LucasArts GUI Help Thread (NEW Scumm GUI Available!)

Started by TerranRich, Fri 01/08/2003 06:04:47

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

I follow this one too from time to time, but I'm afraid I forgot to reply  :-[

FormosaFalanster

Hello - after toying with different ideas I decided to give a go to the Lucasarts 9 verbs template. Now this may be a silly question but, what is the best way to "reset" it? I mean, when you create the template there is already two rooms, two character, and various items. I am concerned that if I start deleting them to put my own game elements it may screw up the GUI. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start messing with this?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: FormosaFalanster on Wed 16/09/2020 12:18:49
Hello - after toying with different ideas I decided to give a go to the Lucasarts 9 verbs template. Now this may be a silly question but, what is the best way to "reset" it? I mean, when you create the template there is already two rooms, two character, and various items. I am concerned that if I start deleting them to put my own game elements it may screw up the GUI. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start messing with this?

GUI is usually made in a way to be separated from actual game objects, rooms, inventory items etc. Essential parts are GUI panels themselves and related script module(s).

FormosaFalanster

Thanks, in this game I will try to generate a new game with the template, clean up the pre-existing game, and put my own elements. Thanks!

Reave

I would like to make a game with this template.

I have two doubts: it's been a long time since the first message, is it necessary to install the proskitos template or the one that comes with the game is already ok?

Another doubt: I would like to use a bit strange resolution for my game: 1024x1024 for the "game space" and a bit more to make way for the classic Lucas Arts menu. I thought about putting 1024x1024 but the menu is placed on the background.

I thought then to put 1024x1100. My logic was that if I put more spaco below, the menu will go on the bottom but the menu doesn't seem to move. Is there an option to place the menu that I haven't seen?

Sorry if my English is not very good.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Reave on Thu 26/10/2023 20:24:58I would like to make a game with this template.

I have two doubts: it's been a long time since the first message, is it necessary to install the proskitos template or the one that comes with the game is already ok?

Erm, this is an ancient thread, and frankly I'd suggest that it should be locked and unpinned, and a new sticky thread made if necessary with up-to-date info.

The newest module version that comes with AGS is called "Tumbleweed Verbs" (a parody on "Thimbleweed Park" game) and its thread may be found here:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/modules-plugins-tools/template-tumbleweed-verbs-1-4/

Khris

Quote from: Reave on Thu 26/10/2023 20:24:58Another doubt: I would like to use a bit strange resolution for my game: 1024x1024 for the "game space" and a bit more to make way for the classic Lucas Arts menu. I thought about putting 1024x1024 but the menu is placed on the background.
I thought then to put 1024x1100. My logic was that if I put more spaco below, the menu will go on the bottom but the menu doesn't seem to move. Is there an option to place the menu that I haven't seen?

I would suggest 960x1080, that way it at least matches Full HD vertically.
To move a GUI, change its "left" and "top" properties.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk