The Station demo!!!!!!!

Started by td, Mon 02/01/2006 16:19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

td

At laaast!!!...
I complete my demo. Sad story... mystic quest.

If someone interested - WELCOME

http://thestation.nm.ru

Thanks to:
Esper and Ashen!!!

Gord10

Err, shouldn't you have started this topic in Games in Production?
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Elliott Hird

*ahem* darth? where's the two you-know-whats?

Ashen

I'd have to say "Wrong forum" - to td and to Elliott (Darth only hands out the lockings in GiP, and there's no screenshot requirement here. Yet.)

td, read teh forum rules - demos don't belong in this forum. Why not, as Gord said, post in Games in Production? However, you'll need to provide screenshots and a better description of the game or Darth will be on to you.

Oh, and you're welcome. What did I do? :)
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

ildu

It's in the 'Completed Game Announcements' forum so it doesn't require the two screenshots. Then again, I'm not sure a demo constitutes a completed game.

Nevertheless, a word to the wise - you should always provide screenshots of the game if it's even just to introduce the game. I don't know about the rest of you, but I, for one, have never downloaded an AGS game without seeing a screenshot of it first.

m0ds

What is this game about? All I know is "the beginning of a sad story" ... Could you give me a round-up of the story in a paragraph? I don't want to download any old sad story.

xenogia

Interesting 1st person adventure game, has sort of a Silent Hill vibe to the whole thing.  Here are some pointers for you:

-- Fix up the grammer in the descriptions
  -- Make the photographs slightly animated, the whole thing feels very static.

But keep the good work anyway, I shall continue to play your demo.

Elliott Hird

I sure hope "grammer" was a joke ;).

td

Ohh sory i wrong with forum? If moderator can - please correct it!

To Ashen:
I don't undarstand where i must put the screenshots of the game and what should i do. :)
Ashen, u help me with codelock script!!!!! Thanks!

To xenogia:
Thanks for explanation!!! U undarstand my idea without hints!  Guess so my diligence was not misspend of time? ...
About grammar: I'm Russian guy, and english not my mother tongue. I learn it my self. So my texts contain mistakes ... even now! :)
About animation: All script things sooo difficult for me! I'm not programmer ...soon just a painter. So...

I know this "Station theme" have potential! But i don't know how can i embody it in life...?

Thank u all!

Corr

This looks like it will be interesting, from what I can see.

A few things:
  • Make sure you have a native speaker edit your script before release.
  • It should be possible to look at/interact with more of the environment.
  • Consider making a map for your own reference; I ran into one scene that didn't seem to lead to the places it should.
I'm a tad confused about the multiple archives, though. I was only actually able to open the first one, but it seems perfectly playable so far..?

td

Corr:
U right! Some scenes have bad ligament with other scenes. But i have not much time for photograph...

It's my hometown station (deep Russia). Looks lonesome, isn't it?

Corr

Again: could you explain the multiple archives? I could only open the first.

ManicMatt

I couldn't even install the first bit, a window with ??????????? came up with the option to either ??????????? or to ????????????

must be something in a language my computer cannot display?

Candle

Corr

Quote from: ManicMatt on Tue 03/01/2006 22:46:25
I couldn't even install the first bit....

Just press enter when you get to that point, should work.

td

Quote from: Corr on Tue 03/01/2006 22:42:06
Again: could you explain the multiple archives? I could only open the first.

Of cause i can!
The server recieve files no more then 5 Mb either. Thereto i think 4 archives is better for slow dial-up.
It's multivolume EXE -archive. U can open the first archive if u download all (4). 4=1

Thank u for spending time all!

td

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk