Faces

Started by Elliott Hird, Wed 11/01/2006 15:48:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Elliott Hird

ManicMatt

Well... I.. um...

Could you explain in what context they will be used, if anything?

Babar

Hahah! Pretty. Love the 2nd guys pussy eyes. We want more colour!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ishmael

It's a bit too smudgy, so to say... Don't draw lines over each other, and not even connected to each other. Just use solid linework with no crossings or connections. Might look better then.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Elliot...Taking your previous work in the critics lounge into account, I'm wondering if this is something you have put serious work into for feedback or not (which was one of the criticisms you received previously).  If I am wrong I apologize, but all I see right now are a few quickly dragged lines and a bit of color- not unlike your previous effort. 

Helm

Here is my suggestion:

post stuff that you intend to put in an adventure game.
WINTERKILL

ildu

I do see something here. There is potential. You should probably explain what the image is for. If it's a piece of concept art, that's just fine. As Ish said, you need to keep the linework consistent and comprehensive. It just seems that you've started something and it's far from being finished. So maybe you should finish the image, or at least the faces, so you'd have something more critiqueable. Also, you should get some higher resolution software if you wanna draw art. The lines would look much better already if the lines were smooth.

So finish the linework on the faces, make some kind of initial coloring and indicate what you're going for. After that I wouldn't be surprised to see some paintovers, if not even a positive word or two :).

Elliott Hird

Yes, it's concept art. I'll edit this post with more colour soon.

Scummbuddy

No, that is not concept art.

This is concept art.

What you did is scratch work that is really not worth our time. We're not saying you have to be a perfect artist to show work to us,  but what you showed us could be accomplished in mere minutes.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk