Brittens 2006

Started by AGA, Mon 09/01/2006 23:10:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

Brighton is a lively town with all the usual attractions of a seaside holiday resort: the shopping is good, The Lanes has unusual boutiques and antiques, and the seafront is a classic of its kind with the Pier still operating (do try the fish & chips there!).

Plus loads of celebrities live here, such as Jordan, Chris Eubank, Brad Pitt, and Spaff! There's also a place called Snoopers Paradise, which is bursting full of old game consoles, old games, and original Game & Watch's for like £10. Also various awesome video game publishers exist in Brighton & Hove, as well as the Headquarters for Idle Thumbs, MixnMojo and probably Eurogamer. Also, Brighton caters for gays and vegetarians. Also also, everybody in Brighton is gorgeous, and it's super sunny, AND it's by the sea. You will have so much fun if it's in Brighton. You may even want to live here! In which case, you can get a job in the various game testing houses and game publishers. What's that? Brighton is the center of all gameliness? Yes I know! It's cool, and relevant!

What's there to do in Wales? NOTHING?

Additionally, Brighton is close to London and Gatwick Airport, and is well connected by air, rail and road. Dutch/French/German/Irish/etc AGS'ers should have no problem reaching Brighton as Easyjet flies cheaply to Gatwick. A train ticket from Gatwick to Brighton costs £7 and takes 20 minutes. Come on.

Brighton is calling you.

You cannot resist it.

Ubel

I'd love to come but it all depends on our money situation... which isn't so good at the moment. :\
Hopefully it's better in summer.

So... I'm in the Maybe-list.

Pet Terry

Quote from: Yutzster on Tue 10/01/2006 13:16:48
There's also a place called Snoopers Paradise, which is bursting full of old game consoles, old games, and original Game & Watch's for like £10.

Okay, that's enough reason for me to consider attending. But seeing that I'm planning to attend Lapaset AND Mittens, I'm only going to Brittens if I can find really cheap flights. Like, REALLY REALLY cheap. Which I doubt though.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Meowster

Alright, name the closest airport to you.

Also the second closest.

Pet Terry

Not the closest, but possibly the cheapest would be in Helsinki (HEL). Second alternative would be Tampere (TMP).
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Meowster

You can fly from Helsinki to London Heathrow for E230 with British Airways.

Or Tampere to London Stanstead for E160 with Ryanair.

:)

(they're return flight prices, including taxes)

Pet Terry

I shall consider! No promises yet though. I've been working for months to earn monies so I can spend them all next summer, but it would be nice if I had something left when (if) I start my studies next autumn.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Disco

I wish to attend Brittens this summer. Around mid-July is good for me, as I will be in Europe for 4-5 weeks up until Mittens. Any earlier and I may need to save loads more money (If couch surfing is out of the equation :P)

Meowster

Girls feel more comfortable in Brighton and therefore it is easier to seduce them.

Miez

Quote from: Yutzster on Tue 10/01/2006 13:16:48
Brighton is calling you.

You cannot resist it.

You're being payed for this, aren't you? ;D

Becky

Aye, sign Adam and I up - on the condition that it is after June 29th and before the end of August :)

(Edit: Don't know when my own exams are ._.)

Sam.

aye, me too. 27th is my last possible exam, and i go on holiday at like the third of august, so i should be able to be there for a coupla days, also, between the 20th of august and the 30th, I'm free.

edit: 27th is my last exam
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Phemar

So ... what's the age limit this time?

scotch

I expect it'll be 16, as per previous Brittenses.

Phemar

Oh cool. If it's after april I could make it. If I had money =(. Awww! Guess I can't come then.

Sam.

which reminds me, ill be driving to brittens, so if any of you (who i know) live on my route (manchester to cardiff) i can give lifts.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Pumaman

I will do my darndest to be there!

Also, we really need to sort out a date for Mittens so that we don't have Brittens too close to it.

Haddas

Just notifying tha Lapaset starts July 1st and officially goes on until the 8th (,however you are free to leave earlier aswell).

Disco

Quote from: Pumaman on Tue 10/01/2006 19:09:59
I will do my darndest to be there!

Also, we really need to sort out a date for Mittens so that we don't have Brittens too close to it.

Yeah, I hear you there. Last I heard Mittens was the last week of August, and I hope Farlander takes that quite literally as August 21-28, as I will miss my first two class periods of that semester if any later than that  :-\.

LimpingFish

QuoteBrighton is calling you.

Maybe so, but if Brittens is held in Wales, we get to stay in AGAs' mansion.

And not tents.  :-\

Providing he still wants weirdos at  his house. I know I would(n't).
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk