Quake 3 Arena - SERVER OPEN NOW!

Started by mozza, Mon 19/12/2005 09:32:23

Previous topic - Next topic

CheapAlert

maybe me if i bother installing my models
I AM THE STAR TREK ADVENTURE MAKER.

mozza

If you happen to have the version 1.32 of Quake you can install a switcher which you can download here. Just scroll down and look on the right side for a file under the heading "Version Switcher".
The server is called "AGS Server" or "AGS Clan Server". It will not be up all of the time and it is in version 1.30

CheapAlert

1.32 can join 1.30 servers so that's not a problem.

mozza

Ok I can get us a server which runs version 1.30 of Quake 3 Arena. The server will be called AGS Server or AGS Clan Server.
It will be ready at 08:30:00 a.m. Wednesday January 25, 2006 in GMT.

To check your time against this click me.

If you are running a different version of Quake 3 Arena:
Quote from: mozza on Fri 20/01/2006 22:20:57
If you happen to have the version 1.32 of Quake you can install a switcher which you can download here. Just scroll down and look on the right side for a file under the heading "Version Switcher".
Just ensure you have version 1.32 installed before installing the switcher. Also the switcher is not infected at all and works fine with my machine. (I use it regularly.)

Hope to see you there, and any feedback please post here.

EDIT: Found out that the server should be running for 2 hours.

Nikolas

I'm sorry to say, but I'm definately out.

Sorry mozza and everybody. I would love killing (with) you. But alas, too much work to do. No time.

Sorry

Gregjazz

I think I've nearly got Q3 running online... I think I'll have it working tomorrow.

mozza

Just to be sure that you can enter the server and you are on the right version try to connect to "RAVENS Rocket&Rail" server by searching through the list or at the IP of 210.49.189.254
I also recommend the free version of "Yahoo! All Seeing Eye". It lets you see any server any time. Just have Quake 3 Arena on your list and check the box for "Australia" as the server will be in Australia.

Good to hear some people are still willing to give it a go.

n3tgraph

How serious is this quake thing?

I played a lot when I was a few years younger :)
Why not relive that age once more.

In tiny lan parties we always played the xaero level, that's a super level when playing with like 5/6 players!

I strongly suggest that map! :D
* N3TGraph airguitars!

mozza

Quote from: n3tgraph on Mon 23/01/2006 14:35:24
How serious is this quake thing?

I played a lot when I was a few years younger :)
Why not relive that age once more.

In tiny lan parties we always played the xaero level, that's a super level when playing with like 5/6 players!

I strongly suggest that map! :D

My friend is getting his computer ready to run the server, checking settings etc. now. I think it will be great to do something like this, and like you said, I have had fun in the past with my friends playing first person shooters.

I'll talk to him about map rotation, we will probably have a fair few maps in there, no custom maps either.

Also there is the question of do we want just normal Quake 3 Arena, or do we want to play a mod like InstaUnlagged (server makes up for the players lags when they fire), berylium (has modifiers like grappling hook), and what weapons available (I like to play railgun only, but that would really only be ok if we played InstaUnlagged). At the moment I will ask to set it up as normal like you would have when playing single player.

As I said please post your comments and feedback here, otherwise I wouldn't know what to ask him.

BOYD1981

i'd say keep it vanilla, with weapons stay on

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Agent Knight

AlbinoPanther

Hey first of all we have pirated (there is no original in Serbia) copy and version 1.1 (28mb for quake patche on diall up to much) so we will try to connect but  :'(

mozza

My friend has it running. It is called "AGS CLAN SERVER" and has normal deathmatch with no mods and all original maps. IP is "220.245.94.121:27961" so press "~" for console then type "/connect 220.245.94.121:27961" (without the quotation marks) if you can't see it from inside Quake.

I am in there now.

EDIT: Have to go have some food, will be back later to play. (Hopefully) The server is still open and it has 2 bots in there. Please post and say if you are going in.

Gregjazz

My router has closed all ports imaginable.

So besides opening port 27961 I have to figure out which ports PunkBuster uses and whatnot. So much work! And then each time I change something in my router settings I have to wait 60 minutes for it to start up again. I liked my old router better than the one I have now. :(

CheapAlert

mozza

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk