Tomb Raider : Bloodline

Started by GokuZ, Wed 14/12/2005 02:01:45

Previous topic - Next topic

GokuZ

I dont care who likes or dislikes the GUI I just said it looked better than the original GUI, I dont want a flashy GUI, exactly what direction would she fall stood in that position? (the standing position she stands in the first 5 TR games)

Death does not affect me : It's just a minor inconvenience

Venus

This project looks really interesting and I'm looking forward to its completion.

Anyway, about your file size/GUI comments: The file size will have a great influence on how many people will download your finished game. Since you posted this thread here, I assume that you want people to download and play your game. IMHO, the file size is something you should care about. I'm not saying leave all those 3D scences. Just try to keep the size as small as possible. This way a lot more people will download and give you credit for your work. What's the use of a 100MB game that isn't played, because of the download size?
Concerning the new GUI, I prefer the old one, too. Not because it looks better, but because it is more functional. In your new GUI the verbs are in a single row on the bottom of the screen. This means that the player has to move the mouse quite a long way to access them all. The old GUI offers the verbs in three rows, so the mouse doesn't need to be moved so much. IMHO, the less time the player spends to access the GUI, the more time he/she has to enjoy the game. If you want people to enjoy your game, the design of the GUI is something you should care about, imo.

About the front standing view: She really looks like she is about to fall backwards. That's because she isn't standing in the right perspective...

Apart from that, your game looks very promising. I'm looking forward to this.

SSH

Observe the difference between spam/abuse and constructive criticism. I'm sure that Goku's reaction will also be different...

GokuZ

Quote from: Venus on Thu 22/12/2005 13:11:34
The file size will have a great influence on how many people will download your finished game. Since you posted this thread here, I assume that you want people to download and play your game

Concerning the new GUI, I prefer the old one, too. Not because it looks better, but because it is more functional. In your new GUI the verbs are in a single row on the bottom of the screen. This means that the player has to move the mouse quite a long way to access them all.... the less time the player spends to access the GUI, the more time he/she has to enjoy the game. If you want people to enjoy your game, the design of the GUI is something you should care about, imo.

About the front standing view: She really looks like she is about to fall backwards. That's because she isn't standing in the right perspective...
RE:Filesize, The file size will be whatever it will be, Im not going to add any extras that would make it unessesarily large.  I would hope that people who do download my game initially would write good reviews and their by increase general interest.  Ive been In these kinds of forums before and people who quibble about filesize or internet connection to me just shows lack of patience, I've downloaded 300meg on 56k before and it nearly took a week, but it was worth it.  I wouldnt dream of restricting anything in my game for the sake of size if I thought it would affect its game play.  If people ignore the final ingame screenshots, teaser demo and (hopefully) decent reviews because the file size is unacceptable to them, then its their loss not mine.  I want to make a great game if people dont want to play it Im not going to force them or waste time caring about them

RE:GUI, This is the best I could do to preserve the MI2 Interface so I could have a larger screen ratio without having to compress my backround images, I still think sliding the mouse a little to the left and right to access commands is still quicker than a pop-up inventory

RE:Lara Standing, im in the process of desiging a new outfit I will sort her animations.

Death does not affect me : It's just a minor inconvenience

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk