Mordy 2: The Mirror of Truth

Started by Mordalles, Tue 31/01/2006 19:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflict

Yip up here in JHB so tell me where they at?

Mordalles

hehe, it seems they played in johannesburg this past weekend. they are playing at Zeplins in Pretoria next.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Afflict

Wow, I am still just in awe with these graphics! And on the upside its huge!
No really, I want a speech pack.

Mordalles

hehe, thanks afflict.
i have been thinking of a speech pack, and i think it would be more trouble than i can handle, since there are sooo many lines of dialogue in the game, which would make it impractical.  :-\

Afflict

I guess your right, the game does spot alot of dialogue and thats just one of its awesome features.

Afflict straightens tie and turns on his salesman charm

But wait if you download now... ;)

Mordalles

since my brother has change jobs, he will no longer be able to download the older version of my game, so i can't make a patch of the game anymore for those who downloaded the game in the 1st week of its release. i am deeply sorry.  :-\
but for those who still hasn't played it, try it.  ;D (yes, i know, shameless)

Afflict

Sorry why do we need a patch?

Mordalles

Quote from: Afflict on Sat 04/03/2006 06:20:22
Sorry why do we need a patch?

oh, the patch was only going to be for the people who downloaded the game in the first week, when there were still about 7 "little" bugs in the game. so that they don't have to redownload 138mb, but only 3mb.

NurseRonnie

Just finished Mordy 2 and it was so great I went back and played the first one....yeah, I know I did that backwards.   ;D  Both really good games, and I hope to see a third!

Mordalles

Quote from: NurseRonnie on Wed 08/03/2006 22:45:22
Just finished Mordy 2 and it was so great I went back and played the first one....yeah, I know I did that backwards.   ;D  Both really good games, and I hope to see a third!

thanks, nurseronnie!  ;D

scourge

Quote from: NurseRonnie on Wed 08/03/2006 22:45:22
Just finished Mordy 2 and it was so great I went back and played the first one....yeah, I know I did that backwards. ;D Both really good games, and I hope to see a third!

there's a mordy 1? I'm gonna play that right now! How'd I miss that ??

Allustar

Finished both Mordy 1 and Mordy 2 respectively.
Awesome games.
The second one is the best though.. ;)

Although there are still a few bugs in this version (the newer one)
Spoiler
None of the bugs are fatal thankfully.
1) There is a bug after you get the multi-shot spell. After the disk disappears the hotspot for the disk is still there.
2) When the devil disappears the hotspot for the devil is still there.
3) When you go to the mountain place to fight to possessed dinosaur scotsman, walk to the left instead of going up the stairs and you'll be at the top.
4) When you talk to the innkeeper, he says "First door on the left"... You meant "on the right." There are no doors on the left side of the hallway.
5) There's a leftover hotspot next to the fireplace that says Arrow3 (something like that) it's very hard to find but it's on the right frame near the top corner of one of the chairs in the background. |\ at the point.

Found all three ends. 1) Good? ending with the princess, 2) Good? ending without the princess, 3) Bad ending Go to Hell.

Is there an ending where you can take the princess with you without her snapping at you for leaving her back there?
[close]

Wonderful job though. Is there someplace to get the game's soundtrack? =P

Mordalles

thanks, allustar! yeah, i know about those bugs where a hotspot still appears, but seeing that the game is so large, i'll only upload a newer version if there is a real fatal bug.  ;D i might get a faster internet connection in the near future, so if that happens, i'll be able to update it myself, without relying on somebody else.  :D

left? haha, sorry about that. i didn't even know about that. thanks for letting me know!

yeah, you found all the endings.

the complete soundtrack is not downloadable, although i think i should look into that.

thanks for the great feedback!  ;D

Afflict

Today I actually remember hey i didnt play this finished!!!
So started again and got stuck umm where was it again...

o'

Spoiler

Getting the cupid to loose (after you become a sharp shotter ;) )
getting the pendant from the glass case
proving to the lady that i will do good things (or help life or something)
and whats the binoculers for looking at the watch tower?

Simply I am not reading the hints because I dont want to spoil the whole game so if someone can just point me in the right direction ...

[close]

Goody o and yeah obviously we want a MORDY III (You wanted us to tell you as per the read me ;) )

Mordalles

Quote from: Afflict on Sat 18/03/2006 00:46:16
Today I actually remember hey i didnt play this finished!!!
So started again and got stuck umm where was it again...

o'

Spoiler

1.Getting the cupid to loose (after you become a sharp shotter ;) )
2.getting the pendant from the glass case
3.proving to the lady that i will do good things (or help life or something)
4.and whats the binoculers for looking at the watch tower?

Simply I am not reading the hints because I dont want to spoil the whole game so if someone can just point me in the right direction ...

[close]

Goody o and yeah obviously we want a MORDY III (You wanted us to tell you as per the read me ;) )

Spoiler

1. maybe if you could shoot more than one arrow at a time
2. if you haven't been into the watertower, you won't be able to yet
3. read a book in the hallway of the inn
4. just remember the time, you will need it  ;D
[close]

adventuregamegal

Hey, I thought that Mordy 2 was one of most professional looking games made so far with AGS.Ã,  The graphics were fantastic, the dialogue was entertaining, and the story was cute.Ã,  I have only one slightly negative comment to make.Ã,  I thought it was too hard with too much running around, and too many pauses to check the forums.Ã,  It seemed like nothing I thought should make sense did, I thought some things were a little far out.Ã,  I'm sorry, but I like to figure the stuff out...maybe it was just a bad couple of days for me and I had a massive brain fart.Ã,  Please, keep making the games. ;D

calacver

I agree with adventuregal, one of the most professional looking AGS games yet.

I just completed it and have to say, awesome! I found the puzzles just right, you have think a little, but not too difficult.

dougiedevil

Thank you for providing not just one, but two fantastic games.  I've been a fan of point-and-click since I played Maniac Mansion on the commodore 64 when I was just a kid.  You have truly made games that rank right up there with the best of the classics.  I can't wait to see what you'll do for part 3! 

Mordalles

thanks for the great replies, guys!

Hammer

I just heard about the two Mordy games today. Why have they been removed from the AGS database? Where can I download them?

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk