Bob Goes Home Deluxe - by mozza

Started by mozza, Sun 01/01/2006 02:35:00

Previous topic - Next topic

mozza

Bob Goes Home Deluxe Production Thread

I made an AGS game named Bob Goes Home last year and thought it was an okay idea but the graphics and sound and pretty much everything were missing. So I decided I would team up with sportyjay again to draw some even better graphics and get this Deluxe version going. Not long after I had released Bob Goes Home a member of this forum named Krysis kindly offered to "help out" with Bob Goes Home Deluxe. This "helping out" involved spending a lot of time and drawing all of the graphics by himself, leaving a lighter load for me and an even lighter load for sportyjay. So I would like to thank Krysis for everything that he has put into this game.

Okay, enough chit-chat. Here is the game.

You are Bob.
Your main mission in life is to vandalise a school for some reason. Only problem is... you'll have to play to find out!

Bob's House

Outside School

Biology classroom

Production Overview
Graphics - 100%
Animation - 100%
Scripting - 95%
Sound/Music - 0% (need help!)
Storyline - 100%

Bob Goes Home Deluxe - 57%

Release Date - Hopefully February/March, but other than that, when it's done.

Production Diary: (my time)

02/01/2006
I have conducted a sickness, not too bad, hopefully will get over it soon. Scripting has been coming along nicely, doing a bit each day. Haven't gotten around to animating any more, becuase I don't have a lot of time to work solidly.

09/01/2006
After some help in the Beginner's Tech forum I have done some more scripting. I have recovered after being fairly sick and have been steadily scripting some each day. All the members of the team have now got signature pictures which I compiled for us in MSPaint. I am looking at getting stuck into animating in the second half of this month, and getting as much scripting as I can done until then.

13/01/2006
Aaarrggghhh! My computer has been playing up lately. I feared I had lost everything because it didn't recognise the hard drive, so I fixed it, and now just today I have a "System file missing or corrupt". :'( :'( Luckily I backed everything up after the hard drive problem and before the system file problem. Progress has been halted for the time being until I can manage to overcome this stupid piece of crap I sometimes call a computer. I am saving up to buy a new computer but I will see how far I get before I can't handle it anymore. ::) Oh well, back to trying to fix everything up and trying to not have a nervous breakdown.

16/01/2006
I formatted up my hard drive and re-installed Windows and everthing so I can return to working on the game. I haven't done any more scripting since last time, and I have been looking around at computers that aren't too expensive but will still serve my purpose. I don't think I will get a lot done for a while now, though, because my sister is home from overseas with my 4 month old niece that I haven't seen before. I haven't seen my sister for about 2 years, so there is a lot of catching up to be done.

24/01/2006
I have been doing a bit more scripting, and have had a few ideas on sound and music. Too bad I really can't for the life of me make any sound effects or music, and don't know where to find any. Just finished getting my computer back on track with all of my programs.

15/02/2006
Lately I have had a few problems getting the internet to work on my computer, so have not had a lot of time to work on Bob Goes Home. At one stage I even thought of abandoning the game, but realised how much work Krysis, sportyjay and I have put into it. And I'm sure that some people were actually eagerly awaiting this game like those who have posted below. I went back and did a fair bit of scripting yesterday, and I hope to have all of the scripting done by the end of the week. I would really appreciate it if someone with some musical talent could please PM me if they have some spare time and could make some music for me. Thanks a lot to whoever can help me.

23/02/2006
I have been working hard on Bob Goes Home Deluxe, and as a result have finished off and fixed some errors in the scripting and done almost all of the animations in the time of about 1 week. Now all I need is sound effects and music.

05/03/2006
I have been talking to some friends at school and they seem to think that music and sound isn't all that important. So I have decided to not worry about them yet, and instead I am starting to PM some people about beta testing!

Enjoy! Now it's time for feedback!

JRock

Looks like a blast!!!  := 
Can't wait to play it!

Where can I find the original?  Just interested.

mozza

Quote from: JRock on Sun 01/01/2006 03:15:37
Looks like a blast!!!Ã,  :=Ã, 
Can't wait to play it!

Where can I find the original?Ã,  Just interested.
Trust me, you don't want to find the original. :P
It's right here.

scourge

the graphics simply rules! well done krysis.

AlbinoPanther

Hey mozza well done.It was a great choice whan you asked a Krysis to do graphic.We played the original and it was fine BUT THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT.So get on work ;D

ThreeOhFour

Yay for krysis. This looks cool. Will look forward to playing it.

Uku

your mission is to vandalise your school ???

sounds like my clasmate who:(hey dont take these ideas their in my game already)
1.Smached a industrial art lamp
2.Threw a chair out from 3 story windov
3.streched a pencil coil string and hlafed into 2 halfs yto squise them into classroom locks
4.he paint our garderob green(belive it or not, ve dont have oen "cabinets" like in american movies)
5.HE screv up our school smoke dectector(1 of a bilion of those in school)
6.He sprayed somekinda text to road form industrial art class to school
7.thee threv a flower pot town of stairs
8.he p**d(uR1|\|3D) on industrial art teachers desk
9.smashed(again) one of our fire-button(a red box with text "brake glass and press here><"but there are no glass, its all plastic?!  ;D)

actualy.... i dont want to do game thats main figure has so retarded brain....(not saiing you games main character is but jea that "classmate"seems to have no brain)

so if u want to add dunno 2 capter use these.. um..am... things?... vandalism acts!
PS!sorry for my english.

ManicMatt

I do like the style this game has, right down to the mouse cursor icons!

The school looks kinda tiny though?

Sinister

heheh, this game reminds my of so many cool little games, i enjoy this style of art very much, and its quite unique.

I really hope you do finish this game and that it packs a punch.

Good Luck, and keep doing your hard work.

mozza

Hey there people, I have updated the first post with the latest details. Please take note of the need of musicians with spare time, or if anyone could point me towards a good source for music and sound effects.

Barbarian

Your project seems to be shaping up nicely. Graphics/Art is much improved over the original. I look forwards to playing it.
Keep up da good work man!  :)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

AlbinoPanther

Mozza great to hear that you are doing well.As for the computer problems don't worry and do as you done before back up is a Saint we tell you.We backed up our comp more than everybody in the world.For some reason it crashes every month.Now stop to offtopic talk.

Bob goes ome deluxe will be realy good you have some neat story filled with LOL there.And with Krysis's graphics and sportyjaj's help Bob will kick assÃ,  8)

You are doing animationsÃ,  ;)Ã,  that is so goodÃ,  we didn't know that before.Keep it up and pm us about game and life if you wantÃ,  :)

QuoteAnd I'm sure that some people were actually eagerly awaiting this game like those who have posted below
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

LD[/b]

Stefan Z

Quote from: mozza on Tue 14/02/2006 23:28:31
Please take note of the need of musicians with spare time, or if anyone could point me towards a good source for music and sound effects.

Hey Mozza.

My first post on the forum. I downloaded AGS two years ago, never did anything with it, but I recently downloaded version 2.71 and am now totally motivated to make my own game (again). This time for real!

Anyway, to come to the point, I'm pretty good at writing music (not at sound effects btw, can't you find any good ones on www.findsounds.com?) so if you still need music, contact me.

Chris

mozza

Beta testing time! See top post.
Finally it has all come together.

Afflict

Ok skin me alive for digging this up. There was like 5% of scripting left, what happened?

Edit : *Slaps Forehead* Never mind I just woke up and need coffee.

Snake

Mozza, if you're still around and you want to unlock this to respond with an update, please let me/Darth know so we can unlock it :)

*Aflac!*

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk