Looking for Chris

Started by theatrx, Sat 31/12/2005 04:43:54

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Nope, sadly, luckily - however you look at it - only Chris can modify the engine :) Only Chris can decompile your games and rip your graphics, too! Oh the power that man has! :O

MrColossal

He can't decompile games anymore, not since some new version.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

m0ds

Really? Darn! Well, there goes another era!

esper

Quote from: Mr Flibble on Sat 31/12/2005 16:50:11
Quote from: theatrx on Sat 31/12/2005 04:43:54
Chris... what I'm asking is... I have photographers...

:=

He also said "I will reply... with favours." Damn. And he's dressed like a Chippendale guy.
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Haddas

Quote from: m0ds on Sat 31/12/2005 17:42:31
Really? Darn! Well, there goes another era!

And another one dawns...

Tiki

Goodness me!  How many copies of Fatman and Ghostlady's game were distributed?

Haddas

Uh. Like a gabillion. Which is why everyone uses ogg vorbis nowadays

Nikolas

I didn't know THAT about MP3! Shit!

Ok! Yippy for ogg then! and vorbis! Yeah!

About my previous post and squniky: I was wrong. it is mny fault. I hadn't seen the welcome page of adventuregamestudio for a long time and I did remember something about license. But it was license terms and not fees. My fault! I have no idea! Cross out my previous post!

But I do remember mOds (I believe) with his real life venture thread mentioning something about 10% for CJ or something. I'm not sure. I don't really know. But I guess that if someone is going to make money from AGS CJ should be paid, no?

evenwolf

--edit--

eric,  so older games may still be decompiled and their files (bgs, sprites, midis) extracted?
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Czar

Quote from: Pesty on Sat 31/12/2005 10:48:14
If CJ wanted to make money off of AGS, he would've already. He's had more than enough chances in doing so. Many forum members have said that they would be willing to pay for AGS and have even offered to donate money to him as thanks, and he's always refused it.
Now, I'm Pesty and I'm awesome, so I CAN speak for Chris, and I know for 100% super fact that he will be uninterested in your offer, however potentially lucrative it is. But if you don't believe me, you can wait until January 4th to hear it from him.

What I think theatrx is asking is maybe having CJ doing a special version only for himself, and I don't think CJ should ban that kind of idea immediatley.
Although that could make a confusion with the free version having the same features in the future, but i think theatrx shouldn't mind on us having them for free. After all he got what he requested, and he got it first.

And also, about the source code, i think CJ lent it to another person when the linux port was being made.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

MrColossal

I... Think so evenwolf...

He said that with the new AGS he can't decompile but if he still has the old utility for older games, don't see why not...
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

jetxl

Okay, so I snuk into the Bat cave© and translated the message using the Bat computer© and came to the conclusion that Theatrx wants CJ to program promotial games for buzinesses.

There are two reasons why this won't happen.

1: Theatrx, your post is unclear, You use '...' 41 times, you even say that you are a "smchuk" and your only input in this bussines venture is "I want a simple 'Look at my business'' kind of approach... nothing hard."
Things that doesn't make people want to trust you, especially when money is involved. No harm in asking though.

2: Now, I can't speak for Chris, and I'm not claiming that I know CJ just because I met him in real life, but CJ isn't interested in money or games. He has said this several times in interviews and in person. He never aksed anyone for sprites for a game or even money to pay for the forums. And that shareware joke proves that CJ has no intention of making AGS not freeware anymore.
[size=0](plus, he's ashamed of what we represent)[/size]

Pumaman

theatrx, I'm not at all clear about what you're asking.

Are you asking if you can pay money to get new features implemented in AGS?

Or are you asking me to script a game for you?

Either way, I'm afraid the answer is no. I don't have any interest in working on AGS from a commercial point of view ... I simply don't have the inclination to devote that amount of time to it.

QuoteHe can't decompile games anymore, not since some new version.

To clarify, I can no longer properly decompile the game, but of course it would be possible to "decompile" and extract the graphics, since they have to be there in order for the game to display them ... SCI Decoder and SCUMM Revisited aren't magic wands!

MrColossal

* MrColossal breaks CJ's fingers

To clarify, he physically CAN'T decompile the games anymore...

Andail

Great, Eric, who's gonna update the engine now? And who's gonna prepare my tea?

Ishmael

Eric, maybe?

Oh wait, he's too busy washing my socks.

Oh wait, all my socks are washed for the next thirty years, thanks to time traveling...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

simulacra

Who is this Chris character?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh. Have you noticed, Simulacra, you've posted *exactly* the same thing Darth had posted, word for word? :)

In answer to your question, he's Jesu Chris. He made the one program to rule them all, and ate the onion ring to bind them (or some foolishness of the sort).
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Pumaman

Quote from: simulacra on Tue 10/01/2006 16:30:10
Who is this Chris character?

Just some loser who hangs around here because he hasn't got any friends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk