Rise from the Abyss!

Started by Barbarian, Mon 26/12/2005 16:11:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbarian

Hi guys. Just a quick update to say that I'm making steady progress on this project during the last few weeks.

As of today (September.20.2006 my time), I'd say that this game is approximately 65% completed.

I'm working on some of the "Zombie Fighting" sequences at the moment, and have good progress made on "Chapter Two" of my game.

Cosmo: Good to know that my first little "Elevator" game scared ya! That was the intent I was going for. And yes, this game will be MUCH scarier... I'm making it, and during some of the play-testing it even scares the crap outta me!Ã,  Ã, Be sure to have a spare pair of underwear handy before playing this one!Ã,  ;)Ã,  I think this game might cause some people a sleepless night or two. Heheh!

Calacver: Thanks for the motivation. Nice to know there's a few of you out there eager to see my game in action. It almost feels like"hard work" sometimes making this project, but, I think the end result will be worth the time and effort I'm spending on this.

PS: I might put up another screen-shot or something in the near future.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

CosmoQueen

I'm so not playing it at night!!! LOL
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

i k a r i

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Wed 20/09/2006 00:08:51
I'm so not playing it at night!!! LOL

Me neither...

I couldn't even play Trilby Notes at night...
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

CosmoQueen

LOL Me neither! I haven't even finished it yet. I had to take a break!

Quote from: i k a r i on Wed 20/09/2006 05:23:15
Me neither...

I couldn't even play Trilby Notes at night...
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Barbarian

Greetings once again Adventurers.Ã,  :)

Just to let you all know that I'm still working on this project and slowly making more progress.

Unfortunately other things in life have been keeping me fairly busy lately, so I've not had as much spare time to work on this project as I want. But, still, I am little-by-little still making progress.

Some of the "Zombie chase & fighting sequences" are shaping up nicely.

Also, with the wonderful help and work of fellow AGS member, "RedBlob", they've been so great in providing me with some fresh characters that I'll be including into this game as well.Ã, 

Check out a snap-shot of one of the new Zombie characters provided by RedBlob. Heheh, gotta like the tie, it's a nice touch.

Currently at the time of this posting, I'd say overall progress is around the 68% mark. Not sure if I'll be able to finish the game by the end of the year (which I'm hoping), but I'll see how things shape up.

Oh yes, for best effect, you should play this game late at night with the lights down low and the sound turned up a bit. It'll be guaranteed to scare da crapp outta ya!Ã,  ;)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

thewalrus

Awesome looking zombie!! Keep up the great work!!! I'm really looking forward to the realese of this game.......(among many, MANY others)

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

nemis

loooks fine but wich graphic tools you used to create ambient room called Elevator

ShadeJackrabbit

The only time I will be able to play this game is on Christmas day at 1:00 PM surrounded by 6 friends and lots of fluffy teddy bears when I'm 18.

...That's really good for a horror game. Trust me.

gypsysnail

Lol Zapper, that is so cute, teddies around you to cuddle during the scary game ;). May I ask, your bday on xmas day? I remember getting games for xmas many times and playing on it, ignoring my relatives (sorry rellies!) :P but I am sure they understood! :D

Barbarian, I am really looking forward to playing your game!! It has been added to my wish list of games to play! :) Even if the graphics were ripped, I think it'll be a great game cos you are going to give us the playing experience that I reckon is worth it :).
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

ShadeJackrabbit

No, my birthday is in the summer. But I honestly mean what I say. I couldn't finish 5 days a stranger because of a glitch and because it scared my socks off. (Voodoo doll on a stick part, I had to quit.) I really like these kind of games, but I just don't have the guts. (Luigi's Mansion at nights with the lights off can scare me.) I really hope I have the guts by the time this thing is released to play it, without 2 minute bathroom breaks. It looks easy 10.

Barbarian

Greetings once again Gargoyles 'n Garboyles!

I know, I know, I've been a slacker lately and you're probably wonderin' "Is dat lazy Barbarian still makin' dat kool lookin' Abyss game?"

And to answer you: "YES! I still be slavin' away making it."

Though, I admit I've not put in as much time & effort on it this last couple of months due to other stuff going on in life... But still, some more progress has been made.Ã,  Unfortunately, as things go, there's no way I'll be able to get it ready for completion by the end of this year (which I was originally hoping for).
But no worries, I've not given up on this project and I WILL get it done. Though for now I can't promise any estimated time of completion untill I'm near the finishing line (still, I am tentatively hoping for within the next few coming months sometime, I'll see how things go).

Well, to wet your whistle again in more anticipation, here's another snap-shot of a loverly new Zombie character as provided by the wonderful members "RedBlob":

The "Zombie Chase / Fight" scenes are shaping up nicely now, though a few kinks & special-effects to work out yet.

Ã,  Ã, Thanks again for all the comments everyone. It helps to inspire me to keep going.Ã,  Ã, And yes, better get those cuddly-teddy-bears ready to protect ya when you play this game, you're gonna need it.Ã,  ;)Ã,  Zapper: Maybe I'll send ya a special early "Beta" version for a Christmas gift. heheheh.

ShadeJackrabbit

Beta? Christmas Gift? Uh oh... and christmas was supposed to be happy. New zombie looks good, but the skirt looks a bit too... new. I'm sure it would work, but you might wanna think about that.

Iv4n

Just coming to say woah! This project looks quite awesmoe! Really looking forward to it :).

Barbarian

Greetings once again mighty Adventurers.

Just to let you know that I'm still working on this project.
I took a little break from it for a few weeks, but now I'm getting back into it.
As of this posting (Jan.21.2007 my time), I'd say overall project completion is at around 72%.

Still slowly making progress, but I think if I can keep at it regular in my spare time then it may be close to completion after a couple more months or so.

I wanted to ask if there's any of you graphically / artistically gifted AGSers out there that may be interested to help me in making a new set of icons for the action GUI (the standard Walk, Look, Hand - Interaction, Talk, Inventory, Current Item, Save, Load and Info), as well as making according action pointers for the mouse for selected modes.   My game is in 800 x 600 resolution mode.  You can see from the previous screen-shots of my game of the look / style of the graphics for the game, so something that could match nicely would be welcome.

Also, perhaps in the near future I'll be looking for some Beta-Testers. Though I must warn that the download will be fairly sizable (not sure of what the  Beta zipped size will be when it's ready, but it will most likely be around 70MB or more).  So, if any of you may be interested to be a Beta-Tester for this game (and have a high-speed connection or are very patient in downloading), then let me know and I'll keep you in mind for when that phase is ready.

Thanks.

Nikolas

Don!

Welcome once again to these places!

Glad to hear the project is going ok. Wish I could help you graphicaly, but I suck (and I have proven it to you ;))

But: I can help with the Beta testing. Because it's ONE HECK OF A GAME already (I've played act I, everybody).

So keep me in mind. 70 Mb would take around 5-10 minutes of download time, which is rubbish for me. Don't worry for it... ;). Plus this 72% (how on earth do you guys make these numbers? I mean in TFE game, I just told Lemmy and binky to put in 30% in music, but not really idea if it's 20% or 40%... :p whoops... shouldn't have said that probably ;D)

Barbarian

Nik: Hey, thanks man. Knew I could count on you.Ã,  ;DÃ,  And of course, thanks for the nice comments about my game. It's come a long way since that early Alpha version I let you try before.

But yeah, coming up with these % numbers, basically I take my best "guessimation", errr, estimate. I have in mind what I'd like to include in my overall game and what I can realistically do (I have the whole story and other details pretty much worked out), then from there I have a rough idea of where the overall completed project is at. Plus remember I've also worked on a few other AGS projects as well so I have experience in guessing where I'm at percent-wise in completion. So the 72% is not an exact figure.. Heck, it could be more like 60% or 80%... but I try to pick a rough ball-park figure of somewhere between a low and high estimate.Ã,  ;)

So, any more victims, errr, I mean volunteers I can tentatively put down on my Beta-Testers list?Ã,  Still may be a little early to ask for Beta-Testers, but I'm close to the finishing stretch now and thought I'd get prepared.

And, if any of you might want to have some part in helping me with my project in any way, feel welcome to contact me with your ideas & suggestions andÃ,  perhaps we can work something out.

Gord10

I'd be interested in Beta Testing.

By the way; I have just seen this:
I can't wait for the "Zombie Chase / Fight" scenes!
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

esper

Now I'm sure I'd like to Beta test!
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Barbarian

Greetings Adventurers!

'Tis I, the mighty Barbarian. Iiii aammmm baaack!  :)

Yeah, I know, I know, it's been ages since I've been around these parts.
What can I say? I was kidnapped by a group of Cthulhu cultists for a while.
Well, you know how it goes, sometimes life gets in the way of life.
I had other things going on for a while that kept me away, but now I'm missing AGS and the gang here, and thought I'd now dust off my old "Abyss" project and continue on with it. 

Wow, it's already been 2 years since I first started working on this project. It's come a long way since then, I'd say currently around 75% completed, though I did have it "on hold" for the last while.

So, would any of you still be interested in seeing this project completed and released?  If so, I'll get back into working on it and try to finally get the whole thing together.

Nikolas

Welcome back Don!

You know it, but I would like to see the abyss completed! The first part that I played looked mighty and professional and awesome! So bring it on baby! :D I'm sure that scorposer will also be eager to keep on working on the music and if you need a beta, you know where to look! ;)

Welcome back my friend!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk