The Family Treasure

Started by scourge, Tue 24/01/2006 19:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

Damn, IE swallowed my post...
Great game, can't wait for Kludden!

Small bugs:
Spoiler
After getting the lens, you can get it again (and again, and again =)
When I played through it the second time, there was a scene with the captain of the crescent voyage. The first time, the game suddeny ended after they had found the treasure, so I though it had hit a QuitGame() and didn't think of it as a bug.
[close]

scourge

sorry about those bugsÃ,  :-[, i should have beta-tested, but i don't have any more time to spend on this game for now. I do believe bugs put a bit of a damper on a game.

ProgZ: thanks
LJBUI: thanks

I'll fix it and upload an improved version tonight.

Spoiler

Quote from: khrismuc on Wed 25/01/2006 09:56:39
Small bugs:
Spoiler

When I played through it the second time, there was a scene with the captain of the crescent voyage. The first time, the game suddeny ended after they had found the treasure, so I though it had hit a QuitGame() and didn't think of it as a bug.
[close]
[close]
Are you sure you didn't press escape accidentally? I'm pretty there's only one QuitGame called and that's after the ending.

ildu

The game crashed after you get kidnapped and you're hanging by your leg on the palm trees with the error saying something about frame 2 not able to be displayed.

The Last To Know

A great game, I really enjoyed playing it.

Bartimaeus

Quote from: ildu on Wed 25/01/2006 14:57:30
The game crashed after you get kidnapped and you're hanging by your leg on the palm trees with the error saying something about frame 2 not able to be displayed.

Yep had the same problem.
The art is great though, I love it.
;D
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Stefano

About the error on the pirates:
Code: ags

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.70.864)

Error: The character 'Tony' could not be displayed because there were no frames in loop 3 of view 46.

OK   

Nice game, so far! I don't mind the "cliches" at all.  ;)
Trying to make my first AGS game.

ManicMatt

Yeah folks I got that as well so i downloaded the new version bulought uploaded and its works now (Or I was lucky the second time round)

Loved this game! it be great!

ildu

Stefano

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 25/01/2006 18:04:17
Yeah folks I got that as well so i downloaded the new version bulought uploaded and its works now (Or I was lucky the second time round)
Oh, so the new version is already avaliable? I'll check it out...
Trying to make my first AGS game.

scourge

no, the fixed version isn't up yet. I'm uploading it right NOW :)

I apologise, i couldn't find the bug cause i always skip the cutscene since since it work long ago. That's bad of me. Well i finally found it and for those of you with a will to still play (i know i wouldn't, this is horrible game making!) I'll let you know when its uploaded now in a bit ...

JimmyShelter

I just finished it without any bugs. :)

Very nice game! Too short though.

A few puzzles were a bit illogical to me, but most puzzles were logical but not too obvious.

Great graphics, music did get a bit repetitive. Great characters, very funny!

scourge

thanks jimmy  ;D i thought the music was the best part since its the only thing i didn't do  ;)

Okay: I updated the link with a fixed version, to knowledge there are no more bugs ... we'll see for how long  ;)

I also downloaded it again to see if it really works, i went past that part with no bugs. So hopefully i won't have to upload again :)

Sorry. grrr.

Nikolas

Just finished it! Great game!

Funny dialogues, a lot of puzzles (considering it was MAGS) and clever ones too imho...

Cliche, but who cares? Graphics, BGs and sprites were excellent!

Well done!

voh

And another home run! It's not as long as I'd wanted it to be, but the puzzles were nice, the graphics sweet and the dialogue amazing.

You'd better bring us more games, or I'm hunting you down and stealing your brain.
Still here.

scourge

Quote from: Stefano on Wed 25/01/2006 17:53:29
Nice game, so far! I don't mind the "cliches" at all. ;)
:)
Quote from: Nikolas on Fri 27/01/2006 00:45:55
Just finished it! Great game!

Funny dialogues, a lot of puzzles (considering it was MAGS) and clever ones too imho...

Cliche, but who cares? Graphics, BGs and sprites were excellent!

Well done!
Thanks for playing nikolas :)
Quote from: voh on Fri 27/01/2006 15:36:18
And another home run! It's not as long as I'd wanted it to be, but the puzzles were nice, the graphics sweet and the dialogue amazing.

You'd better bring us more games, or I'm hunting you down and stealing your brain.
;D I'll try my best. Thanks for playing and commenting.

Petra

Thank you for fixing the bugs, have tried to download this great game again, but now the download-link does not work for me.

But I really want to play again from the beginning!!!

vict0r

Absolutely great! :D It's just amazing! Except Apprentice I and II, this game and bernies Cedric and the revolution is some of the best ags games i have played! :D :D

scourge

Quote from: vict0r on Sat 28/01/2006 17:44:56
Absolutely great! :D It's just amazing! Except Apprentice I and II, this game and bernies Cedric and the revolution is the best ags games i have played! :D :D
That's quite flattering  :-[ I don't know about that  :P
Quote from: Petra on Sat 28/01/2006 12:38:30
Thank you for fixing the bugs, have tried to download this great game again, but now the download-link does not work for me.

But I really want to play again from the beginning!!!

Thanks petra. I just tried the link and it works for me :)

Traveler

Nice game, I just finished (?) it, but it crashes during the ending, while talking to the captain of the Crescent Voyage. I have the fixed version.

Nice game, though.  :)

scourge

Thanks for playing

The game should stop there, it's not a crash, it's the end of the game, quitgame :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk