Tomb Raider : Bloodline

Started by GokuZ, Wed 14/12/2005 02:01:45

Previous topic - Next topic

GokuZ

Project on Hold Currently working on TRLE BioHazard Mod
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death does not affect me : It's just a minor inconvenience

AlbinoPanther

Well not to say hurray but this is good TR in P&C.

Just one tought work on a gui it doesn't fit in your BG(it's very nice :o).

Keep up good work.

Darth Mandarb

Please review the FORUM RULES[, and update your thread.

If it's not updated by tomorrow ... lockidy lock lock.

DizzyDancer

I'm a HUGE Tomb Raider fan! And I really like your idea! The only thing is...I only have...a 56k...modem...*cries*
There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

seaduck

I like this idea very much!

Note 1: The GUI should be in the same resolution as the background, and should be fitting in style.

Note 2: You should work on the walking animation to make it loop seamlessly.

Note 3:
Quote from: GokuZ on Wed 14/12/2005 02:01:45
Will Also Contain '3D Cutscenes' Be amazed as the 2D backround and characters will become 3D To add real depth and drama to the story.

I'm not a big fan of 3D in adventure games. Rather than adding depth to the story, it adds megabytes to the installation file.

While you can do cool camera movements in 3D, creating 3D objects and locations is so tedious, that you will usually end up with so few details, that everything will look flat and dull. (Ok, I admit it, I'm just crackers about 2DÃ,  ;D)

IMHO everything else is much more important to make a catching story: good storywriting, choreography, camera, editting, animation, backgrounds, dialogues.

I'll be looking forward to playing this, good luck!

Candle

He is using poser for the char andÃ,  poser uses more loops for the walking that ags has . hard to get the right and left walk cycle to look good .were the up and down look good when done.
Looks good keep it up and get thatÃ,  2th sceenshot in quick.

GokuZ

Ok 2nd Screenshot in (screenshots do not represent final ingame quality)Ã,  forum rules met.

Number A: AGS supports the exact number of walking frames I need, the pic is to give you an idea of the way the 3D lara has been converted into a 2D animation

2: I love this simple style GUI and I wont be changing it.  Ultimately I love Monkey Island 1 & 2 and I belive that the simplicity of the GUI is apart of that (wasnt keen on MK3 popup GUI or inventory system) I dont belive something unessesarily complicated or flashy for the sake of looks is worth it.

3: The game will contain 3D, I dont care about the ultimate file size, I downloaded 'Fatman' at 200 meg and really enjoyed it. Music and Voice acting will be apart of this game.Ã,  However I will create a download with optional speech.sou.Ã,  People with 56k using Getright or Flash get even 300megs can be downloaded in a few days if downloading overnight. Expect this game to be at least 250megs.

Spitfire

Wow, its about time someone started a Tomb Raider p&c game. I htink 3D looks amazing. But the backgrounds don't have much shading, thus creating a flat atmosphere.

Other than that, I hope you bring out a super Tomb Raider game.  ;)

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: GokuZ on Wed 14/12/2005 18:33:15Ok 2nd Screenshot in (screenshots do not represent final ingame quality)  forum rules met.

If the screenshots you provided aren't the final quality ... then you haven't met the forum rules.   If you aren't far enough along to have final graphics, then you should have waited before posting.  However, I'm not going to lock this thread for that ... what's done is done.

I will, however, lock the thread if you're screenshots remain "broken" links ... they are missing!  Please find a reliable host for the images (there are several threads throughout these forums for just that sort of thing ... do a search!)

Mordalles

this looks really interesting. i cant see the screenshots, but im really interested. so please make them work, i really wanna see.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

GokuZ

ScreenShots Sorted

Iv4n

I can see those shots and they look pretty good! One thing about the model. You may consider add some bounce moving to her head because it just look like a robo head or something.

Candle

Looks good can't wait to play.

splat44

I did play with some tomb raider games.

I'm wondering, are there some actions that would caused death or violence?

Regard

Corey

As a huge Tomb Raider fan it just impossible to dislike this... but i must say it's not only looking really like TR it also looks really stunning. Thought it could use some light if u know what i mean.

btw i cant possible imagine what you should do with those Guns, flares and binoculairs but im sure it will be awsome
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

hedgefield

I've dabbled with the TR level editor myself, but when it crashed on me after I built the world's most beautiful level (well, it was awesome!), I damned it to hell. And playing the TR games with those ancient control schemes is starting to aggrevate me aswell, so I'm really excited about this project.

Quote from: Corey on Sat 17/12/2005 09:30:04
btw i cant possible imagine what you should do with those Guns, flares and binoculairs
Oh, but I can. ;D

GokuZ

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 17/12/2005 05:35:05
I'm wondering, are there some actions that would caused death or violence?
Yes, Certain Actions will cause Laura to die
Quote from: Corey on Sat 17/12/2005 09:30:04
Thought it could use some light if you know what i mean.
btw i cant possible imagine what you should do with those Guns, flares and binoculairs but I'm sure it will be awsome
All Lighting effects will be added using the TR level Editor and Ingame Sprites for Fire etc.
The Guns will be used in cutscenes mainly, flares to light dark areas and binoculars will be used also  ;)

scourge

Ponch

Quote from: Iv4n on Thu 15/12/2005 10:52:49
I can see those shots and they look pretty good! One thing about the model. You may consider add some bounce moving to her head because it just look like a robo head or something.

This is why I love this forum. Anywhere else on the Internet, people wouldn't suggest that you add bounce to her HEAD. The level of discourse here rarely falls into the childish.

The game looks great. I can't wait to play it. I loved Tomb Raider, but I agree that the ancient control scheme and squared off world sort of leaves me cold nowadays. Plus, I always wanted Core to do a proper adventure game with Lara.

This game is going on my "watch closely" list.

- Ponch

Elliott Hird

Ugh @ new gui. and the view, wouldn't she fall over with the legs in that pos.?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk