzle".
[close]
Spoiler

Yes, that's the main reason actually. I suppose it's technically possible, though.
[close]

Quote from: futonrevolution on Sat 10/12/2005 12:31:40
Crashes so far:
- previewing in Views, just like Rui got
- turning on the sound effect for scoring points and then scoring points in the "game"
- changing the cursor to another sprite (the large key), then being unable to interact with any hotspots (not exactly a crash, but Ctl-Q stopped working at that point so Ctl-Alt-Dlt was needed)
Okay. None of that is crucial. I'll do a fixed version this week, though.

This game reminded ome of the desktop room in RLBAT though, but of course META is much more complicated.
RLBAT?

Quote from: simulacra on Mon 12/12/2005 15:17:14
META is a nightmare, a waking dream not meant for the living.
Your blood pressure just went up.

Iv4n

Aahehaeaha :). I cna't stop laguh!1!! Tihs is teh funyezt & crzyest ASG gmae evre! Just brilliant :). ROFL :) Rlely mkaes me laugh (:

Oh llew, I'm sutck wthi teh dailogues 2.

Redwall

aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Isxek

Richard Longhurst and the Box that Ate Time.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to write on, but the link to download the said game seems to be broken.

I keep getting redirected to a "searchportal.information.com" site which is rather weird. I still see the URL "http://www.agsforums.com/rlbat-win.zip", though.  ???

Thanks!

Radiant

This link works fine for me:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=download&game=653

Quote from: Isxek on Thu 22/12/2005 22:19:50
Richard Longhurst and the Box that Ate Time.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to write on, but the link to download the said game seems to be broken.

I keep getting redirected to a "searchportal.information.com" site which is rather weird. I still see the URL "http://www.agsforums.com/rlbat-win.zip", though.  ???

Thanks!

Isxek

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 22/12/2005 22:43:34
This link works fine for me:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=download&game=653

Um, I meant "Richard Longhurst & the Box that Ate Time." META's download link works fine; I'm playing it right now ;)

Radiant

I've fixed the bugs mentioned in these threads (at least, the ones that weren't intentional) and recompiled META with the latest version of AGS.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=653

Dr Lecter

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the annoyingness of this game is the kind that I would like to recreate. How the hell do you get over the hole, I'm almost tearing my hair out.

Radiant

Quote from: Dr Lecter on Sun 01/01/2006 21:41:58
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the annoyingness of this game is the kind that I would like to recreate. How the hell do you get over the hole, I'm almost tearing my hair out.

Spoiler

It's very logical. You can't jmup. So...
[close]

Spoiler

You need something to put over it. The illogical part is getting it there.
[close]

lakerz

I like the idea behind META, very original!  Unfortunately for me, knowing nothing about the AGS editor is making the game very hard.  Still a great idea though as I'm sure those with some AGS experience really could appreciate the puzzles.

ManicMatt

I was so stuck with the dialogue, that I changed the FILE NAME ofÃ,  META to awesome quest to see if it would work...

obviously it didn't.

Then I got past that and got annoyed and puzzled as to why the blue cup guy wanted me to change the name of the game but I can't actually do that in the general options.

and quit.

But it's an ingenious idea! Especially..

Spoiler
when you 'quit' the game! haha!
[close]

Radiant

Quote from: ManicMatt on Fri 13/01/2006 18:04:42
Then I got past that and got annoyed and puzzled as to why the blue cup guy wanted me to change the name of the game but I can't actually do that in the general options.

He doesn't really want you to do that, nor is it necessary to complete the Awesmoe Quest.

Elliott Hird

One word: Crazy. This game is crazy.

Radiant

A humble request...

The game META was never intended for everyone, indeed it is unlikely to appeal to people who aren't already AGS coders. As such, I am very grateful for the good response to it here, and the several people who found it funny, or crazy out-of-the-box thinking, or who spent ages trying to get Cuppit to shut up.

However - on the AGS games page, the only comment on the game is that it's a dumb waste of time. Well, of course everybody has the right to their opinion. But I would really appreciate it if one or two people who did like the game and expressed such in this thread, would leave a brief note to that extent on the AGS page so that the game doesn't seem totally worthless from there. Thanks.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=653

Radiant

Okay... this game was always intended to be tricky. But it turned out to be somewhat trickier than I intended. I spoke to several people recently who didn't realize there's more to this game than a single screen or a single joke, or who couldn't get Cuppit to shut up.

Thus, an upgrade. Cuppit will shut up this time. And you start in the editor. Yes indeed, this game plays IN the game editor. There is about twenty screens to explore and fiddle around with. And several puzzles, of course. If you think you know the AGS editor, try this one on for size!

Download.

Kweepa

Yay! I never got past the first puzzle before, so this update sounds good to me!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

deadsuperhero

That was crazy. Cuppit was so obnoxious.
Oh almighty CJ, promise to never release Cuppit!

I found an extremely easy way to beat this game:

Spoiler
turn on debug mode, then skip to room 4
[close]
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Drowps

Nope, that's the solution to one of the puzzles ;D

BTW, this is one of the bests and most originals games I've seen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk