LucasArts GUI Help Thread (NEW Scumm GUI Available!)

Started by TerranRich, Fri 01/08/2003 06:04:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackpumpkinhead

i am not 100% sure on how to alter this to make the default left click on inventory be lookat
or how to make the "use" button allow you to use inventory items with other things ie. hotspots, characters, other inventory...
currently on an indefinite hold.

abstauber

well, then just move that point down your priority list. That issue shouldn't be a show stopper, just change those lines after you get some scripting experience.

Mati256

Hello, I have tried the GUI and it works fine, but when I try to use higher resolutions it shots the game down or the interface its all messed up.
I want to use it for 640x480.

Also is there a guide on how to create my own Lucasarts GUI from scratch? I remember I had done this before, a couple of years ago, but don´t remember how.

Thanks!
My Blog! (En Español)

abstauber

I've just tried it without a problem on AGS 3.2 Final5.

New Game -> 9VerbMi Style Template -> Global Settings -> Resolution set to 640x480

After that you need to re-import/change the backgrounds in the rooms 1 and 2 because of the resolution change.

Voilá :)

Khris

For me, only converting the resolution to 640x400 works without the layout getting messy.

Mati256

Here is what I mean, in 640x480 the layout is messed up:

And as Khris says, in 640x400 its ok, I didn't knew this!

I think i will just use 640x400.

EDIT:
Another problem while using 640x400, the inventory is messed up:
My Blog! (En Español)

Khris

Open the GUI for editing, then select the InventoryWindow.
In its properties, double ItemWidth and ItemHeight.

Mati256

Quote from: Khris on Wed 30/06/2010 23:37:57
Open the GUI for editing, then select the InventoryWindow.
In its properties, double ItemWidth and ItemHeight.

Thanks Khris, I have decided, after a lot of thinking, I will use the 320x200 resolution.  :-[
My Blog! (En Español)

Mati256

EDITED: Never mind I just found what I needed.
My Blog! (En Español)

Cyrus

I've got the following problem with the DOTT template:
Code: ags

import function GoToCharacterEx(int charid, int chartofollow, int direction, int xoffset, int yoffset, int NPCfacesplayer, int blocking)
int playerchar,charidx,charidy,playerx,playery;
  if (charidwhogoes!=GetPlayerCharacter() && blocking==2) blocking=0;//npcs cant perform semi-blocking actions
  playerchar=charidwhogoes;
  charidx=character[charidtogo].x;
  charidy=character[charidtogo].y;
  playerx=character[playerchar].x;
  playery=character[playerchar].y;

The error is in the first line, which is line 599 in the actual script:
"Variable 'GoToCharacterEx' is already defined"

abstauber

Well, first of all I'd suggest to use the new template and replace the graphics in case you need the DOTT verb graphics.

It will be hard to get support for this outdated and unmaintained template ;)

To answer your question: You don't need to import this function in the main script, as this should be done in the script headers.

So if you add braces and remove the import, you should be fine better ;) But please consider using the 9-Verb GUI or a recent maniac mansion starter pack.

thomasjames

I just got the  GUI recently. well, it runs for me. but i cant seem to make the commands work. any thoughts on this?
Hey, you look awful in your picture profile, it might need retouch.

Ghost

Quote from: thomasjames on Wed 11/05/2011 16:59:31
I just got the  GUI recently. well, it runs for me. but i cant seem to make the commands work. any thoughts on this?

Please be a bit more precise- what commands, and how do they not work? Trouble making commands in-game (look at x), or trouble using scripting commands?

And a happy welcome to the forums, by the way  ;)

Khris

Also, I assume you're using the 9verb GUI included with AGS, right? (Since you wrote you had "got" it).
Its official thread is here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=38874.0

The separate download includes a documentation.

Jackpumpkinhead

i don't know if this has something to do with the latest version of AGS
but i keep getting an error when i go to the options of the game and try to change the music volume
it says something like

"-1 is not possible" or something
ill post a pic or something later of the actually wordage
currently on an indefinite hold.

abstauber

yes, that would help :)
And please post the template version as well.

You could also look for the sliders in gOptions and check minValue and maxValue.

Edgar_España

First, pardon by my English… I am Spanish. I have the same problem that a user, called Adrian , to change the graphs of the GUY of 9 verbs… As I speak rather badly English, I copy its message to you:

(((I have to problem which should sees quit simple to solve, I hope: For I tried to exchange the grafics the Lucas art GUI' s Buttons with my own ones (same size), which worked fine in the GUI area of AGS. But running the game, the original Buttons plows still there. Did I miss something? Greets! Sorry, stupid problem solved. Just changed " translate GUI action buttons" in global script. Now everything is fine! : -))

I understand that the problem is fixed modifying something in the global Script… I found the line in that it is spoken of " " translate GUI action buttons" " , but not what to do… What I must make exactly to solve it? Help me, please! And it tries to explain it of a simple form because I will have to translate your answer with a translator, and do not go very well… THANKS!

Khris

Spanish is already built in, open guiscript.asc in the Scripts node, and in line 15 it says
(El español es ya integrado, abierto guiscript.asc en el nodo de secuencias de comandos, y en la línea 15 que dice)

int lang = eLangEN;

Just change that to:
(Sólo cambia que a:)

int lang = eLangES;

Edgar_España

Ok, that's good!!
But my main problem is to change the graphs. Explanation: First, I open  the tree of GUYs. Later, I beach option 2, called dMaingui. There they appear the graphs of each button. I choose, for example, the button " Pick up" , and in " properties" , option number 3: Image, I select the three points (...) to change the image. There position a Sprite mine, to change to the image " Pick up" by defect, another one " Pick Up" that I have done previously. In the image of the GUY, the button changes, but later, when position the game. The Pick Up by defect follows there…. I have only obtained that the option appears my image changing " Pushed image" … and if, when pulse, appears the image that I wish, but that is not worth! Then, my problem is to change that image of the button, with my own image…
Pardon by my English evil! And thanks!

Khris

At the start of the game, the button images are set automatically, according to the language that was set.
To edit the sprites, export them from the Sprite manager, edit them, then import over them.

You can find them here: Sprites -> MainGUI -> es

Another way: open Scripts -> guiscript.asc, then search the function AdjustLanguage().
In there, look for the Spanish block, then change the numbers.

SetActionButtons(eGA_GiveTo, "a_button_give    0  6    11  Qq");

6 is the normal image, 11 the active one.

----

Al comienzo del juego, las imágenes de botón se ajustan automáticamente, en función del idioma que se estableció.
Para editar los sprites, los de exportación desde el gestor de Sprite, editarlos, a continuación, importe por encima de ellos.

Usted puede encontrar aquí: Sprites -> MainGUI -> es

Otra forma: abierta Scripts -> guiscript.asc, a continuación, buscar la AdjustLanguage() function.
De allí, buscar el bloque español, a continuación, cambiar los números.

SetActionButtons (eGA_GiveTo, "a_button_give 0 6 11 Qq");

6 es la imagen normal, 11 el que está activo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk