New Banner

Started by jetxl, Wed 04/01/2006 23:24:11

Previous topic - Next topic

magintz

hmm the second image sees a bit... empty
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

vict0r

Quote from: Pumaman on Sat 14/01/2006 14:23:21
However if anyone would like a contribute a Christmas-ised, Halloween-ised, Valentine-ised or any other variations on the right hand banner, they'd be welcome.

Yay! I took the liberty to make an easter banner. You dont have to use it, but i thought i should contribute to the whole makeover thingy. :)

EDIT: Made a .jpg version of it too, seen as the pic is originally .jpg and this way it might look better.

Domino

The new banners look great!! Hope to see many more up there. Good Job!!

Sektor 13

Quote from: vict0r on Sat 14/01/2006 18:19:36
Quote from: Pumaman on Sat 14/01/2006 14:23:21
However if anyone would like a contribute a Christmas-ised, Halloween-ised, Valentine-ised or any other variations on the right hand banner, they'd be welcome.

Yay! I took the liberty to make an easter banner. You dont have to use it, but i thought i should contribute to the whole makeover thingy. :)

EDIT: Made a .jpg version of it too, seen as the pic is originally .jpg and this way it might look better.

Nice pic. But JPG format is not that good as it distorts a picture to some sort, if you look at the original you can see that some parts around the white font has slightly colored pixels, this is distortion you get for saving in JPG, i recommend to use PNG format..

Akumayo

I think waht he was saying is that the actuall AGS banner up there is in JPG format, so he converted his to JPG as well, so the files would match up.
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

vict0r

Yeah! Aku got it right. The first pic is actually .PNG

Gregjazz

Hooray for the random banner! No really, I LOVE it! :)

AlbinoPanther

Here is our contribution to AGS community ;D

version withou cell

LD[/color]

ManicMatt

I really like that one Ljubi! Even if it isn't in sync with the normal banner design, and the mind's eye (?) cell looks tacked on.

But great job! my fave! (If you remove the mind's eye bit, or make it fit in properly.)

AlbinoPanther

Well we think that it look good with cell on the right but if you think that we should change it wait for a few minutes for another version (but maybe not we realy like it this way)

Thanks

LD

ManicMatt

No probs, it's just my opinion anyway.

What does everyone else think? (Try not to make me sound too bad!)

Pumaman

Quote from: LJUBI on Sat 14/01/2006 23:36:05
Here is our contribution to AGS community ;D

Thanks! It has been added to the rotation. :)

Oh, one other thing guys -- could everyone who has submitted a banner please list what games it features. If I can create some sort of tooltip thing for each one then that should stop the inevitable "what games are on the banner" posts from coming up in future :)

AlbinoPanther

can you please update our banner with this one (realy minor changes but it is quite better (cell borders))

And for the games start from the left 7 day's a sceptic, No action Jackson, Apprentice 2, Woodlands (demo), Mind's eye

THANKS

LD[/color]

mozza

I just wanted to say that this is a brilliant idea, and that all of the banners are excellent! ;D I like the way that the cell is overhanging the blue in the background in LJUBI's banner. Sektor's is also great.
I think that rotating was the best way to go, as it shows more games rather than just one set for however long.

If I get time I might throw a banner together, but don't hold your breath.

Kinoko

Man, I love these! The page looks great, and it's nice to get a different look at lots of different games everytime to load it up. I'm really impressed with what people have come up with so far! This just makes browsing the forums all the more fun ^_^

Sektor 13

Hey LJUBI excellent banner, I really like it ! Keep up the good work.

my banner games are:

The Requiem Of Darkness, Indiana Jones and the Crown of Solomon, Stargate Adventure, Nataly Buchannon and the Amulet of Kings

mozza

Is the random banner also going to be put on the bigbluecup home page?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk