For your consideration in the AGS Awards 2005

Started by SSH, Thu 12/01/2006 10:38:24

Previous topic - Next topic

edmundito

I shamelessly submit my own Ben Jordan: Paranormal Warrior Within for the p3n1s award consideration!

Also, please remember about my other games...
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

simulacra

I'd like you to consider Force majeure II: The Zone for the awards.

Best Game The Zone is a very unique game with a vivid feeling of "being there". It has a very comprehensive story, a strong visual style and a full soundtrack. All taken together, the Zone is a full, interactive experience not to be missed.

Best Demo The demo is a short story in it's own right, introducing you to the story and feel of the Zone. The demo to include 3 minutes of introductory video and over 20 minutes of music.

Download demo

Best Gameplay The gameplay in the Zone is not really about what is happening on the screen. There are very few puzzles and very few obstacles in your path to transcendence. The gameplay of the Zone is to figure out what is going on and build your own theory about this new reality, very much like filmmaker David Lynch's works.

Quote from: mnemonicsA fantastically gripping and intelligent storyline had me glued to my computer for the duration of the game . . . or story, I should say. The Zone most definitely leans more towards an interactive story than an adventure game, as puzzles are kept to a minimum throughout. However, the real puzzle is decoding the reality or better yet the surreality around you. And as a result of such a dense, layered, and well thought out story the lack of logic or inventory puzzles did not bother me in the least.

Best Story The Zone has a very rich story with many characters, ranging from the tragic and depressive, to the mystic and obscure. This is more of an interactive graphical novel than a game, unneeded puzzles have been kept to a minimum, and are only present if needed by the story. What the Zone really is trying to do, is to ask yourself: "What is reality? ... and how do I escape it?"

Best Background Art Instead of conforming to the standard looks invented by intrepid adventure game developers like LucasArts and Sierra, the Zone has a unique style based on the suggestive power of the photography. Much of the story is told through the power of the still image, each frame carefully edited and coloured to suggest a certain feeling.

Best Character Art Five sets of costumes were made for the project, which were then shot on location to make them appear as realistic as possible. Several of these costumes can be seen in the screenshots on the game web site.

See screenshots

Best Animation The Zone features several minutes of video footage and full-screen animations, including a live movie set with two actors performing a six-minute ritual.

Best Music One of the most important parts of the Zone is the soundtrack, which is over 70 minutes long. Sad, broken and subtle tunes in the styles of electronica, electro-acoustic and ambient. This is perhaps the most ambitious soundtrack ever made for an AGS game.

Download free tracks here

Best Use of Sound Aside from the music, the Zone has voice acted radio messages with dynamically generated noise. The Zone is also the first adventure game to feature a twenty minute session of binaural beats, a form of psycho-active sound programming that stimulates certain brain frequencies.

Read some exciting reports from people who have played the Zone

Best Player Character The invisible main character of the story has a very interesting identity and a dramatic past to discover.

Best Non-player character The Zone wanderer appears at the beginning of the story and acts as a guide to the mysteries of the Zone. This person seems to know more about the Zone and about you, than you might think.

Best Dialogue Writing The Zone has plenty of long and complex dialogues that go beyond the simple one-liner jokes of many other adventure games. The people you meet are complex, tender and have many stories to tell.

Best Documentation The Zone has a companion web site that is regularly with technical information, such as troubleshooting guides and updates, and in-depth background information on the story of the Zone as well as the project.

Visit web site
Read entry and reviews in the AGS game database

Does this sound good or I am just making this up? You decide.  ;)

proximity

Proximity Entertainment

proximity

Proximity Entertainment

bush_monkey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk