Stray Dog: Programmer/Scripting Wiz wanted for Film Noir game.

Started by Golgo13, Sun 25/12/2005 22:39:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Golgo13

Hello, every mother's child, and Merry Christmas. I hope this is the right place to post this.

Ã,  Ã, I have started a game called "Stray Dog," and I have come to realize that I am in way over my head programming-wise. Story and sprite-wise, I'm pretty much set (May not be very pretty, but it works).
Ã,  Ã, The game I am making is a throwback to old Film Noir pictures, but with my own sensibilities added into it. I also decided to make it in Black and white and unapolegetically existential and depressing.
Ã,  Ã, 
Ã,  Ã, Title: Stray Dog

Ã,  Ã, Story: Setting: Prohibition era New York.
Ã,  Ã, Clark is a private eye. He is also a destitute drunk and an amnesiac. His only friend in the world is a sassy fellow amnesiac who wears a red dress, Sally. Sally helps Clark by getting him jobs, and Clark drinks to try to remember who he is.
Ã,  Ã, The story mainly deals with finding out whether or not Clark used to be a nefarious serial killer in his former life.
Ã,  Ã, After a small introductory adventure, Clark is summoned to a seedy nightclub just outside Harlem by the broadway tunesmith, Andy Firelli (Think of him as an evil Cole Porter or Noel Coward). Andy wishes to hire Clark to Kill a man, A former mob Boss named Smith. Clark protests at first, but Andy makes it worth his while by promising information about Clark's past. Clark agrees to go.
Ã,  Ã, Clark goes to the Compond of Boss David Smith, sneaks past the gaurds, and confronts the boss. You either kill him or you don't, but either way, all Andy gives you is one name: Joe Salazar. Clark manages also to take a gander at Andy's adress book to ask some of his contacts about it.
Ã,  Ã, After that, Clark starts hoofing around the city, meeting people and seeing what they know. He eventually comes the the possibility that he himself may be Joe Salazar, a ruthless serial killer with a taste for torture.
Ã,  Ã, Things come to a head, and various truths are revealed. Going any further would spoil the ending.

Ã,  Ã, Of course, the above is just what I can say without spoiling things.

Ã,  Ã, Now, this is where you come in.Ã,  I need somebody who enjoys coding in the AGS system, and (Optionally) enjoys old Black and White movies. This is my first game, so I hope you don't mind Newbishness. This story has been whirring around in my head for over a year now, and AGS has finally given me aÃ,  way to unleashe it on the world.

If you are interested in joining this game, please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

And if this is not where I should post this, please tell me. I'm new here.

<3 ~ Golgo13

Elliott Hird

I'm pretty good at scripting if i do say so myself - interesting story. PM me.

Darth Mandarb

Not the right place ... There's the ACR Thread for just this sort of thing!

You'll get a better response in there anyway ... because more people will read that thread and this one will slowly fade off into nothingness ...

Good luck!

Candle

Elliott Hird

(actually, me and him have got another game on the go now, this is delayed, etc. etc., this can be locked)

m0ds

If you're able to provide any kind of inspiration or currently made stuff for it like screenshots, music, anything that gives us a little more indication of progress than an "idea" then this thread may stand-alone. But as Mr Mandarb says, requests like this belong in the ACR thread :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk