LucasArts GUI Help Thread (NEW Scumm GUI Available!)

Started by TerranRich, Fri 01/08/2003 06:04:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Flibble

Lucasart's don't really care about fangames anymore. They certainly haven't shut one down since FOMI.

Of course a more likely explaination is that they don't know about them.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

faggc

Quote from: Mr Flibble on Fri 09/04/2004 18:09:44
Lucasart's don't really care about fangames anymore. They certainly haven't shut one down since FOMI.

Of course a more likely explaination is that they don't know about them.

Yes that's true. And now Lucasarts canceled all adventure games (FT2 and Sam&Max2). But that doen't mean that they don't care about old games. The true is that they don't want to release any old game as freeware.

But maybe this year (after the release of Indy:FOA2 - http://amberfisharts.com/)we know Lucasarts position.

faggc

I have downloaded Proskritos's template? I'm thinking in making a fan game using one of the templates(this is not an an announcement). The template helps a lot, but there's still some things to add. Right now i'm adding to the template functions that show red lines in maps (like in indy4).

I think the template helped me a lot. But how usefull are those templates? Is anyone else making a game using Proskritos's templates?

Scummbuddy

All of the games I'm making use his templates in some form or another. I'm very happy with the work he put in, and hope they are updated. I was making my own LucasArts styled template, but he beat me out the door.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SillySue

How do you get the gui to work once you've downloaded them. I've tried opening it with AGS, that didn't work, so I opened AGS and tried to import it but it said it wasn't a AGS gui. How do you work it?

Scummbuddy

what version are you using of AGS, when you want to start a new game, it should (newest versions) have you select a template to use.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Scummed

Hello all :) I'm new here so sorry if I am making a mistake

Everyime I try to play the game using the template - I get an error saying:

Error: run_text_script1: error -1 (Runtime error: wrong number of paramters to exported function 'unhandled_event') running function 'unhandled_event'

whenever I click. The game loads ok, but as soon as I click that comes up :(

Any suggestions or help apreciated

Scummed

I did search before but must have missed something I have now found what I needed :)

Sorry about that.

Kinoko

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Fri 02/04/2004 23:31:45
yes, well. i'm not sure why, but like I said, i tried creating an invisble object in its place, moving it, and recreating the object on a different object number but it didn't work... I feel so confused...............          ...       ..............                ...........               ................. ....

If it is like my problem (and this one REALLY stumped me), have a look at the other hotspots you have in that room, and in particular, which ones are near the object that won't work. Do any of those hotspots/walk behinds etc go all the way to the edge of the room? That was what my problem was. For some reason, the engine just didn't like a hotspot being on any of the pixelks around the very edge of the room. It made everything near it act like a "walk to".

I hope that helps.

Obi-Wan

I'm working on a Label wich says what do I have under my Cursor. (like monkey Island "Walk to XXX")
The Demo Game Has one, but the problem is that it just works with Hot Spot areas, and It don't return Object and Characters names.
I need some help pleas  ???

SillySue

It must just be me, because i have the newest version, and it's never asked me what template I want to use.

I select new game, it asks me what resolution I want, and then nothing.

Can you tell me more...

Scummbuddy

try downloading the newest beta. just curious, what version do you have?
-Hoagie from DOTT

:-\ I downloaded Proskrito's templates, but when I start a new game in agsedit version 2.60.454.0 they don't show up along with the default blank template.

Scummbuddy

where did you place your downloaded proskritos template .agt files?
-Hoagie from DOTT

:-\ Oh, they're .rar files in the same folder as the agsedit. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Mr Flibble

I downloaded the Verb Coin template from the now operational Shimbleshanks, but when I use it, I get an error message about plugins.

So my question is this.
Does anyone know what plugins I need to run this template? If it matters, I have the latest version of AGS.

Scummbuddy

did you unzip it into your ags folder, where your agsedit exe is? did you try and create a new game with the editor?
-Hoagie from DOTT

Mr Flibble

Yes.

But when the editor opens I get an error message about plugins. I think I am missing one that was used to make the template.

Scummbuddy

is there any documentation [notepad or word docs] along with the download or in the zip?
-Hoagie from DOTT

Mr Flibble

Never mind, I downloaded it from the guy who made it's site.
The shimbleshanks one (named Verb Coin in their list) is missing a few files. Some one should tell them.
To get the new download, type "AGS verb coin" without the quotes.

The thing is called OVC (Opensource Verb Coin)
I should point out that it is NOT a CMI template.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk