The Family Treasure

Started by scourge, Tue 24/01/2006 19:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

chsma00

After finding the third map I saved and later came back to the game. When I load my game from that point I get an error saying "An internal error has occurred. Please note down the following. If the problem persists please contact Chris Jones.
ACI version 2.70.864

Error run_rep_exec: error -6 (Error: error retrieving pointer: invalid handle in BackgroundSpeech (line 26)
from BackgroundSpeech (line 45)
) running function 'repeatedly_execute_always' "

buloght

Thanks for reporting it :) I've only had trouble with the bacgkroundspeech module, I think it's because I still use the early unfixed version.

I'll try and fix it.

In which room did this happen, the room where you found the third map or did you exit and enter another room?

thanks

edit
I corrected the background speechmodule with the correct version. It shouldn't crash anymore 'background speech' related ... though don't quote me on thatÃ,  ;)

I still have to get the mirror download fixed with the right version ...

Largo LeGrande

Why does this remind me TERRIBLY of Monkey Island 4? On that little shabby island bit with the man with two pirates...

buloght

haha, i assure you it's coincidental. A lot of island beaches looks like that. Don't you believe i did it? It's not the world's best graphics haha, I assure you I did no tracing or whatever you are implying.Ã,  ::)

edit ...  If you don't believe me ...

bbwanab

why does largo legrande remind me TERRIBLY of monkey island 2?

Afflict

ROFL

The last LARGO I met was I liar a cheat and a thug... and he worked for some wierd evil ghost.

Alas I see the resemblance, the coconuts on the beach the kewl swirly clouds the mountians in the background. But the dead give away is that the kewl curvy island in buloght painting resembles the straight beach front in the MI4 one... Umm wait no never mind...

PS: Ah thats it the stars in the sky is definately the indication...

PS2 : I think ill shut up now.

- your humble and obviously not so observant Afflict.

Sythe

I played this right through. It was excellent. I didn't mind that it was about pirates, because it was quite different to monkey island in many ways.

The graphics worked well with the story line. The music was well placed. The puzzels weren't too easy which is GOOD. I absolutely hate playing easy games :)

It was all very well placed. The only thing I got annoyed with was figuring out you had to use the shovel on the map to move the raft. The rest was very well done.

Character interaction was good and the characters had considerable depth for a fan game.

9/10

royals10

This is a great game! I loved the piraty feel and interface, and the option of taking your hook off was pretty neat and original (as far as I know). Good clean backgrounds and logical (for the most part) puzzles. My only criticism is two spelling errors that I saw. I can't remember exactly where they were, but "sais" was used instead of "says", and.......rats, i can't remember the other one...I'll modify this if I can think of it.

I'd consider myself a below average adventure gamer, but I played the game through in about 40 min. It was very enjoyable. Keep up the good work guys!

buloght

sythe: Thanks for the very kind comments :)

royals10: Thanks. I'll try and get them spelling errors out :) I already fixed a couple, but thanks for letting me know, I thought I had gotten all of them.

Michael Beck

For some reason I wasn't able to download this.  The main site didn't respond -- the mirror site gave me a download, but I got the error message "bad zip header" and when I unzipped anyway, the game would not function at all.

Afflict

I can remember a similiar error, however I got past it by using WinRAR, not zip or so I think at least.  :P

Michael Beck

I use IZarc, but I'll try WinRar instead.  Thanks.

Afflict

Ok Michael, I re uploaded the thing to the server so this should of helped it. Not to sure what was wrong with the other. Let me know if the problem persists PLEASE!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk