META

Started by Nikolas, Thu 08/12/2005 22:27:56

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

I guess I need to fix the button permanently - anyone give us a clue on this please?

Phemar

Jane:

Subtle
Spoiler
Try 'glueing' it down
[close]

Less Subtle
Spoiler
You need to somehow make your cursor gluey
[close]

Direct Giveaway
Spoiler
Change your cursor image in the cursor pane to that of the gluebucket, and then click on the button.
[close]

Radiant

Quote from: Zor on Mon 12/12/2005 10:49:42
Spoiler
I figure I have to somehow correct the images for the inventory items? Or is it something to do with the yellow circle?
[close]

Nah. Both you and Gilbert are thinking way too complexly*.

Spoiler

*This word suggested by Cuppit
[close]

jane

Aarghhhhhh am absolutely stumped again!  Have made it to the door, have put a key on the floor - not sure if this is right - but if this is the right thing to do - I can't fathom out how to pick it up.  Guess I need a course in how to construct a game - 'cos I don't really know much on the techy side of things.  :-\

Kweepa

Wow I suck.
I can't get past the first conversation with Cuppit.
Spoiler
I thought it might be to bury him in questions, but I couldn't quite manage it.
[close]
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Gilbert

Spoiler
Well I couldn't get the pattern for his dialogs either, all I did was keep one numpad number key pressed at a time (for example keep '2' pressed for a while then randomly changed to '4' pressed for a while, etc.) to skip them quickly, until you notice something new (something like "I'm sorry") then choose the line with teh word "spoon" when it's available and you'll get past it.
[close]

Anyway I'm still stuck in teh same location:
Spoiler
Still can't find a way to open the door in the secodn test, I thought of extinguishing the fire (in the editor or Awesoem Quest) and then use give inventory debug function, but that didn't seem to work either.
[close]

Phemar

Steve:
Spoiler
First, ask him why he's a bluecup. Then tell him he shoudl be yellow. Then tell him oranges aren't yellow. Tell him to shut up. Apologise. Tell him to go talk to a spoon.
[close]

jane

Quote from: jane on Tue 13/12/2005 14:42:36
Aarghhhhhh am absolutely stumped again! Have made it to the door, have put a key on the floor - not sure if this is right - but if this is the right thing to do - I can't fathom out how to pick it up. Guess I need a course in how to construct a game - 'cos I don't really know much on the techy side of things. :-\

Can someone please give me a hint to save my sanity

Radiant

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Wed 14/12/2005 07:12:08
Anyway I'm still stuck in teh same location:
Spoiler
Still can't find a way to open the door in the secodn test, I thought of extinguishing the fire (in the editor or Awesoem Quest) and then use give inventory debug function, but that didn't seem to work either.
[close]
Yes, that would be the way to do it.

Quote from: jane on Wed 14/12/2005 10:10:43
Spoiler
Aarghhhhhh am absolutely stumped again! Have made it to the door, have put a key on the floor - not sure if this is right - but if this is the right thing to do - I can't fathom out how to pick it up.
[close]
You're on the wrong track. See Gilbert's remark.

Abisso

I've got the same problem as Gilbot. Time to reveal the solution, don't you think?

Spoiler
Is being a fire a way to avoid burning? I mean, in the first room, if you save, then touch the fire, then reload, the char changes into a walking fire. Is that a feature, or a bug? (since the game crashes when you walk to certain parts of the screen). Anyway, even in flame-form the char seem to die when using ctrl-s.
[close]
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

jane

I think I will have to give up with this - unless someone really is kind and gives me some help - I am in cave, have crossed two chasms but am really stumped at what to do next.  :-\

Radiant

Okay, okay.

Spoiler

You need a key. You probably knew that.
[close]

Spoiler

Since you can't pick up a key anywhere, you have to use the "stuff pockets" debug function.
[close]

Spoiler

However, one of the inventory items is a fire, which will kill you if carried. So is there some way of getting rid of it?
[close]

Spoiler

How would you quench a fire?
[close]

Spoiler

Throw water on it, most likely. Or in this case, the other way around.
[close]

jane

I'm sure I can't be the only one who is absolutely lost with this game.  I know nothing about the techy workings so 'Since you can't pick up a key anywhere, you have to use the "stuff pockets" debug function'..........what the heck does that mean?  Its probably sooo simple but I must be totally thick

I have tried clicking debug in general settings but it doesn't make any difference. I've tried extinguishing the fire but when I go to test game the fire is still there in the first scene ?  How do you change settings to carry something?

Gilbert

Ah clever.

Jane:

Spoiler

From AGS manual:
1. The Debug() command

There is a scripting command, Debug, which you can use in your script to help you find problems. The default setup enables some hotkeys for the various features - in particular, Ctrl+X allows you to teleport to another room, Ctrl+A shows the walkable areas on the screen and Ctrl+S gives you all the inventory items.
[close]

I know it's frustrating, that this game was aimed mainly for people who had been playing around with the AGS editor. :)

Fertfreak

Spoiler
I've extinguished the fire and unlocked the door, but whenever I try to go through,the Awesmoe Quest cuts out, saying there's an error in the scripting. I've tried to fix it, but nothing I've tried works and the only difference I've noticed is a new question to ask Cuppit.
[close]

Gilbert

Spoiler

There's a script error in room 3, so you need to fix it...
[close]
Spoiler

...or find someone else to fix it...
[close]
Spoiler

...Cuppit seems to be a choice, but he won't fix it for you, unless you can please him...
[close]
Spoiler

...coffee in a cup sounds a good idea...
[close]
Spoiler

Turn on debug mode, teleport to room 4 and get the thermos containing coffee...
[close]

Abisso

Okay, believe it or not but I solved the problem of fire by myself (but Gilbot's intuition has done the most for it).

Now I'm stuck at:

Spoiler
The metaquestions! I first thought there was a way to bypass them (and maybe there is, actually) but then I made some researches (thanks to KQVGA, which I supposed to be theremake of the first Sierra Game), and answered the first question. The second was a very smart one (congrats, Radiant). But then the third! Maybe due to my bad knowing of english, maybe even due to the typos, I'm not even sure I've understood it!
I think it asks the flying speed of a bird (the swallow). But in km/h, or mph? And, do I have to write just the number, or even km/h / mph?
Anyway I tried the natural numbers between 0 and 160, and every number ending with 5 and 0, till 300 (I thought the speed couldn't be too precise). Where have I screwed off?
[close]

Radiant

You actually tried all those answers? Oh, I feel so mean now.

Spoiler

It's a trick question.
[close]

Spoiler

It's also an inside joke.
[close]

Spoiler

Google it.
[close]

Gilbert

Actually:
Spoiler
I couldn't get past the second question, are there any hint?
[close]

Abisso

Here's my tip for you, Gilbot:

Spoiler
Knowing Cuppit, the awesmoe blue cup, (and maybe Radiant) which game do you think he considers the one with the ideal dimensions? Just write the dimension (in kilobytes)of it's executable file.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk