Confessions of a dentist (working title)

Started by Hajjamujja, Sun 21/05/2006 17:30:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Hajjamujja

After seeing all the other amazing looking games in here I feel kinda embarrased about posting this.
But I'll give it a shot anyway.

Here's some art (sorry bout the diffrent sizes :P):

Kinda mixed graphical styles, I know. ;D
But this is not a very serious project.

Story
...Something is rotten in the land of Bolbania... And it's more than just teeth.
You play as the detective, trying to figure out what has happened to this priorly unknown ex-Soviet state.
This is a wierd and humoristic noir-style game.
Includes:
Dentist mafias
Time travel
Talking robots
Polish voice actors
Lots of surprises

Progression
Don't have a clue really..
We've only done like 10 rooms, 5 puzzles and a bunch of items.
We don't really know how long the game's gonna be, since we're pretty much making it up as we go along.
But it will probly be a really short game since we're a small team, don't have much spare time and are starting to grow pretty tired of this project...
so I'd bet where 50% done on everything.

Please comment!!
which images do you like best?
does it work with the Sin City style? (The original game is in full color but I thought this looked cooler)
does it look wierd with the pixelated main character?

Synthmon

Godsdammit, you've forgot about the monkey-infested airport!

Anyways, we are about 8-9 people working on this, but we're getting nowhere.

Hajjamujja

Hey, we've gotta keep some things secret, dude!

Yeah, we haven't done much for the last couple of weeks because of lack of inspiration and lack of time.
But I hope we can do something about it...my inspiration got renewed when I looked at this little art compilation.

Barbarian

Looks interesting and it will probably be fun to play.
I like the first image of inside the office, reminds me a bit of a "P.I. / Private Investigator (Detective)" type of setting. 

If it one of your first projects, and you mention you "don't have a clue" about progression and you're "making it up as you go along", maybe keep things more simple and shorter is best and look at it as a way to practice and gain valuable experience in your game-makin' skillz.  :) . A lot of amateur game-makers might not complete a project or might not make a project to their "expectations" if they are too over-ambitious (I mean, trying to make too "huge" or intricate of a project for an early project). 

Good luck with your project.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Exorph

If the screenshots represents the game well, I think the mixed graphical styles works wonderfully as it seems to create this weird surreal collage feeling over the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk