Need Help with Puzzle idea

Started by Candle, Tue 10/01/2006 22:20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Candle

I have this image with the screens and such and going to have the screens look like they are off .
So how do you think I should use the key panel to turn the screens back on?
Thanks for any help.

m0ds

Can you create a more detailed version close up of the key panel? I can't think of much you can do with it at that distance. Unless you need to pour water over it, or something ;) With a close up you could have numerous puzzles.

Candle

Yes I could do that with the panel . let me see what I can come up with.
About as good as I can get it.

```````````
Thats ok I think I can do something now I have the otherroom module working , thinking some neat stuff I can do .
This is a Myst style game .

simulacra

How about spelling something out using an alien/ancient/weird phonetic alphabet?

Candle

Yes that would work cool .
Thank you

ManicMatt

If not you could always go with the whole crack open the keyboard to fix the faulty wires puzzle. Bit over done though I suppose.

Elliott Hird

Candle

I like the water in panel idea , may have to use that .

Akumayo

Or you could forget the whole idea about a "puzzle" and resort to the American way.
VIOLENCE!

Bash the keypanel with a baseball bat, somethings bound to happen right?
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Candle

m0ds

lol my water pouring idea? That wasn't serious but hey, why not! I didn't think you'd pick up on that so I thought about something completely different, which is just for your consideration - that the closeup is better but it's still quite a tough image to look at. That's not a problem though, there are still quite a few key places on the panel itself that I think you could make use of.

This is quite a crude, simple example. But I'm sure with a little imagination you could make something of it :D Going by what simulacra said, perhaps you could include "various" keys, instead of all of them - I've marked below with and x the ones I think are possibly the 'better' buttons. I'm not entirely sure what GUI you're using but you could tuck one in there with a mouse-over operation to display the name of the hotspot, which would be a single letter in perhaps some strange AGS font for alienation effect...for example one similar to what you might see in "Who sent me to Avadon"!! :P

There you could form a whole new puzzle, it could be a huge puzzle. Who knows!! You could have your hero go on a mini-quest to find these "glyphs", jotting them onto PDA (with limited battery so only able to capture a maximum of FIVE!!1)...see, this puzzle has a lot of potential. *keeps feet on the ground* Lets just say it's a smaller puzzle :p

ManicMatt mentioned me making my motorola Mittens MIDI music melee*....no, ManicMatt mentioned cracking open the keyboard to fix faulty wires. It's tried, it's tested, but we still love it :) Well, I do. So it's on my diagram above. Not so sure you'd want the actual panel itself to flip open, but I thought the two boxes (in yellow rectangles) made cool cases for wiring (perhaps).

* just to see how it sounded

It could be a simple, use broken blue wire with other piece of broken blue wire to activate the screens, or it could be complex - like having to find a specific tool to fix the wires. That kinda thing. You could have a second puzzle later in the game featuring the same computer, & that should be when you pour water over it ;)

Anyway - I hope that gives you some ideas! I'm not so sure about the American way though :P though that version would always please some :)

Candle

Thanks Mod that looks cool . gives me lots of ideas to use . the wire looks the best to me how you did it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk