META

Started by Nikolas, Thu 08/12/2005 22:27:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

Has anyone started this game?

Amazing and weird...

I need a hint! desperately!

Spoiler
I have entered the cave, but don't know what to do with the chasms... Any ideas?
[close]

Radiant? Rui?

Fertfreak

I need help getting into the cave.

Spoiler
I have made the guardian clickable, but I can't figure out what the password might be.
[close]

Nikolas

Spoiler
try checking the global messages. This might give you an idea
[close]

futonrevolution

Quote from: Nikolas on Thu 08/12/2005 22:27:56
Spoiler
I have entered the cave, but don't know what to do with the chasms... Any ideas?
[close]

Subtle
Spoiler
Looking, using and talking to the chasms is safe, but walking on them is not. If only there was some way of using the door without having to walk there...
[close]
Less Subtle
Spoiler
Hmm... Roger keeps trying to walk over there, huh? You'll just have to take that Walk icon away from him then!
[close]
Least Subtle
Spoiler
If using a 1st person perspective, Roger can access anything in the room. To do that, your main character will need to Hide.
[close]

I'm currently bashing my head on the next step...
Spoiler
...getting a key into that room to unlock that door. I've even tried turning one of the cursors into a key, but that just left me unable to click out the inevitable error messages. I've also getting around it with the debug mode, but I guess that won't work successfully until later in the game.
[close]
-Daniel
Can't sleep? Ask about my overly-ambitious game!
Can't diet? Ask to see my room and character art!

Wretched

futonrevolution,
Neat solution, might be a bug as there is another much more complicated way to do it...

futonrevolution

Quote from: Wretched on Fri 09/12/2005 23:33:21futonrevolution,
Neat solution, might be a bug as there is another much more complicated way to do it...

Darn. That might be why I keep crashing the game in new and spectacular ways. (The last time was by turning on the sound effect for scoring points.)
Can't sleep? Ask about my overly-ambitious game!
Can't diet? Ask to see my room and character art!

Radiant

Quote from: Wretched on Fri 09/12/2005 23:33:21futonrevolution,

Well, actually, yes :) I think you'll find that your method doesn't actually work.

Quote from: futonrevolution on Fri 09/12/2005 23:44:39
Darn. That might be why I keep crashing the game in new and spectacular ways. (The last time was by turning on the sound effect for scoring points.)

It keeps crashing? Ouch. Please tell me where and I'll fix it? Thanks!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

What I love best about this is that, even though it's a hints and tips thread, even though the question has been asked, you're discussing the better solution and not telling. ::)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Wretched

Well I'm not telling as it would give about 60% of the game away. Seems to high an amount for a hints tip.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Be subtle then. :P Nudge in the right direction. Tell me, should I be thinking in terms of what? Debug, characters, outside the box...

Kneel. Now.

Wretched

Rui,
Spoiler
You need to fix the broken button.
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Right. I was thinking something along the lines of that, curiously enough, but I'd just assumed BHT was that bad. :) Thanks muchly.

Kneel. Now.

Gilbert

Spoiler
Got thru both chasms, but still can't open the door. Any hints?
[close]

mozza

Spoiler
I'm going really crappily. I'm in the room with the chasms and am stuck. What to do now? I don't know how to ix the button or whatever Wretched was talking about. I have noticed that the "New Object" button is broken, is that the one?
[close]

Radiant

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Mon 12/12/2005 09:26:32
Spoiler
Got thru both chasms, but still can't open the door. Any hints?
[close]
You'll need
Spoiler

a key. There's one in an obvious place.
[close]

Quote from: mozza on Mon 12/12/2005 10:09:24
Spoiler
I'm going really crappily. I'm in the room with the chasms and am stuck. What to do now? I don't know how to ix the button or whatever Wretched was talking about. I have noticed that the "New Object" button is broken, is that the one?
[close]
Yes.

Gilbert

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 12/12/2005 10:21:20
You'll need
Spoiler

a key. There's one in an obvious place.
[close]

Spoiler
The one in the sprite list? I couldn't get it to work if I place it as an object in the room or make it a cursor though.
[close]

Phemar

I'm in the same place as Gilbot.

Spoiler
I figure I have to somehow correct the images for the inventory items? Or is it something to do with the yellow circle?
I went to create a new object, but I when I clicked on the key image it turned to be something else. So I went to the inventory screen and saw which inventory item had the key image, so then when I created a new object I chose the pink poster hoping it to be the key image, but it was a big yellow dot? Am I on the right track? Any more hints?
[close]

jane

I'm in cave and can touch door but am absolutely lost at what to do next.............when I try to change inventory nothing happens, button drops off as well - I put it back but what else should I be doing?

Fizzii

Quote from: jane on Mon 12/12/2005 11:22:02
I'm in cave and can touch door but am absolutely lost at what to do next.............when I try to change inventory nothing happens, button drops off as well - I put it back but what else should I be doing?

Have you fixed the button so that you can use it?

I've figured out how to cross one chasm, but not sure how to get across the other... I guess I'll muck around with this brilliant BHT editor a bit moreÃ,  ;D

Gilbert

Quote from: Fizzii on Mon 12/12/2005 11:31:53
I've figured out how to cross one chasm, but not sure how to get across the other... I guess I'll muck around with this brilliant BHT editor a bit moreÃ,  ;D

Spoiler
You need to use the 'save' feature of the game wisely.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk