Dog pixel art

Started by goldude, Wed 18/01/2006 23:51:11

Previous topic - Next topic

goldude

Mr Jake

Its amazing.  The colour.  The detail.

Could you write us a quick tutorial please?

scotch

Hey, nice pixel art! Ã, I have to question your antialiasing choices though, a few too many colours used I'd say, looks a bit soft. Ã, Plus (obviously) your perspective is off.

I've highlighted a few of the issues below, the green line represents where your horizon line should be, taking into account the angles of the dog's face, and it seems you failed to draw sky above it.Ã,  The magenta lines indicate the perspective lines and point towards the vanishing point, but oh dear! The dog's nose doesn't line up with his tongue?Ã,  A common mistake for beginner pixel artists.Ã,  The blue lines are meant to show the apparent facial proportions of the face, there are numerous issues which I think you'll probably be able to spot yourself. And lastly, in yellow I've pointed out where I think the dog's arms would be, given correct usage of anatomy.

AlbinoPanther

LOL ;D

edit:

see our pixelateds dog we done it in exactly 4 seconds

LD
[/color]

Grundislav

Oh I'm so glad someone posted this! I was a little hesitant to show my latest pixel work, but now I can safely do it without fear!

dasjoe

... it's quite easy being the best.

The Ivy

Now that's just menacing.

Renal Shutdown

"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Domino

Goldude, that dog pixel art is the best work i have seen in the critics lounge. Congrats, you've made my whole day. You should be proud of yourself.

Keep up the good work.  :'(

Squinky

I'm sure that your message box is full of offers to have you do peoples game art. Welcome to the community, it's good to see someone with your fantastic skills arrive....finally....

goldude

Renal Shutdown

Ooh, and this:
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

ScottDoom

Hahaha. I don't know if some of these replies are for real or sarcastic, but obviously the "pixel art" posted above is fake. It's simply a photo resized up with pixel resize, and maybe some other filters and effects.

Domino

Dude, i was so serious about my post, and i'm also santa claus.  :)

Gilbert

Also if it's a small pixel art why did you rescale it to 1314 x 1042 ?
It's awful that it now spans across 2 screens horizontally here with annoying scrolling in posts.

Now this is my pixel art:

Actually I lied, mine's not pixel art, it's just some crappily hacked work from a famous artist!

Kweepa

Quote from: ScottDoom on Thu 19/01/2006 01:07:57
Hahaha. I don't know if some of these replies are for real or sarcastic, but obviously the "pixel art" posted above is fake. It's simply a photo resized up with pixel resize, and maybe some other filters and effects.

Wow, really? That's a serious accusation.
Surely there wouldn't be so many perspective errors if it was a photograph.

I did a paintover:

* fixed far ear (it was round, and the near ear was pointy)
* added whiskers (don't know why you forgot those)
* fixed notch in neck
* made the tongue a more realistic colour
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

MarVelo

Goldude,

Just stop now before everyone HATES you. Even if you are a horrible pixel artist, just try it and we can help you out. Don't think you are cool and that we will be fooled by your photos. We would be fools if we were.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Enough.  This is just ridiculous.  Just because someone posts something inappropriate does not give ANY of you license to make funny edits and clutter up the thread.  I'm locking this until goldude makes an original image and pms me to place it here or can prove to me that this IS an original, hand-pixelled image (which I seriously doubt). 

Please stop replying to threads with questionable content with equally ridiculous content.  Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk