Jibble

Author Topic: LucasArts GUI Help Thread (NEW Scumm GUI Available!)  (Read 169294 times)

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Knight
  • still mowing the lawn
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: LucasArts GUI Help Thread (NEW Scumm GUI Available!)
« Reply #560 on: 02 Apr 2019, 21:11 »
I follow this one too from time to time, but I'm afraid I forgot to reply  :-[

« Reply #561 on: 16 Sep 2020, 12:18 »
Hello - after toying with different ideas I decided to give a go to the Lucasarts 9 verbs template. Now this may be a silly question but, what is the best way to "reset" it? I mean, when you create the template there is already two rooms, two character, and various items. I am concerned that if I start deleting them to put my own game elements it may screw up the GUI. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start messing with this?

« Reply #562 on: 16 Sep 2020, 12:34 »
Hello - after toying with different ideas I decided to give a go to the Lucasarts 9 verbs template. Now this may be a silly question but, what is the best way to "reset" it? I mean, when you create the template there is already two rooms, two character, and various items. I am concerned that if I start deleting them to put my own game elements it may screw up the GUI. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start messing with this?

GUI is usually made in a way to be separated from actual game objects, rooms, inventory items etc. Essential parts are GUI panels themselves and related script module(s).
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2020, 12:36 by Crimson Wizard »

« Reply #563 on: 16 Sep 2020, 12:42 »
Thanks, in this game I will try to generate a new game with the template, clean up the pre-existing game, and put my own elements. Thanks!